Bears were going to take . . . Michael Mitchell?

dawhizz

At the beginning of the second round, the Bears told Ohio safety Michael Mitchell to stay by his phone because they planned to draft him at No. 49. But the Raiders beat them to it, taking Mitchell two spots earlier.

"When [the Bears] did that, I was like, 'I'm going to be a Chicago Bear,' " Mitchell told the Raiders media during a teleconference. "That's what I was thinking."

That's what the Bears were thinking, too, until Oakland raided their second-round cupboard

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,4716296.column

Wow. Everyone was killing this pick when it was the Raiders. It will be interesting to see how he pans out.

Thank God. Jerry just likes to pick no namers because nobody knows about them and he thinks he can change a nobody into a somebody. It might work once or twice but he does it every year and it doesn't ever seem to work.

Lets face the facts, the next few rounds is what we do best at .

He doesn't wrap up very well but hits like a ton of bricks. His speed is evident on the video but he's going against lesser competition. I'm surprised he went so early.

Wow, that video actually impressed the hell out of me. Kiper had his as his 73rd best safety or something?

Well, this should close down these talks...

LINKY

Someone on the NFL network interviewed Jerry about that rumor, they did call him but were going to take him with there late third or early 4th round pick. Someone assumed it was with the second pick after the fact. They wanted Robisckie and when he wasnt there were trading out of it.