Word is Chud is not coming

Connorbear

The article didn't say if this was Chud's decision or the Bears. I wonder which?

You really have to wonder what the hell the Bears are doing. It's been 3 weeks we announced we needed a new OC & DC . . . why the hell aren't we interviewing anybody? Frazier turned us down, we interviewed the QB coach from Cincy, and that's it.

The article didn't say if this was Chud's decision or the Bears. I wonder which?

You really have to wonder what the hell the Bears are doing. It's been 3 weeks we announced we needed a new OC & DC . . . why the hell aren't we interviewing anybody? Frazier turned us down, we interviewed the QB coach from Cincy, and that's it.

I think you mean Perry Fewell. IMHO they have put the DC position on hold until the resolve the offense or Indy loses. I think there is a very good chance that one of the assistants from the Colts will be hired.

They did interview Chud. Who knows what happened. They also interviewed the ex-TE coach from Seattle.

Peace :dabears

I think you mean Perry Fewell. IMHO they have put the DC position on hold until the resolve the offense or Indy loses. I think there is a very good chance that one of the assistants from the Colts will be hired.

They did interview Chud. Who knows what happened. They also interviewed the ex-TE coach from Seattle.

Peace :dabears

Yep, I meant Fewell.

The thing is, after the press Aconference I assumed we would either see,

a) A slam dunk candidate hired immediately, like Fewell or possibly Bates, or

B) A continuous revolving door of potential candidates being interviewed.

It's concerning that we don't appear to know who we want and we're not making much of an effort to find that guy. I don't get it.

Chud was the one candidate I was hoping for because he seems like someone who could be a fixture as the OC with or without a new HC after next year.

Chud and Al Saunders are the two best candidates, IMO, and not surprisingly, we're not gonna get/go after either.

Has anyone else heard any more details? The report was very vague, only stating a source close to the situation said it isn't going to happen. No mention if its the Bears or Chud who isn't interested.

On the Bears side, its possible that Chud gave numbers, either in length of contract or dollars, the team didn't like, or maybe they didn't like his plans on offense.

On Chud's side, I think the issues w/ the Bears are obvious, but most of those issues were known prior to his agreeing to the interveiw, so I wonder if something changed.

Just curious if anyone in Chicago has heard anything more specific.

Has anyone else heard any more details? The report was very vague, only stating a source close to the situation said it isn't going to happen. No mention if its the Bears or Chud who isn't interested.

On the Bears side, its possible that Chud gave numbers, either in length of contract or dollars, the team didn't like, or maybe they didn't like his plans on offense.

On Chud's side, I think the issues w/ the Bears are obvious, but most of those issues were known prior to his agreeing to the interveiw, so I wonder if something changed.

Just curious if anyone in Chicago has heard anything more specific.

It sounds as if Chud just wasn't interested. He heard bad things about those running the organization from Turner/Rivera and because of it the Bears weren't able to entice him. I think the other point that hurt the Bears was the fact that Chud would have a hard time becoming the HC.

If he rebuilt the offense, Lovie stays, if he didn't, he was gone.

Maybe, but why go through the charade at all then? If your associates have bad mouthed the team, and you don't intend to take the job, why even bother flying to Chicago for the interview. As others have done, he could have simply said he wasn't interested.

I am not sure, as some have thought, that he was looking for contract language regarding his being elevated to HC. Frankly, that is just too rare. I do wonder though if he didn't let the team know that he was willing to leave SD, but would be looking for a 4 year deal, or something along those lines. Or Maybe the team simply said they were looking at a 2 year deal, which prompted him to say, "thanks for wasting my time".

I would really have preferred it if there was never an interview. Really liked the idea of getting Chud.

At this point, I am near the point of saying screw up. Hire Martz and promote Marinelli (or Babich if Marinelli won't do it). I don't think I am going to be very excited about whoever we finally hire. At least this way, we all but ensure we will have a total overhaul after this season.

It sounds as if Chud just wasn't interested. He heard bad things about those running the organization from Turner/Rivera and because of it the Bears weren't able to entice him. I think the other point that hurt the Bears was the fact that Chud would have a hard time becoming the HC.

If he rebuilt the offense, Lovie stays, if he didn't, he was gone.

Maybe, but why go through the charade at all then? If your associates have bad mouthed the team, and you don't intend to take the job, why even bother flying to Chicago for the interview. As others have done, he could have simply said he wasn't interested.

