Bates Might Be Going to Seattle

DABEARSDABOMB

He's been attached to a few jobs over the years. he's still a major player in LA, if not THE player. So, I wouldn't be shocked if this were not just a ply for him to get an extention and raise at USC.

Based on what they are saying out here, it sounds like Carrol is already assembling his coaching staff and will be leaving USC. Bates will be joining him as the OC.

We'll see if it ends up shaking out that way.

According to this morning's update ticker on ESPNews it showed that Carroll stated via text to Mortenson that he has not had any discussions nor interviews with any NFL team. Does not mean that it is not happening however, Carroll is being the shrewd businessman that he has always been. I imagine that Seattle is going to present Carroll with an offer he just is not able to refuse and I would imagine that Carroll will turn around and offer Bates something that Bates just can not refuse as well.

Remember as well that supposedly per Phillips that 2010 is a must win with playoffs or else and if Bates comes in and the team fails miserably once again which is probable, then Bates will be looking for a new job again in January 2011. If I were Bates and there seemed to be a better chance to show what I am able to do by joining my current boss at his predicted new NFL position, I would wait to see if that happens and if he does want me with him in a more prominent role than what he has now.

According to this morning's update ticker on ESPNews it showed that Carroll stated via text to Mortenson that he has not had any discussions nor interviews with any NFL team. Does not mean that it is not happening however, Carroll is being the shrewd businessman that he has always been. I imagine that Seattle is going to present Carroll with an offer he just is not able to refuse and I would imagine that Carroll will turn around and offer Bates something that Bates just can not refuse as well.

Remember as well that supposedly per Phillips that 2010 is a must win with playoffs or else and if Bates comes in and the team fails miserably once again which is probable, then Bates will be looking for a new job again in January 2011. If I were Bates and there seemed to be a better chance to show what I am able to do by joining my current boss at his predicted new NFL position, I would wait to see if that happens and if he does want me with him in a more prominent role than what he has now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4810861

Looks like Carroll will go to Seattle and Bates will join him there.