Wonder if theres any relation

Guest TerraTor

What if he is related? It may be highly unlikely since one family is from California and the other from Texas but let us not forget the history of this country that you may be making light of.

Knox is a fair complexioned African American who could have some one caucasian in his roots. Why is that funny to you? Just look at the current sitting president and compare his skin color to Knox and see if there are any similarities.

TT you need to remember that this is a free web site and there are a lot of visitors who come from many walks of life. Sometimes what maybe funny to you may be offensive to others.

What if he is related? It may be highly unlikely since one family is from California and the other from Texas but let us not forget the history of this country that you may be making light of.

Knox is a fair complexioned African American who could have some one caucasian in his roots. Why is that funny to you? Just look at the current sitting president and compare his skin color to Knox and see if there are any similarities.

TT you need to remember that this is a free web site and there are a lot of visitors who come from many walks of life. Sometimes what maybe funny to you may be offensive to others.

Huh? The only thing I see thats funny is they have the same last name and played for the same team. I didn't pick up any racist overtones. Nice find though~ P.S. If he is a back why is he about to throw the ball hehe.

The last names are the same and first names rhyme. Bad joke, nothing more I thought.

I think back in that day, every player, including linemen, made that silly pose for PR!

Huh? The only thing I see thats funny is they have the same last name and played for the same team. I didn't pick up any racist overtones. Nice find though~ P.S. If he is a back why is he about to throw the ball hehe.

Guest TerraTor

What the F*** does that mean!!! You dont find the irony of some guy from the 50's named Ronnie Knox who played for the bears and Johnny Knox who currently plays fors the bears? You know what, I dont give a shit what the color of their skin is, are you fuggin serious??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im really sick and tired of the garbage on this website sometimes. Everything is taken literally, people put words in others mouths. Everything is PC. What is this football or BibleChat.com? For being an original poster from Bearstalk you were on the few i enjoyed reading but As far as im concerned u no longer exist. U wanna see offensive just ask....MORON!

You know what, I met Johnny Knox when Gary (bowlingtwig) and I got his autograph and shook his hand at the Fan Convention. I certainly know he is black. I read TerraTor's post, saw the picture, and thought there was no way he could be related or it would have been mentioned on ChicagoBears.com several times by now. When I saw the photo it never dawned on me Ronnie was white and Johnny was black. It just wasn't relevant to me for some reason. I guess I am color blind. I honestly do not think there was any attempt at racism in the post. If I had smelled the slightest hint of such I would have deleted it immediately.

I think it's best we all just move on...

As John Candy and Steve Martin said best after an uncomfortable moment in "Planes, Tain, and Automobiles":

DEL & NEAL: "AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH

NEAL: "See that Bears game last week?"

DEL: "Yeah, hell of a game. Hell of a game. The Bears have a great team this year. They're gonna go all the way this year."

http://www.adrianspeyer.com/planes.htm

What the F*** does that mean!!! You dont find the irony of some guy from the 50's named Ronnie Knox who played for the bears and Johnny Knox who currently plays fors the bears? You know what, I dont give a shit what the color of their skin is, are you fuggin serious??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im really sick and tired of the garbage on this website sometimes. Everything is taken literally, people put words in others mouths. Everything is PC. What is this football or BibleChat.com? For being an original poster from Bearstalk you were on the few i enjoyed reading but As far as im concerned u no longer exist. U wanna see offensive just ask....MORON!

You know what, I met Johnny Knox when Gary (bowlingtwig) and I got his autograph and shook his hand at the Fan Convention. I certainly know he is black. I read TerraTor's post, saw the picture, and thought there was no way he could be related or it would have been mentioned on ChicagoBears.com several times by now. When I saw the photo it never dawned on me Ronnie was white and Johnny was black. It just wasn't relevant to me for some reason. I guess I am color blind. I honestly do not think there was any attempt at racism in the post. If I had smelled the slightest hint of such I would have deleted it immediately.

I never agree with TT but I have to on this one. He didn't say anything at all that could possibly be taken offensive. It was just a bad joke nothing more nothing less. Just let it go.