I am not sure, as some have thought, that he was looking for contract language regarding his being elevated to HC. Frankly, that is just too rare. I do wonder though if he didn't let the team know that he was willing to leave SD, but would be looking for a 4 year deal, or something along those lines. Or Maybe the team simply said they were looking at a 2 year deal, which prompted him to say, "thanks for wasting my time".

I would really have preferred it if there was never an interview. Really liked the idea of getting Chud.

At this point, I am near the point of saying screw up. Hire Martz and promote Marinelli (or Babich if Marinelli won't do it). I don't think I am going to be very excited about whoever we finally hire. At least this way, we all but ensure we will have a total overhaul after this season.

Dickerson is saying that Chud essentially bombed the interview

Quote:Did the Bears miss out on Chudzinski?

January, 24, 2010

By JEFF DICKERSON

CHICAGO -- Rob Chudzinski is good enough for Norv Turner, Cam Cameron and Marty Schottenheimer.

But he's not good enough for the Chicago Bears?

Believe it or not, there was some speculation Sunday that Chudzinski failed to "blow away" the Bears during his interview, and that fact, coupled with San Diego's desire to bring him back, squashed any chance of the coach landing in Chicago.

Let's start by saying you can't blame Chudzinski if he decided to take a pass on the Bears job. How could you? He's already got a solid gig with the Chargers, and since Turner just signed an extension, the security factor is certainly in Chudzinski's favor if he opts to return to San Diego.

Or maybe he's eyeing a better position in the NFL. Again, no argument here. Although the Bears have gone to great lengths to say otherwise, it's pretty obvious Chicago is not viewed as a premiere destination by the rest of the coaching community.

But this is all beside the point.

What's fascinating is this idea the Bears weren't impressed by Chudzinski.

Just read that myself. The article goes on to really question the team though.

First, it questions what the Bears may not have liked of a guy highly respected by some highly respected offensive minds. Then it goes on to question whether the Bear have a clue when it comes to offense. Lovie and Angelo are both defensive backgrounded guys. Question whether the Bears even know what it is they are looking for on offense.

As the article says, Chud may have bombed the interview, but how much do we trust this group running the interviews, especially when it comes to the offensive side of the ball?

Dickerson is saying that Chud essentially bombed the interview

Just read that myself. The article goes on to really question the team though.

First, it questions what the Bears may not have liked of a guy highly respected by some highly respected offensive minds. Then it goes on to question whether the Bear have a clue when it comes to offense. Lovie and Angelo are both defensive backgrounded guys. Question whether the Bears even know what it is they are looking for on offense.

As the article says, Chud may have bombed the interview, but how much do we trust this group running the interviews, especially when it comes to the offensive side of the ball?

Ya, it brought up the offensive question-marks as well, but if we wonder why he isn't coming it is because our hired guns didn't think he was worthy.

Whether they are the proper people to judge offensive talent, thats a whole other story, imo. The Bears might have asked him questions and he might not have been prepared though (ie, not up to par with the Bears personell, etc).

If I were to interview, I'd study the hell out of the team and come to them with suggestions during the interview. Chud may have he may not have, I don't know, but it sounds like he wasn't super impressive.

Still, I would have hired him based upon his resume, but again, I don't know what he said in the interview. I also read that the Bears want to interview through guys a 1st time and than once they've identified a few candidates they will go back and do a 2nd round with them.

Basically they are taking it slow because there aren't any slam dunk candidates out there (ie, Linehan/Mularkey's).

Have you ever interviewd for a job you didn't really want? I know I have. It's good practice for when you have one you really want. As much as you need to go in with a positive attitude, reality can strike and you can exude indifference. Not good form, but it happens.

I think that is a legit possibility of what went down. So, yes, the Bears may not have been impressed, but in reality, he may not have wanted the job.

Yes, they are taking their time because no one wants the job. There are great candidates out there. But they are too good to want to work with a lame duck.

Ya, it brought up the offensive question-marks as well, but if we wonder why he isn't coming it is because our hired guns didn't think he was worthy.

Whether they are the proper people to judge offensive talent, thats a whole other story, imo. The Bears might have asked him questions and he might not have been prepared though (ie, not up to par with the Bears personell, etc).

If I were to interview, I'd study the hell out of the team and come to them with suggestions during the interview. Chud may have he may not have, I don't know, but it sounds like he wasn't super impressive.

Still, I would have hired him based upon his resume, but again, I don't know what he said in the interview. I also read that the Bears want to interview through guys a 1st time and than once they've identified a few candidates they will go back and do a 2nd round with them.

Basically they are taking it slow because there aren't any slam dunk candidates out there (ie, Linehan/Mularkey's).