One of the most incredible comments

nfoligno

Reading a Trib article talking about what to do if/when Pace is healthy. Article mostly seems to point to the greater need of finding out whether Williams is their LT or not, but in reading the article, Briggs makes the following comment.

While he has been maligned for his play much of the season, he held up blocking the Vikings' Jared Allen solo before being hurt.

I read that and just froze. To say he blocked Jared Allen solo is equal to saying, hey, Jonathan Quinn started at QB. Just because you point out a situation a player was in doesn't factor how they played.

Yes, we did put Pace on Allen solo (still can't figure that one out) but Allen abused Pace all day. When Pace left w/ injury, I think most initially thought we benched him because he was playing so poorly.

If Pace was simply beat by Allen, that would be one thing. Allen has been a monster all year, and pretty much every other sane team out there double teams him. But Pace has been equally bad regardless of who is lined up against him. Simply put. Pace is done. We can keep him on the roster as a sign of respect to the future hall of famer, but I would be more disgusted w/ our staff than I think I ever have been if we re-insert him at LT, and move Williams back to RT.

Is that Brad Briggs writing that?

It's prety much a blatant lie and misdirection of truth regardless which sycophant wrote it...

Reading a Trib article talking about what to do if/when Pace is healthy. Article mostly seems to point to the greater need of finding out whether Williams is their LT or not, but in reading the article, Briggs makes the following comment.

While he has been maligned for his play much of the season, he held up blocking the Vikings' Jared Allen solo before being hurt.

I read that and just froze. To say he blocked Jared Allen solo is equal to saying, hey, Jonathan Quinn started at QB. Just because you point out a situation a player was in doesn't factor how they played.

Yes, we did put Pace on Allen solo (still can't figure that one out) but Allen abused Pace all day. When Pace left w/ injury, I think most initially thought we benched him because he was playing so poorly.

If Pace was simply beat by Allen, that would be one thing. Allen has been a monster all year, and pretty much every other sane team out there double teams him. But Pace has been equally bad regardless of who is lined up against him. Simply put. Pace is done. We can keep him on the roster as a sign of respect to the future hall of famer, but I would be more disgusted w/ our staff than I think I ever have been if we re-insert him at LT, and move Williams back to RT.

Yes, it was Briggs.

I liked Briggs as a writer for the Sun times. I read in the Trib the other day that for some reason (seemed fairly mysterious) he very suddenly left the Times and the Trib very quickly hired him on. I think Briggs is a good enough beat writer.

Most media does this, but I think the Trib as much or more than others, tends to assign a certain role/personality to their writers. I have no proof, but I think numerous writer's job is to actually be an attack dog or apologist. After reading this piece, I can only hope Briggs was not hired on and told to be some glass half full writer, because if so, he just lost all cred.

Is that Brad Briggs writing that?

It's prety much a blatant lie and misdirection of truth regardless which sycophant wrote it...

Yes, it was Briggs.

I liked Briggs as a writer for the Sun times. I read in the Trib the other day that for some reason (seemed fairly mysterious) he very suddenly left the Times and the Trib very quickly hired him on. I think Briggs is a good enough beat writer.

Most media does this, but I think the Trib as much or more than others, tends to assign a certain role/personality to their writers. I have no proof, but I think numerous writer's job is to actually be an attack dog or apologist. After reading this piece, I can only hope Briggs was not hired on and told to be some glass half full writer, because if so, he just lost all cred.

I believe Biggs has replaced John Mullin,who is writing on csnchicago.com and making regular appearances on Chicago Tribune Live on the Comcast sportnetwork here locally,as the Bears beat writer for the Trib.

Ridiculous. I used to think highly of him as well.

I even saw where Morrissey is now on the Sun Times. If Rosenbloom goes to the Sun Times than i think the McCaskey's have brought a share of the Trib! I dislike Rosenbloom, but he's now really the only voice is dissent on the Trib. Maybe Mcneil...but he's a little too blow-hardy and really just a radio personality.

i have lost respect regardless. If he truly feels that, he isn't doing his homework and watching games. If he's being told to say it, then he's just a paid liar.

Yes, it was Briggs.

Ridiculous. I used to think highly of him as well.