Terra's the Howard Stern of Bearstalk...

If you're taking him too seriously, you're making a mistake. Sometmes he can be a little out of line, and sometimes he can be hilarious. Most the time it's a lot of the same ol' same ol'.

Like Stern (before satellite), if you don't like it, (turn the channel) ignore his posts.

Well, with TT you really never know where he is going with such things.

Although it wouldn't occur to me, I can see how lemonj could be offended.

I think a simple explaination from TT instead of a rant and an insult would suffice.

Well being that the politcal atmosphere wishes us to think without color involved, I have agree with TT on this, I found it humorous, Nothing more , Nothing less, Just think a bunch of us are quick to call a race card when the 60's pretty much took care of that and now having a black President it should be way over it. Let it go. TT good find man.

Oversensitive much?

Since I am African American maybe I find it offensive. Since I have posted on this site and the previous one you guys have never heard me play the race card and furthermore I wasn't hinting to the post being racist. I was pointing out why it was a bad joke and asked you to be careful. My mother's maiden name is Knox and she has someone caucasian in here roots.You understand my point?

As for calling me a Moron if you wish to do so in my face and not at a keyboard let me know then you can see if I exist or not.

Since I am African American maybe I find it offensive. Since I have posted on this site and the previous one you guys have never heard me play the race card and furthermore I wasn't hinting to the post being racist. I was pointing out why it was a bad joke and asked you to be careful. My mother's maiden name is Knox and she has someone caucasian in here roots.You understand my point?

As for calling me a Moron if you wish to do so in my face and not at a keyboard let me know then you can see if I exist or not.

Actually, I recall you being oversensitive once before, and inferring race into a fairly non racial situation. IIRC, and it may not be the same situation, it related to the Cedric Benson legal issues, and his subsequent release.

As for this issue, I almost never agree with TT, and find most of his posts somewhat counter-productive, but in this case, I don't feel he did anything remotely wrong. Further, your challenge to a fight is common and ignorant at best, and juvenile at worst.

Why not just read how EVERYONE has pretty much said that there is nothing wrong with the post, then look in the mirror and realize you're a tad bit oversensitive? In other words:

hulkavl3.jpg

//Look on the bright side, you've just insinuated that you'd like to fight a fellow poster on this board, and your admin privileges have yet to be threatened. I had a legit reasoning to censor a political comment and there was hellfire and brimstone.

Actually, I recall you being oversensitive once before, and inferring race into a fairly non racial situation. IIRC, and it may not be the same situation, it related to the Cedric Benson legal issues, and his subsequent release.

As for this issue, I almost never agree with TT, and find most of his posts somewhat counter-productive, but in this case, I don't feel he did anything remotely wrong. Further, your challenge to a fight is common and ignorant at best, and juvenile at worst.

Why not just read how EVERYONE has pretty much said that there is nothing wrong with the post, then look in the mirror and realize you're a tad bit oversensitive? In other words:

hulkavl3.jpg

//Look on the bright side, you've just insinuated that you'd like to fight a fellow poster on this board, and your admin privileges have yet to be threatened. I had a legit reasoning to censor a political comment and there was hellfire and brimstone.

Jason great pick from one of my favorite movies and I am not challenging anyone to a fight and consider this issue closed since it would be counter productive for this board for me to continue down this path if I am a lone wolf.Trust me I am not sensitive about this and really don't have to prove that to you or anyone else because I come on here to talk about the Bears. I have disagreed with you in the past and you and I have both agreed to disagree and usually avoid each other's posts because of this. So of all the times I have posted on the 2 sites you have seen me on you can recount 1 other time that I was overly sensitive about something? Admin privileges?Thats not why I'm here its the Bears and thats it. If I used my privaleges the way I can I would have deleted the post but instead I responded to it in what I thought was appropriate but now I see that I was completely WRONG about it and maybe I was a little too sensitive. SO I APOLOGIZE TO TERRA T AND THE REST OF THIS BOARD IF I CREATED A HOT BUTTON ISSUE BECAUSE THAT WAS NOT MY INTENTION.