Lemon's QB Rankings Pre- All-Star Games and Workouts

lemonej

1.Colt Mc Coy - His injury in the BCS Championship game has my eyebrow raised and is causing him to slip a little.

2.Jevan Snead- Early in the season he was clearly my number 1 but I question his decision making

3.Tony Pike -He has had an injury filled year and I'm concerned about his durability but when he plays he shows all the skills you like in a QB

4.Tim Tebow- This is more of a ranking for his career but once the workouts start and scouts start to dissect his mechanics his stock as aQB may start to drop and he may be looked at as an athlete.

5Dan LeFevour-I have watched quite a few of his games over the last few seasons and think he is the best MAC qb prospect since Big Ben and thats no disrespect to Charlie Frye,Bruce Gradkowski or Nate Davis.

6.Sam Bradford- Shoulder surgery pretty much has put a big question mark on this guy's chest and then when you factor in what happened to the previous Oklahoma Heismann QB Jason White you start to wonder.

7Billy Cundiff- Who? He is from a small school called Ashland has an impressive TD to INT ratio of 24 to 1 on 199-305 att/comp 65.2% Thats freakin dart throwin'

8.Jimmy Clausen IMO he is overrated has almost a sidearmed throwing motion and is only getting hype because of his school and former HC. One thing he does have is heart and desire to get better.

9.Zac Robinson- Even though he had pro prospects at RB and WR his stock dropped this year because of his poise in big games and his decision making. His arm strength is average at best.

10.Riley Skinner- 9,762 career passing yards and a school record 3160 yds and 26 TDs in a single season.He is a short passing game type QB and woul probably fit a WCO

11. Isiah Williams - He started to decline after Rey Malauga tackled him from every angle in the 2008 Rose Bowl and now maybe better suited for another position and running "Wildcat".

12.Daryll Clark- He reminds me of former Nittany Lion QB Michael Robinson. His lack of mechanics and accuracy may cause some to look at him as an athlete only.

13.Tim Hiller -He leaves Western Michigan as their career passing leader and this is the same school that had Greg Jennings and Tony Schefler at the same time over a 4yr span.

14Todd Reising- Big !2 total offens leader and ranks second in passing yds per game. He has average skillls and his lack of height will hurt his draft status.

15. Matt Grothe- Early in his career he started as a true freshman and proved to be a winner but his lack of size and current recovery from an ACL may force him to chase his dream of becoming a coach early.

This list will probably change several times before the draft once everones warts are exposed.(LOL)

Couldn't disagree with you more. Bradford and Claussen top my list. Both have strong, accurate arms, and can make the throws.

McCoy is a tough pick because I don't know if he'll have all of the skills necessary to excel in the NFL but his speed and intangibles make him intriguing.

First of all thanks for your input and comments.

As for the two Qbs in question I have followed Claussen since he played in the Army endorsed HS All Star game prior to attending Notre Dame and his freshman year when Weiss put him on the field after a Chicago recruit Demetrius Jones failed in the first half of their season opener, Clausen ran for his life basically the whole year because ND's line was horrible and he eventually was injured and then Weiss inserted a Senior whose name escapes me, to finish the season. In retrospect maybe that Senior should have started over both Jones and Clausen. I just think Clausen should have stayed in school one more year to improve his mechanics because with Golden Tate and Michael Floyd as his WRs, they are good enough to cover up any flaws a college Qb can have.When I made the comment about his coach, I was looking at the lack of success Brady Quinn has had even though he was under the wing of Charlie Weiss' wisdom it has not translated to the next level. It is common that guys in the NFL who are assistant coaches get credit for developing players that are special but the way I see it is players like Farve,Brady and Peyton Manning would be special if you and I were coaching them because they have that inner drive to get better on their own.Clausen may eventually be a good NFL qb but right now I think he should have stayed at ND.

Bradford? Shoulder injury and draft don't go together. Right now he is Brodie Coyle with a different injury. Until I see him throw the ball I will stick to my guns. Good college player when healthy maybe he should have come out last year when he may hev been the overall number one pick.

I've generally found myself impressed with Reesing when I've watched him. He has major size issues (I don't even know that he's 6'0"), but he's got a stronger arm than you think and he put up consistently big numbers until this year when things kind of fell apart. As a later round guy, I can see him making a team.

3.Tony Pike -He has had an injury filled year and I'm concerned about his durability but when he plays he shows all the skills you like in a QB

Overrated! clap clap clapclapclap.

All the skills except an arm and mobility. I guess those are tools, but both of those tools on him are bottom of the league material.

Crompton, Stull and both Browns are better prospect than half the guys on your list, but it is your list and that's your right.