where was this energy and play calling all year?

BearFan2000

We are actually seeing good play calling. They are rolling cutler out, using protection packages to keep him upright and give him time to throw. Amazing how those things are helping Jay look like the QB we gave up so much for. What puzzles me is we are 2 weeks from the end of the season and are just now playing at a level we were hoping to see when the season started. If we do in fact win this one good game plan and effort cannot overshadow the poor preparation of the past 14 weeks. If anything it's more an indictment of the coaching staff that the same players that were inept for the better part of the season that are playing well tonight.

And just as I type it we call 3 straight dumb calls. Things are going well Ron tries to get cute and clever so he goes away from what was working.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Williams should have been starting all year. He has looked good and natural. This time around they are actually helping with chip blocks. Pass protection and a little success running the ball and Jay looks like a totally different QB. Further proof that the O-Line has to be a priority. When Jay has time to read the play as it develops he isn't forced to throw it to where his first read should be with defensive linemen breathing down his neck he is pretty darn accurate and can truly use that cannon of an arm. Fix the Line and you go a long way towards fixing the offense. Jay's 25 pics have a lot to do with virtually no protection, no run game, and little chance to get comfortable in a game. At the end of the day people will focus on 25 and say Jay sucks but forget that one man can't do it all.

Forte as well has looked sharp, he is using better vision on his runs. Even a decent run game works wonders and makes the play action a possibility. It also takes pressure off the QB.

Play calling we are actually seeing play calling that caters to Jay's strengths not forcing him to be what he's not. This so far is Ron's best game calling this season.

Now on the flip side I do feel that the Vikings felt they'd just come here and have their way and who can blame them we've given plenty of reason to think that way. They are now trying to turn it on down 16-0. My guess is we will still lose because our coaches can't adjust in game. Once the vikes get their crap together they will take over the game.

What an odd experience... On one hand I'm actually enjoying how the Bears are playing, seeing Favre sulking on the sidelines, knowing that with a win we can deny Minny the #1 seed and they could and up without a bye in the first round LOL

On the other hand it is irritating that when we have played like crap all year we finally see good good coaching, effective pass protection, effective running, a solid passing game, solid red zone offense, special teams playing well, and defense doing well. Can our coaches only coach well when their backs are against the wall and their jobs are in jeopardy? It should not take this situation to motivate our coaches or team to step up.

Watch. We will lose this game. Vikings player with a bit of a cheap shot to Knox as he was lying on the ground. Doesn't look good.

I thought hitting a defenseless player was a personal foul? Why have the rule if it doesn't include a player lying on the ground?

Peace :dabears

Jesus.. Can we have any more big injuries this year? My god, Knox goes down with a knee and now Tillman has to go out on a stretcher. Thank god this season is almost over! I'm sick of all these injuries!

Both are probably out next week. Hopefully the injuries are not serious enough to affect next yr. At least this should mean Iglesias and Moore will get some reps.

Peace :dabears