I like the Bear's approach to the search....

Pixote

I do not want the Bears to rush to hire an OC or DC just to appease fans and media. There are many good candidates on the eight remaining teams in the playoffs the Bears are unable to interview. There are other candidates that will surface as well. I hope they take their time and make wise decisions. I see no reason to rush to a decision at this point in the off season.

I do not want the Bears to rush to hire an OC or DC just to appease fans and media. There are many good candidates on the eight remaining teams in the playoffs the Bears are unable to interview. There are other candidates that will surface as well. I hope they take their time and make wise decisions. I see no reason to rush to a decision at this point in the off season.

I would agree with this on the offensive side. I am hoping they interview Al Saunders once the Ravens are out of the playoffs. However, it was clear that they wanted Fewell for DC and he chose the Giants. I am unaware of any candidate on the remaining 8 teams that has both the following qualifications:

- Was previously a DC

- Uses the cover 2 systerm as a base

If there are none, then the Bears have lost out on the best candidate based upon their needs. As I said in a previous thread, they may as well promote Babich because he will probably have more experience than anyone they bring in. Note - this is not what I want, but what appears to be a reality.

Peace :dabears

I would agree with this on the offensive side. I am hoping they interview Al Saunders once the Ravens are out of the playoffs. However, it was clear that they wanted Fewell for DC and he chose the Giants. I am unaware of any candidate on the remaining 8 teams that has both the following qualifications:

- Was previously a DC

- Uses the cover 2 systerm as a base

If there are none, then the Bears have lost out on the best candidate based upon their needs. As I said in a previous thread, they may as well promote Babich because he will probably have more experience than anyone they bring in. Note - this is not what I want, but what appears to be a reality.

Peace :dabears

Put me in the "procede with caution and eliberation" camp. Fewel might be Lovie'stop choice, but I'd rather they take their time to really get the "best" guy because he knows how to run a solid D, not because he is the square peg for their square hole.

Why the rush? I'd rther they interview a ton of guys and then pick the ones that impressed them. Having said that, it seems that Lovie's approach to things seems to be make a decision and then go full speed ahead, damn the torpedoes in that direction--see naming starters without competition.

That sounds nice, but I am not sure how good of a plan that really is. Not only are quality OC and DC candidates being hired, but as that happens, quality available position coaches are also being hired. Those teams that are quick and decisive to hire a new coach also get first crack at the quality assistant coaches available. The longer you hold out, the longer the pool thins out. And lets be honest. Our situation isn't the best, and thus the pool of quality candidates that would actually come here in the first place wasn't deep to begin with.

Taking your time and getting it right sounds nice, but I'm just not sure it really works that way. Remember, early bird gets the worm. Or one of my favorites. You snooze you lose.

That sounds nice, but I am not sure how good of a plan that really is. Not only are quality OC and DC candidates being hired, but as that happens, quality available position coaches are also being hired. Those teams that are quick and decisive to hire a new coach also get first crack at the quality assistant coaches available. The longer you hold out, the longer the pool thins out. And lets be honest. Our situation isn't the best, and thus the pool of quality candidates that would actually come here in the first place wasn't deep to begin with.

Taking your time and getting it right sounds nice, but I'm just not sure it really works that way. Remember, early bird gets the worm. Or one of my favorites. You snooze you lose.

Normally, my instinct is to take one's time with this decision. Problem is, the last time a Chicago Franchise took their time in finding a coach, the Bulls wound up contracting VDN.

I could not agree more...

Taking too much time is a sign of weakness and indecision.

One must not rush into things, but nor should one sit on the fence until his/her legs go numb...

Normally, my instinct is to take one's time with this decision. Problem is, the last time a Chicago Franchise took their time in finding a coach, the Bulls wound up contracting VDN.

The last time the Bears took their time in a job search, they got Jerry Angelo!