The Mohamed Movement Continues

dawhizz

If he had good hands he wouldn't even be around for our pick. We're getting a WR with some imperfections and Barden certainly has his too. I'm wondering if our real target is Iglesias. We've certainly been to the Oklahoma well often enough to be very familiar with their players. Iglesias also had a workout with the Bears.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/563875

An instinctive route-runner who reads coverages well and has a feel for getting open, Iglesias started 39 of 54 games for the Sooners, including four as a slot receiver and 35 at flanker. He has reliable hands, tracks the ball well over either shoulder and is adept and elusive as a punt and kick returner. He is not afraid to go over the middle and will fight for extra yardage. Iglesias has better quickness than his combine-best 40-yard time of 4.50 might indicate. He is hard to cover because he has a surprising burst that creates separation. Last year he caught 74 passes for 1,150 yards and 10 touchdowns, and finished with career totals of 202 receptions for 2,861 yards and 19 scores. He averaged 26.41 yards on kickoff returns. - Frank Cooney, The SportsXchange, NFLDraftScout.com

If he had good hands he wouldn't even be around for our pick. We're getting a WR with some imperfections and Barden certainly has his too. I'm wondering if our real target is Iglesias. We've certainly been to the Oklahoma well often enough to be very familiar with their players. Iglesias also had a workout with the Bears.

An instinctive route-runner who reads coverages well and has a feel for getting open, Iglesias started 39 of 54 games for the Sooners, including four as a slot receiver and 35 at flanker. He has reliable hands, tracks the ball well over either shoulder and is adept and elusive as a punt and kick returner. He is not afraid to go over the middle and will fight for extra yardage. Iglesias has better quickness than his combine-best 40-yard time of 4.50 might indicate. He is hard to cover because he has a surprising burst that creates separation. Last year he caught 74 passes for 1,150 yards and 10 touchdowns, and finished with career totals of 202 receptions for 2,861 yards and 19 scores. He averaged 26.41 yards on kickoff returns. - Frank Cooney, The SportsXchange, NFLDraftScout.com

You might be right about Iglesias, I like him.

I really dont understand what there is to dislike about Mass other than the hands. I think Barden is as good or worse.

Like I said in another post, this draft is a crapshoot more than any other I can remember.

I am starting to believe that Iglesias is the real target myself now. I have seen several mocks lately that actually has us taking him.

My worry about Iglesias, from the games I've seen anyway, is that he seems to consistently get tackled as soon as he catches the ball. He can get open and has great hands, but I'd like to see him stretch the field a bit more as a 2nd round pick.

You might be right about Iglesias, I like him.

I really dont understand what there is to dislike about Mass other than the hands. I think Barden is as good or worse.

Like I said in another post, this draft is a crapshoot more than any other I can remember.

The knock on Massaquoi is just not the drops! He's a bad route-runner as well.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingrepo...d-Massaquoi.php

http://walterfootball.com/pro2009mmassaquoi.php

I wouldn't touch him before the 5th round!

Iglesias with the 49th pick? Yes, if Robieskie, Nicks and Britt are all gone (likely).

The knock on Massaquoi is just not the drops! He's a bad route-runner as well.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingrepo...d-Massaquoi.php

http://walterfootball.com/pro2009mmassaquoi.php

I wouldn't touch him before the 5th round!

Iglesias with the 49th pick? Yes, if Robieskie, Nicks and Britt are all gone (likely).

They said they wanted a difference maker at WR, non of them are, so that tells me they will draft defense with the first pick and draft a guy later at WR. Depending on who they get will address help after the draft.

If Nicks, Britt, and Robiskie are all gone (as they probably will be) then my next choice would absolutely be Iglesias. He's fast enough, great at getting separation, runs nice routes (although he's better on short-to-intermediate patterns than deep ones) and the guy catches EVERYTHING. Plus, he has experience as a slot receiver and projects to the slot about as well as to a split end, so if Bennett pans out, we have another potential use for Iglesias.

I want Hakeem Nicks but if we can't get him I'm getting on board the Mohamed movement. However, I just don't see how a team could telegraph a pick so much so I have serious doubt that he's actually our target. Heck for all we know its a smoke screen to prevent a team from moving up and taking a different position player we'd prefer.