Hmmm

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/...ck/Default.aspx

Report: Asking price for Boldin is a third-round pick

Mar

3/3/2010 9:13:04 PM | More

Michael Lombardi of NFL Network reports he heard the asking price for Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin is a third-round pick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/...ck/Default.aspx

Report: Asking price for Boldin is a third-round pick

Mar

3/3/2010 9:13:04 PM | More

Michael Lombardi of NFL Network reports he heard the asking price for Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin is a third-round pick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like a deal to me. Since Olsen is so dis-enamoured with being in Chicago now that Martz is there, maybe they (AZ) would consider a straight up swap out. I don't like losing Olsen as much as the next guy but he is starting to sound like the "me-first" type that NFLingo is trying to convince me TJ is.

Guest TerraTor
Sounds like a deal to me. Since Olsen is so dis-enamoured with being in Chicago now that Martz is there, maybe they (AZ) would consider a straight up swap out. I don't like losing Olsen as much as the next guy but he is starting to sound like the "me-first" type that NFLingo is trying to convince me TJ is.

I have a feeling he said nothing. Why would want to leave. His new Best Friend is the QB. But anyway, why bother trading Olsen when its just a 3rd RD pick?

Why would you trade Olsen for Boldin? Olsen's 5 years younger, faster, and doesn't have Boldin's injury problems. Boldin will be 30 in October...how many good seasons can he possibly have left?

Even if he can keep up his current level of play, he's benefited tremendously in the past couple of season from the amount of attention that opposing defenses have to focus on Larry Fitzgerald. There's no telling whether Boldin could put up a 1,000-yard season with teams doubling, bracketing, or shadowing him every game. He was the focus of the Cards' offense in 2003, but he hasn't been ever since.

Also, if you don't want a me-first player, why are you suggesting we bring in a guy who's spent the past two seasons clamoring for a trade, complaining that he doesn't get paid enough, and literally shouting at his coaches for playing time? Boldin's made his dissatisfaction with the team extremely public, whereas the thing with Olsen looks like it was primarily orchestrated by Drew Rosenhaus.

Guest TerraTor
Why would you trade Olsen for Boldin? Olsen's 5 years younger, faster, and doesn't have Boldin's injury problems. Boldin will be 30 in October...how many good seasons can he possibly have left?

Even if he can keep up his current level of play, he's benefited tremendously in the past couple of season from the amount of attention that opposing defenses have to focus on Larry Fitzgerald. There's no telling whether Boldin could put up a 1,000-yard season with teams doubling, bracketing, or shadowing him every game. He was the focus of the Cards' offense in 2003, but he hasn't been ever since.

Also, if you don't want a me-first player, why are you suggesting we bring in a guy who's spent the past two seasons clamoring for a trade, complaining that he doesn't get paid enough, and literally shouting at his coaches for playing time? Boldin's made his dissatisfaction with the team extremely public, whereas the thing with Olsen looks like it was primarily orchestrated by Drew Rosenhaus.

i woulndt trade Olsen either, but far as Boldin goes, he did that well before Larry Fitz came to town and with total shit QB play. Personally outside of the acrobatic catches and all, Boldin is on Fitz's level

i woulndt trade Olsen either, but far as Boldin goes, he did that well before Larry Fitz came to town and with total shit QB play. Personally outside of the acrobatic catches and all, Boldin is on Fitz's level

My point, though is that it was only for one year: Boldin was drafted in 2003, and Fitz in 2004. I'm not comfortable valuing a player based on what he did in 2003, and everything he's done since has been with Fitz to draw defenders away. He's probably the league's best #2 receiver, but I think there's no telling whether he could handle the increased attention from defenses if somebody were to make him their #1.

My point, though is that it was only for one year: Boldin was drafted in 2003, and Fitz in 2004. I'm not comfortable valuing a player based on what he did in 2003, and everything he's done since has been with Fitz to draw defenders away. He's probably the league's best #2 receiver, but I think there's no telling whether he could handle the increased attention from defenses if somebody were to make him their #1.

Everything he's done since is not too shabby, even with a shortened 2008 season. As far as making the catches, he has proven that he can do it; down the sideline, over the middle whatever. I don't think "getting more" attention would diminish his ability as it stands now. Especially when opponents have players like Aromashadu and Knox lining up on the field. Too many people to cover of varying talents.

Guest TerraTor
Everything he's done since is not too shabby, even with a shortened 2008 season. As far as making the catches, he has proven that he can do it; down the sideline, over the middle whatever. I don't think "getting more" attention would diminish his ability as it stands now. Especially when opponents have players like Aromashadu and Knox lining up on the field. Too many people to cover of varying talents.

Good point, I always thought Boldin was a stud. I thinkd he be a 90catch 1200yd guy whatever situation hed be in

Guest TerraTor
That statement goes way beyond smoking. I'm not sure what it takes to be that enamored with all the drag routes Boldin runs but I'm pretty sure it requires a chemist to make it.

I guess its easy to go for 100catches and 1000yards every season.

You are saying we should pay Boldin $9mil/yr (that's what he wants) and give up a very good player who still has upside for him? That will make our team better? Boldin can't run away from anyone but he can still break tackles with his strength. Once again I will state that while I love the way he plays the game he has only had ONE FULL SEASON in this league. He has missed the majority of the last two playoff seasons due to injury. At some point for $9mil/yr you would like to have the guy working for you late in the year. He's just not worth trading for. If he was a FA that might be worth discussing but he's still not worth the $9mil/yr he wants.

Boldin is a beast. Wow, Bears fans are smoking if they think he wouldn't be anything without Fitzgerald. Maybe Fitzgerald wouldn't be anything without Boldin. The guy goes over the middle, has defenders bounce off of him like he's Jerome Bettis in his prime. He's too damn good.

Guest TerraTor
You are saying we should pay Boldin $9mil/yr (that's what he wants) and give up a very good player who still has upside for him? That will make our team better? Boldin can't run away from anyone but he can still break tackles with his strength. Once again I will state that while I love the way he plays the game he has only had ONE FULL SEASON in this league. He has missed the majority of the last two playoff seasons due to injury. At some point for $9mil/yr you would like to have the guy working for you late in the year. He's just not worth trading for. If he was a FA that might be worth discussing but he's still not worth the $9mil/yr he wants.

I totally dont want to trade Olsen

Would I like to have Boldin? Yes.

Do I think the Bears should give up a 3rd rounder for him when there are so many holes on the team? No.

Do I think the Bears should trade Olsen for Boldin, giving up a first round talent at TE for a WR who is about to be on the back end of his career (who would also want to get paid some serious jack)? No.

Pass on Boldin unless he can be had in FA for a decent price (which I doubt).