Turner Sucks

butkusrules

You're right, I just don't get how we aren't running all over defenses. Run plays up the gut with 16 guys clogging the middle of the field? It doesn't make any sense!

I vote to lose Turner at the end of the season unless this offense get a whole lot better.

Peace :dabears

3 turnovers in scoring position (including the turnover on downs) were the killers.

first one the pick, the defensive free roamer able to make the play on a ball thrown too far outside.

second, first and goal inches from the goal line and we fumble not once but twice on consecutive plays resulting in turn over.

Third the final drive we had opportunity after opportunity and we shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid penalties offensive pass interference and we were in a hole on 3rd down on our own 29 needing the 4. We nearly get the first down. Then the offsides making it 4th and a long 5. and an incomplete pass.

The other turnover was the pick on an overthrow when we were moving the ball.

Conclusion this was sloppily played game and we deserved to lose. Inexcusable, we had two weeks to prepare for this game. This is one we should have won and these types of losses are the ones that can come back to haunt you.

Turner runs that offense. He is turning 4000yd Cutler into Orton. Why is Frank Omileye still playing? That guy is either dumb or lazy or both.

Rip on Turner all you want, but when you can't hammer it in from a few inches away and you try a run, pass and another run, it ain't the OC. It has to do with the horrendous run-blocking and the even worse running by Forte.

Forte is our 3rd best back on the roster right now, behind Wolfe and Peterson. Both have been far better and Forte has been one of the worse backs in the league with the exception of one game against Detroit and even in that game he looked bad with the exception of a few big runs.

Forte has zero burst right now. I just hope he's still hurting a bit and that there isn't more to this.

I know. I hate when he calls picks and fumbles. What a jerk.

Why are you making excuses for him? He sucks even when they win. He is in charge of that offense. Look at his record. Bears have sucked under his tenure.

Total Offense Rank

2005= ranked 29th

2006= ranked 15th

2007= ranked 27th

2008= ranked 26th

2009= ranked 22th so far.

FYI= there are only 32 teams. The best he ever produced was "average" on a team with a dominant Defense.

He is a loser, he was at Illinois and he is here.

You're right, my mistake. But still, with 1/2 yard to go, 2 runs up the middle with your RB and 2 with your QB should get you 1/2 yard. None of that PA bulls*** or tosses or sweeps.

The Bears tried a play action, a run up the middle, and a sweep. I don't see too much wrong with that. They failed on all three and on two of them it didn't even look like we had an oline...so ya, again, I'd put that on the freakin line and our back who couldn't hold onto the freakin football.

The Bears tried a play action, a run up the middle, and a sweep. I don't see too much wrong with that. They failed on all three and on two of them it didn't even look like we had an oline...so ya, again, I'd put that on the freakin line and our back who couldn't hold onto the freakin football.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. All I'm saying is that it might be easier to score straight up the middle for 1/2 yard rather than tossing it 4 yards to the left and then needing 4 yards ahead of you.

This is not looking good. We have to go 5-2 (beat CIN, CLE, ARZ, SF, and PHI) in our next 7, or else we'll be looking too far up in the wild card standings too, and then we'll be looking for a new head coach.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. All I'm saying is that it might be easier to score straight up the middle for 1/2 yard rather than tossing it 4 yards to the left and then needing 4 yards ahead of you.

This is not looking good. We have to go 4-2 in our next 6, or else we'll be looking too far up in the wild card standings too, and then we'll be looking for a new head coach.

Is there a real downside to that?? That is a positive for me because I am not a fan of this staff at all...

This is not looking good. We have to go 5-2 (beat CIN, CLE, ARZ, SF, and PHI) in our next 7, or else we'll be looking too far up in the wild card standings too, and then we'll be looking for a new head coach.

If we don't win, than we deserve a new head coach and with Cutler at QB plenty of good coaches will be lining up to take the job.

Let's be honest, it's not hard to agree with this thread. After all, Turner does suck. He's unimaginative and predictable. Hell, three or four of us at the game were predicting plays based upon formation, and we were doing well. Damn well. And we don't have the advantage of this being our job, and without the game tape. Suffice to say, the opposing defensive coaches can predict the Bears offense quite a few times per game.

However, he didn't fumble that ball on the goal line, twice. That killed the Bears. I actually like the toss/sweep play. It's not like the run upt he middle was doing well. The call allows Forte to look for a lane, cut back, and blast through. Of course, it would be great if the Bears' OL didn't suck at run blocking - a point that is completely undebateable.