I even saw where Morrissey is now on the Sun Times. If Rosenbloom goes to the Sun Times than i think the McCaskey's have brought a share of the Trib! I dislike Rosenbloom, but he's now really the only voice is dissent on the Trib. Maybe Mcneil...but he's a little too blow-hardy and really just a radio personality.

i have lost respect regardless. If he truly feels that, he isn't doing his homework and watching games. If he's being told to say it, then he's just a paid liar.

Everyone needs to back up a bit. One statement in one article does not make someone a 'paid liar' or mean that they are 'not doing his homework'. Briggs has been reporting on the Bears for years. He watches every game. If you listen to him on the SCORE every morning that he calls in, he is no Bears apologist.

Peace :dabears

Fair enough...

But, I just can't cut any slack to someone covering the Bears getting paid for such as a service of information to spew something that is absolutely untrue.

I do listen to the Score in the mornings, and he comes off better there...but this article is a blatant mis-truth.

But I think you mistake my outrage against Briggs solely against him...it more follows the theme of nfo's comment that there seems to be factions. Those seemlingly behind Bears' moves and those against. I think both factions have made their erronous and false statements. But given the current failings, to prop the OL is just beyond ridiculous. My "liar" comment was more a generality than towards Briggs directly. It's like politican spin moreso.... Which, I find even more appauling.

And also, because I did like Briggs and his comments in the past, I'm more upset than I normally would be. When I read the crap from someone like a Mariotti, I could care less. But from someone I held to a higher standard, darn right I'm more irritated.

Everyone needs to back up a bit. One statement in one article does not make someone a 'paid liar' or mean that they are 'not doing his homework'. Briggs has been reporting on the Bears for years. He watches every game. If you listen to him on the SCORE every morning that he calls in, he is no Bears apologist.

Fair enough...

But, I just can't cut any slack to someone covering the Bears getting paid for such as a service of information to spew something that is absolutely untrue.

I do listen to the Score in the mornings, and he comes off better there...but this article is a blatant mis-truth.

But I think you mistake my outrage against Briggs solely against him...it more follows the theme of nfo's comment that there seems to be factions. Those seemlingly behind Bears' moves and those against. I think both factions have made their erronous and false statements. But given the current failings, to prop the OL is just beyond ridiculous. My "liar" comment was more a generality than towards Briggs directly. It's like politican spin moreso.... Which, I find even more appauling.

And also, because I did like Briggs and his comments in the past, I'm more upset than I normally would be. When I read the crap from someone like a Mariotti, I could care less. But from someone I held to a higher standard, darn right I'm more irritated.

Understood. I personally think people tend to over-react to much that is written and said. I simply think everyone needs to realize the big picture - how many articles does Briggs write per week? How many interviews does he give? You are going to end up not agreeing with him every once in awhile. The same can be said for anyone who covers the team. In general, what is he doing right now? I would say, for the most part, he has been very critical of the team (of course, how could you not be).

Points well made.

Understood. I personally think people tend to over-react to much that is written and said. I simply think everyone needs to realize the big picture - how many articles does Briggs write per week? How many interviews does he give? You are going to end up not agreeing with him every once in awhile. The same can be said for anyone who covers the team. In general, what is he doing right now? I would say, for the most part, he has been very critical of the team (of course, how could you not be).

Guy, it's Biggs not Briggs. As far as the Pace comments goes; I think Pompei summed it up when he said Pace was one on one with Allen for 17 pass plays ans Allen disrupted 10 of them. That is horrendous. Maybe Biggs is claiming Pace was injured in warmups. Regardless, it was and still is an idiot comment.

Conner,

What I don't think you are really taking into consideration is that biggs now has a new job/employer. With his new employeer, with I think his very first writing, he makes the statement I highlighted.

Yes, it is one statement in one article. But it is also an inredibly shocking statement in his first article for his new employeer w/ his new job.

I am not reaching out for conclusions here, but I do believe this something worth watching. Biggs has been someone I enjoyed reading at the Times, but he is now with the Trib. Often you see writers who seem to be specialized antagonist or protaganists for the trib. After reading this article, I think it worth point out and watching to see if Biggs is a new protaganist for the Bears on the Trib.