Rolle sitrep

Alaskan Grizzly

I dont know man, I think he is overrated. I'd rather have the Rams guy.

Atogwe would probably be a nice pickup too, especially given the monetary factor. But if for nothing else the fact the Bears are working on securing higher caliber FA's is in itself, encouraging. Guess things will be interesting this time tomorrow.

Guest TerraTor
I dont know man, I think he is overrated. I'd rather have the Rams guy.

I think as long as we couple this with a Premier Pass rush we will be successful

This would be huge as it would allow the Bears to make an impact signing before FA begins. That means they can hit big early (prior to later this evening) before throwing all of there attention at Peppers.

If they land those two, I expect them to be a bit more quiet and re-asses the landscape before jumping after a TE (if they choose to move Olsen) and there backup RB.

Guest TerraTor
Wow. So much for the Bears being cheap. Omg if they can sign Peppers and Rolle we would be in GREAT shape! I hope this happens

What pisses me off a bit is these guys(staff) didnt start working until their backs were literally against the wall and their jobs were on the line...

I think as long as we couple this with a Premier Pass rush we will be successful

Thanks for making my point. If Rolle is that great as a FS he wouldn't have to have a premier pass rush in front of him. He's better than what we have but I don't even think he's worth the $6mil/yr the Cards offered him.

Thanks for making my point. If Rolle is that great as a FS he wouldn't have to have a premier pass rush in front of him. He's better than what we have but I don't even think he's worth the $6mil/yr the Cards offered him.

i Hear ya man, Rolle is great at taking mistakes to the house, which inflates his value. I dont think he has the speed to be what we need. In fact, I think it is exactly like moving Tillman to FS.

I'm just afraid we are going to spend big on Peppers and Rolle and Peppers is going to stop playing and Rolle will get torched.

I am in the camp of Kampman and Atogwe

Guest TerraTor

Come up with somethin else. I meant a successful Free Agency/offseason

It depends on how you view it. The fact we're chasing Rolle makes me think we're out of the running for Peppers. I just don't see us getting both.

Wow the Bears are major players in FA??? How the hell has this happened?

I think 12 hours from now Peppers will have signed an Albert Haynesworth type deal and not with the Bears. That's dissappointing but okay.

I'm rambling . . . love the speculation.

Guest TerraTor
It depends on how you view it. The fact we're chasing Rolle makes me think we're out of the running for Peppers. I just don't see us getting both.

Wow the Bears are major players in FA??? How the hell has this happened?

I think 12 hours from now Peppers will have signed an Albert Haynesworth type deal and not with the Bears. That's dissappointing but okay.

I'm rambling . . . love the speculation.

Its nice to at least be part of it ya know... :headbang

Wasn't Rolle originally a cornerback? I forget the reason he was moved to safety. Was it because he was bad in coverage or just because he was slower than you want a CB to be?

Both. He got moved because he was terrible at corner and the Cardinals tried one last effort to get some value out of a first round draft pick.

Guest TerraTor
Bad news. According to his blog, one of the things Rolle is looking for in his next team is "teams that have a good reputation as far as how the organization is run."

That probably takes us out of the running . . . :rolleyes:

http://www.rolle21.com/blog.html

haha. well thatd be true.. however we tend to give our players a ton of money and then they suck

Prediction: Rosenass will declare that negotiations are off and he will never sign with the Bears . . . until 2 weeks from now when Rosenass reopens negotiations with the Bears. This is Rosenass we're talking about.

That being said, we've had much better luck with Rosenass then Eugene Parker.

Rolle expected to visit Giants

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 4, 2010 11:17 PM ET

Antrel Rolle got a head start on free agency and is taking full advantage.

The latest: Rolle is expected to visit with the Giants Friday morning, assuming he doesn't sign a contract before then. Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel writes that Rolle was offered a five-year contract by the Dolphins.

Chris Mortensen is hearing that the Rolle sweepstakes will come down to the Giants and Dolphins. (Even though the Bears were negotiating first.)

Soon-to-be former Cardinals teammate Darnell Dockett has an idea what's going to happen.

"I just talked to Antrell Rolle!! And I already know what's about to happen, mann I'm speechless I'm going to Bed. I'm done with twitter BYE!"

Clearly, OCNN has a lot to teach Dockett about scoopage.

Great. So we aren't going to end up with either. Somehow I knew this would happen. God Damn it!