One play, on the other hand, doesn't make the game. And Turner had far too many opporunities where he was predictable, and it hurt the Bears. Where in the world was the play-action rollout to the tight end? That play is MONEY. And it's especially effective on the goal line, or close to it. There were plenty of missed opportunities out there, and it's on Turner to find them. In the several years he's been here, he hasn't found them very often. It's time for a new OC.

I know I don't post much on here. I read everyday, but you guys do a great job of covering most everything I am thinking. However last night was horrible. The players made a lot of mistakes, but it was, as you said, far too easy calling the plays the bears were going to run. How many times in a row on 1st and 10 did we run the ball straight up the gut for a loss or at most 2 yards? It was sickening. I know we need to get the running game going, but the straight up the gut tactic on 1st down was clearly not working. The only way we were moving the ball was to pass, and we had to do that more and more as the game went on because we had 2nd and long and then 3rd and long over and over because Turner kept calling runs up the middle on 1st down. Coaching becomes increasingly important the more the players fall short. You have to recognize your own weaknesses and adapt. Turner simply didn't do that.

That said, the coaching staff has done a pretty good job of adapting the game plans this year as the game goes on as evidenced by the many come from behind wins this season. Especially compared to last year, however, last night was horrible. I was screaming all night for that same play-action rollout to the tight end that you mentioned because it has worked nearly every time we run it. Yet last night in several goal line situations we choose to run straight up the gut when the falcons have been handing our line there own butts all game long. The only short yardage play that did work last night was the above mentioned qb sneak and we didn't try that either.

I am done venting now, but the only other question I have for you guys is why do we not run the no huddle offense from the shotgun more often? I know it has been covered in years past, but it seems like Cutler is pretty effective running the no huddle. I live in Indy and see the Colts all the time, and with Manning they run the no huddle constantly and just tear teams apart. So if it works then why not try it a little more? Do you think it is the inexperience of a lot of our offensive players? We have a lot of young guys or new to the team guys, but at some point when the offense is struggling this could be a great thing to do to switch things up a little. Just like Atlanta did last night.

Let's be honest, it's not hard to agree with this thread. After all, Turner does suck. He's unimaginative and predictable. Hell, three or four of us at the game were predicting plays based upon formation, and we were doing well. Damn well. And we don't have the advantage of this being our job, and without the game tape. Suffice to say, the opposing defensive coaches can predict the Bears offense quite a few times per game.

However, he didn't fumble that ball on the goal line, twice. That killed the Bears. I actually like the toss/sweep play. It's not like the run upt he middle was doing well. The call allows Forte to look for a lane, cut back, and blast through. Of course, it would be great if the Bears' OL didn't suck at run blocking - a point that is completely undebateable.

One play, on the other hand, doesn't make the game. And Turner had far too many opporunities where he was predictable, and it hurt the Bears. Where in the world was the play-action rollout to the tight end? That play is MONEY. And it's especially effective on the goal line, or close to it. There were plenty of missed opportunities out there, and it's on Turner to find them. In the several years he's been here, he hasn't found them very often. It's time for a new OC.

I know I don't post much on here. I read everyday, but you guys do a great job of covering most everything I am thinking. However last night was horrible. The players made a lot of mistakes, but it was, as you said, far too easy calling the plays the bears were going to run. How many times in a row on 1st and 10 did we run the ball straight up the gut for a loss or at most 2 yards? It was sickening. I know we need to get the running game going, but the straight up the gut tactic on 1st down was clearly not working. The only way we were moving the ball was to pass, and we had to do that more and more as the game went on because we had 2nd and long and then 3rd and long over and over because Turner kept calling runs up the middle on 1st down. Coaching becomes increasingly important the more the players fall short. You have to recognize your own weaknesses and adapt. Turner simply didn't do that.

That said, the coaching staff has done a pretty good job of adapting the game plans this year as the game goes on as evidenced by the many come from behind wins this season. Especially compared to last year, however, last night was horrible. I was screaming all night for that same play-action rollout to the tight end that you mentioned because it has worked nearly every time we run it. Yet last night in several goal line situations we choose to run straight up the gut when the falcons have been handing our line there own butts all game long. The only short yardage play that did work last night was the above mentioned qb sneak and we didn't try that either.

I am done venting now, but the only other question I have for you guys is why do we not run the no huddle offense from the shotgun more often? I know it has been covered in years past, but it seems like Cutler is pretty effective running the no huddle. I live in Indy and see the Colts all the time, and with Manning they run the no huddle constantly and just tear teams apart. So if it works then why not try it a little more? Do you think it is the inexperience of a lot of our offensive players? We have a lot of young guys or new to the team guys, but at some point when the offense is struggling this could be a great thing to do to switch things up a little. Just like Atlanta did last night.

