Not worried about Farve

Wesson44

The two NFC North clashes between the Bears and Vikings Nov. 29 in Minnesota and Dec. 28 on Monday Night Football in Chicago are suddenly a whole lot more intriguing.

“Anytime you play against him, the ticket requests go up,” Ogunleye said. “All of your friends want to come and watch the game. He’s just that kind of guy. When I have my own kids, I’m going to say that I played against Brett Favre.”

Favre owns NFL career records with 5,720 completions, 9,280 attempts, 65,127 yards and 310 interceptions. The 39-year-old also owns the league mark for most consecutive games started by a quarterback with 269.

Favre dominated the Bears for a decade before Lovie Smith arrived, leading the Packers to 18 wins in 20 meetings from 1994-2003. The tide turned, however, with the Bears winning six of eight games from 2004-2007.

Favre threw at least one touchdown pass in his first 26 games against the Bears before being kept out of the end zone in three straight contests beginning in 2005, when Chicago swept the season series from Green Bay for the first time since 1991, the year before Favre joined the Packers.

In his last six games against the Bears as a member of the Packers, Favre threw just 2 TD passes and 13 interceptions, three of which were returned for scores by Urlacher, Lance Briggs and Nate Vasher. In other words, Favre threw more TDs to the Bears than the Packers in that span.

Guest TerraTor

I know its biased cuz i hate the vikings, but i hope he is killed week 1.

Anyway, the guy has really tarnished a great career. I no longer have any respect for the guy and he needs to get over himself. He reminds of Tom Cruise.

I don't know how Brett Favre makes the Vikings a super bowl contender. IMO he actually makes them worse. I swear to God, the media acts like this is the Brett Favre that is in his prime years that will throw 30 TD's in a season when in reality, he just got done throwing 22 freaking INTERCEPTIONS last year and stunk the last half of the year with the Jets!

It is beyond me how someone can say the Vikings just won the division because they got a 40 something year old quarterback with declining skills. If the Vikings win the division which I don't see them doing, it will be because Adrian Peterson carries them there in spite of Favre. I see the Vikings finishing 3rd with the Bears in 1st and the Packers in 2nd place. Finally we have someone to take advantage of the Vikings poorest pass defense. Cutler will shred their defense as will Aaron Rodgers. I am not scared of Favre at all. Why would you be?

Anyway, the guy has really tarnished a great career. I no longer have any respect for the guy and he needs to get over himself. He reminds of Tom Cruise.

I hope he stays just healthy enough to remain in the lineup. He has shown over the past several seasons that he is quite adept at running a team into the ground. He also has shown that he can get the head coach fired and set the team back as far as QB development.

Oh yeah, and I want to see Briggs pummel him in both the games we play the Queens.

I hope he stays just healthy enough to remain in the lineup. He has shown over the past several seasons that he is quite adept at running a team into the ground. He also has shown that he can get the head coach fired and set the team back as far as QB development.

Oh yeah, and I want to see Briggs pummel him in both the games we play the Queens.

I am not scared either. Favre has made a career out of checking down to the RB's and now he goes to a team where the RB can't catch. Also his teams have always been about throwing the ball first to open up the running game, except this year where the Vikings are a run 1st team. If they change there identity and pass first you will see a very pissed off AP cuz he has always been the feature of the offense.

Favre leads the NFL in INT's, all time. The only coach who got him under control was Holmgren. Since then you might as well flip a coin because it's good Favre -- bad Favre and just like a box of chocolates you never know what you have until he opens it up on gameday. Do any of you think when a head coach like Childress gets on his knees to beg Favre to come play for him, violates two distinct deadlines ("it's now or we move on"), then starts training camp ready to move on yet backtracks two weeks later and calls for help again. Then when the guy gets in town the same head coach drives down to the airport to pick him up.

Anyone think that when Favre throws multiple INTs in a game that Childress is going to get in his face? How about the second time it happens? He can't because Favre will just look at him from his (Favre's) office and say "you begged me to come here." It's clear the tail is wagging this dog.

Their season starts off with several easy games they should win. I expect the entire league to be all over the Vikings and how they are going to the playoffs and the Superbowl. This part of the season is also when Favre will be the strongest. Then in week 4 their real season starts with Green Bay, then StL (easy), followed by Balt, Pitt, and again Green Bay. I expect the Green Bay games to be very physical. I'm curious to see how Favre does after this stretch.

More entertaining was watching take the direct hit on a blitz up the middle. He rolled off the carpet pretty slowly. I wonder what he was thinking after that play.

He was thinking wow I gave up fishing and throwing to the high school kids for 12 million to get my azz handed to me? I should have stayed retired!!

I don't know how Brett Favre makes the Vikings a super bowl contender. IMO he actually makes them worse. I swear to God, the media acts like this is the Brett Favre that is in his prime years that will throw 30 TD's in a season when in reality, he just got done throwing 22 freaking INTERCEPTIONS last year and stunk the last half of the year with the Jets!

It is beyond me how someone can say the Vikings just won the division because they got a 40 something year old quarterback with declining skills. If the Vikings win the division which I don't see them doing, it will be because Adrian Peterson carries them there in spite of Favre. I see the Vikings finishing 3rd with the Bears in 1st and the Packers in 2nd place. Finally we have someone to take advantage of the Vikings poorest pass defense. Cutler will shred their defense as will Aaron Rodgers. I am not scared of Favre at all. Why would you be?

Exactly. So many analysts say "well he had an injury".

Yeah, and he still has that same f***ing injury. Better luck in 2 years, Viqueens.

Yeah, and he still has that same f***ing injury. Better luck in 2 years, Viqueens.

I find it funny when I read an article on ESPN.com and they said "this was a succesful game for Favre." The only way the game was a success was that he wasn't injured. His throws were really bad and even the completion was thrown at the carpet just 4 yards in front making Harvin go down for it. Then they went on to say "meaningless Exhibition game." So the game for Favre was a meaningless Exhibition game but yet after the Bears game last week the same experts were ready to throw Cutler and Hester under the bus. I completely love the double standards.

As I understand it, he had that bicep tendon tear repaired by having it fully cut clean. It takes a couple months to get over that change but then the pain is gone for good with no impact to his throwing ability. While all that was going on they found a torn rotator cuff. That will cause him some issues if he throws too much. Since he doesn't like to practice he should be ok.

But Tom Cruise revitalized his career with a hilarious performance in Tropic Thunder. COMPLETELY unexpected.