Offseason Boredom?

LT2_3

I realize that it may seem waaaaaaaaaay early for this, but Yahoo has opened Fantasy Football 2010 for entrance.

I'm wondering if people are interested in joining yet. It might just give us another time waster of football related things to talk about.

I've already renewed the league Talkbears 2 and set a draft time of Sept 5th at 8:00pm. Draft invites have been sent to all of last year's teams.

I'm looking forward to seeing where the Bears WRs are ranked.

Any thoughts?

I don't think DA is ranked highest, and definitely not around 30. Maybe in the final rankings that come out after camp, if DA does in fact win the #1 job, then maybe, but early on?

Honestly, think about this. 32 teams, many of which are going to have 2 WRs ranked ahead of the Bears. Hell, I would not be shocked if a couple teams have 3 WRs ranked ahead of the 1st bear. A couple teams may be worse off, but how many? Understand, I actually like our WR situation, but in terms of proven ability, we are not going to rank high. At this point, it is not eve known who our starting two will be, or how the rest will be worked in.

Unless DA blows up in camp, I think Hester will be the top ranked WR, especially in leagues that credit special teams play.

Aromashodu will be ranked the highest, and he'll be somewhere around 30th.

Then Hester around 40th.

The others will be free agent pickups.

I don't think DA is ranked highest, and definitely not around 30. Maybe in the final rankings that come out after camp, if DA does in fact win the #1 job, then maybe, but early on?

Honestly, think about this. 32 teams, many of which are going to have 2 WRs ranked ahead of the Bears. Hell, I would not be shocked if a couple teams have 3 WRs ranked ahead of the 1st bear. A couple teams may be worse off, but how many? Understand, I actually like our WR situation, but in terms of proven ability, we are not going to rank high. At this point, it is not eve known who our starting two will be, or how the rest will be worked in.

Unless DA blows up in camp, I think Hester will be the top ranked WR, especially in leagues that credit special teams play.

You could be right, but if DA comes out minicamp as the clear cut #1, combining his surge at the end of last season will have many salivating for a "sleeper."

You could be right, but if DA comes out minicamp as the clear cut #1, combining his surge at the end of last season will have many salivating for a "sleeper."

As a very casual fantasy player I would say the Bears lack of an OL wwould make any of their WR a low priority until the later rounds. We will see how it pans out, but my gut says Bears WR's won't be so popular, at least in any early draft leagues. Preseason may change that for later drafts if our Offense shows anything.

I bascially agree. Some may latch onto the hype, but I think smart money doesn't draft much Bears O. I only see Cutler as a true potential for something big. Olsen should give about the same as last year, and he was a bust compared to the hype relaating to other TE's in the league. Forte and Taylor will steal touches from one another, and I think the WR will be the flavor of the month. I don't expect any true stand out. I figure Cutler will deliver the pilll to everyone. Including some defenders...

As a very casual fantasy player I would say the Bears lack of an OL wwould make any of their WR a low priority until the later rounds. We will see how it pans out, but my gut says Bears WR's won't be so popular, at least in any early draft leagues. Preseason may change that for later drafts if our Offense shows anything.

I would agree with the "sleeper" term, but I am not sure I would call a top 30 WR a sleeper necessarily. To me, a sleeper is more a player you are targetting later in the draft, and the 30 WR is usually long gone by the time you are talking about sleeper WRs.

I tend to agree with Mad. Cutler may be a QB to consider, though a dangerous one. Olsen will likely be a top 10 TE, but after failing to live up to the hype last year, and with the uncertantity of system fit, he will not be drafted as high this year as last. After the year Forte had, and w/ the addition of Taylor, I don't see Forte going very high. So after Cutler and Olsen, I am not sure any Bears offensive players will go until later in the draft. Of course, in our leagues filled w/ Bear fans, they will go higher than in most :)

So true!

I play in a league with 3 of 12 owners being Bears fans...so there's 1/4 of the folks making a Bears reach every now and then! I know I reached for olsen last year, one guys reached for Cutler, and the other took Hester as a slight reach. Others took Gould and the Bears D at legit spots I thihnk.

Of course, in our leagues filled w/ Bear fans, they will go higher than in most :)

I realize that it may seem waaaaaaaaaay early for this, but Yahoo has opened Fantasy Football 2010 for entrance.

I'm wondering if people are interested in joining yet. It might just give us another time waster of football related things to talk about.

I've already renewed the league Talkbears 2 and set a draft time of Sept 5th at 8:00pm. Draft invites have been sent to all of last year's teams.

I'm looking forward to seeing where the Bears WRs are ranked.

Any thoughts?

I'm in LT! Even though last year I embarrassed myself with a 6th place finish.

I bought a draft guide. (nothing better then reading by the pool . . . ) Fox Sports for $4.99. Not bad.

Is anyone doing a money league? Which reminds me I still owe someone for last year's money league from Talkbears keeper 1. I bitched and moaned about who do I pay, and then when they finally told me, I completely forgot . . . I'll tack on some interest to whatever I owe.

With $$$ leagues my only request is:

1. Rules & payouts be established in advance

2. Everyone pays before the draft (so assholes like me can't put it of . . . )