To be honest, I think it comes down to Turner just not wanting to do things out of his comfort zone. I think it's unimaginative, boring, and probably buys his wife the same gift every year for Christmas...you know, because she liked it the first year. The no huddle is not going to happen in large doses while he's here. Period. I damn near shat myself when the Bears got into the Wildcat last night. I barely had time to register what was happening before Hester was going around edge. Everyone in my section was shocked.

To be honest, I think it comes down to Turner just not wanting to do things out of his comfort zone. I think it's unimaginative, boring, and probably buys his wife the same gift every year for Christmas...you know, because she liked it the first year. The no huddle is not going to happen in large doses while he's here. Period. I damn near shat myself when the Bears got into the Wildcat last night. I barely had time to register what was happening before Hester was going around edge. Everyone in my section was shocked.

I'm not trying to be funny but frankly, this offense needs to just get tha damn ball downfield. SCREW THE RUN! I don't care if we have to throw 60 times a game. This team for whatever reason is just not capable of running the football right now and until there are, we need to implement the same offense as New Orleans, yeah I know, never happen but unless we do, we are going to be an 8-8 football team. Look, Payotn isn't bashful and I think that Cutler can be as effective as Brees with the speed we have at WR. I would work my ass off to import a guy like TO if not him or get Aromashudo up to speed so we have some physical type WR to get the tough first downs but I would much rather watch Cutler throw 2 INTs every week and 3-4TDs than watch Forte and the O line stumble and fumble their way to failure. And don't tell me it won't work because last night we threw for 300 yds with ZERO running game. The only reason Turner won't do what New Orleans is doing is because he's a chicken shit and would rather lose a close game than risk a bl;owout. Hey, to me, a loss is a loss. I don't care what we lose by. We need to get the ball downfield.

I agree with you guys that turning the ball over isn't on Turner, but still, running a sweep when you need 1/2 a yard on 4th down is unacceptable. The QB sneak worked all game- why stop now?

these are just a few of the plays i DO question...

1. a fade into the corner of the endzone by the SMALLEST receiver on our squad. isn't this where you put the jumbo sized players in? like 6'6" greg olson, 6'6" k. davis, or EVEN the 6'3" d. clark??? hmmmm, i have seen this call at least twice this season with hester running the route from inside our 5 yardline fading into the right corner. wouldn't our qb be better received by our speed guys like knox and/or hester in slants or crossing patterns over the middle and put our LARGER receivers in position to grab these usually high touch passes?

2. if it's 1st or 2nd and goal and you are on the 1/2 yardline what play do you call first? seriously, what call? since bart starr ran a qb sneak in the mid 1960's this has usually been the normal play call if your center isn't a 2 foot tall midget.

3. i also have to ask this question to the board... when it's 3rd down and 1 at your opponents 1 freaking yard line do you call a play that pulls your left guard to fill the 5 gap where your RT and RG have just downblocked and he follows the fullback who seals off the outside at 5 gap, stands there looking around while the running back power runs up the freakin MIDDLE where everyone on the line has pinched the defensive tackles/guards to the middle?

4. and sweeps? there are 11 defenders squashed into a 5 yard area. do you really want to design slow forming running plays inside an opponents 5 yard line? especially when your offensive line is slower than death and is getting pushed back a yard or two from the line of scrimmage at the snap?

finally... have we had worse coordinators and seen worse calls from our offensive coordinators in chicago? without any doubt. but even with the poor excuses we have for offensive linemen (thanks to angelo) turner has NOT put the talent he has been FORCED to work with in a position to succeed with any real consistency either as *starters or the type of scheme he is running and finally down to gameday play calling.

* people keep asking about the poor play of #68 frank owhatamidoinghere our esteemed LG and frankly i have to agree with them. he has a decent to good block about every 3-4 plays. who has penciled this guy as our starter at LG? CERTAINLY not lovie!!! i admit i was no fan of beekman but if frank is truly the best player we can field at that position we might as well fire every lineman we have and just pull some fat clown out of the stands and suit him up for minimum wage.

Orton is looking like a totally different person...ok maybe that injury last year really messed him up, but I am going to place the blame on turner.

Turner deserve alot of blame, but not for that. Orton had progressed every year in our system. He just deseres credit for where he's a.