My Final Mock!

ASHKUM BEAR

RD2-49 Louis Delmas FS - With the 1st and 2nd level WR's off the board, the Bears select the top rated FS.

RD3-99 Mohammed Massaquoi WR - Bears had him targeted in RD2- Massaquoi is a quick big target the Bears are looking for.

RD4-119 Zack Follett SLB - Bears need an upgrade over Roach/Hunter, Zack is a hard hitter, superb instincts, pass rushing mutha that JA is drooling over.

RD5-140 Matt Shaughnessy DE - Hard worker that needs some fine tuning and body refinement. Attn:RodM/RustyJ

RD5-154 Jason Watkins OT - Developmental player to groom behind Pace, Shaffer, and Williams. Another RT/LT prospect.

RD6-190 Brandon Tate WR - Bears take a shot on a playmaker that can also do double duty as a returner.

RD7-246 Ray Feinga OG - Big mauler OG that will fit in a power run game, needs some work w/ Dusty to get in better shape

RD7-251 Morgan Trent CB - Big physical corner with big game experience

WR and FS are the two biggest needs to be addressed this offseason. Delmas is a can't miss at #49 and only Nicks/Britt/Robiskie can change JA's mind here. JA goes early on D addressing FS, SLB, and a DE Marinelli can work with. On offense, WR was the biggest concern and the Bears grab two hoping to strike gold. Two offensive linemen are also picked and they will need to be groomed for a couple of years before they are ready.

I like the picks other than Shaughnesy and Watkins. Matt has a serious injury history, and I just plain don't think he is a the type of RE we need. He'll probably be a nice LE some day though. If we were aiming for a LDE there, I love Kyle Moore as one. Not sure I really like ANY DE in that area really. I know everyone is slobbering over the upside and measurables that Melton has, but that is too early for him.

As for Watkins, I just plain don't like him and never really have. Not very strong, and I just don't see the feet. If we're going developmental (which we absolutely should), give me one of the many athletic guys there who need to work on technique and strength(Lang, Bussey, Murtha, Vollmer, Bell, Cadogen, Durand, Gardner, Lewis, etc.). Like the BYU duo at OG this year, and wouldn't be too disappointed with Feigna (or Bright) late.

I would be VERY happy if we were able to get Morgan that late. That would probably be my steal of the draft. Unfortunately, chances are slim to none that he will fall that low. Him and Dom Johnson seem to be getting no respect right now as far as big CBs go.

Shaughnessy has never complained about his injuries. When he's able, he's always gone out there and played, and most of the time he plays pretty well, even with injuries. He's a guy this organization and fan base would love with how competitive and ballsy he is.

It's not a bad draft at all. Unfortunately, I don't think MM will be there with our 3rd.

Shaughnessy has never complained about his injuries. When he's able, he's always gone out there and played, and most of the time he plays pretty well, even with injuries. He's a guy this organization and fan base would love with how competitive and ballsy he is.

That's all true, but just because he's played through it, that doesn't mean his injuries haven't affected his level of play. If I were the Bears, I'd probably take Shaughnessy off my board entirely. At the very least, I wouldn't want him before round 6 or 7.

It's not a bad draft at all. Unfortunately, I don't think MM will be there with our 3rd.

Shaughnessy has a high motor but injuries have slowed his quickness down. In the last two years he has had 8 sacks and he is suppose to be a better pass rusher than a run stopper. If were going to draft someone at that spot we need someone that has better quickness and actually was productive in college. We need someone with a better upside at that valve and he aint it.

Shaughnessy has a high motor but injuries have slowed his quickness down. In the last two years he has had 8 sacks and he is suppose to be a better pass rusher than a run stopper. If were going to draft someone at that spot we need someone that has better quickness and actually was productive in college. We need someone with a better upside at that valve and he aint it.

This is pretty much it. Shaughnessy doesn't do well redirecting back inside - he's strictly an outside edge rusher. After his injuries, he hasn't seemed quick enough to get around the tackle, and he doesn't really have any other technique to fall back on.