Got back from training camp

bradjock

With no pads, it's damn near impossible to grade the lines & defense since they went through the motions. Here's my thoughts on QB's, WR's, and the TE's:

1. The radio guys talked about the all great catches but the secondary was avoiding contact. If you hear the media say, "He made a dazzling one-handed grab" there was typically a safety boring down on the receiver. In live action there'd have been no catch. Our QB's completed like 50 consecutive passes.

2. DA was constantly targeted by Cutler. He made some nice catches where he had to adjust his body and he'd go up and get it. He looks like Andre the Giant next to our other WR's cause they're so short. He's the #1.

3. Hester looked pretty damn impressive. Knox not so much. On seperate occasions I observed him run a wrong route, fall down, and have a drop. He's so small I don't see how you can count on him every down.

4. Our TE's were targeted heavily. Greg Olsen looked very impressive but he ALWAYS looks impressive in TC. We targeted Manu which is funny as hell. He looks like a DT trying to run. There's no way in hell we look his way much.

5. During full team drills, Cutler and Hanie took all the reps. Didn't see Lefevor much.

6. Bennett, Iglesias, and Davis all got a lot of work, but I didn't think any of the 3 distinguished themselves. Freddy Barnes looks really slow.

7. Taylor looks quicker and more explosive then Forte. I Forte still looks a step slower then he did his rookie year. It seemed like Bell got a lot of work. Wolfe looked explosive as usual. Unga wasn't used.

Thanks to a buddy I got a Chase VIP pass. Here's a few things on that:

1. I got to meet Brian McKaskey. He seemed cool as hell and told stories out his grandfather, his Mom, and Ditka.

2. Thanks to the VIP seating I was around all the media guys. Jeff Joniak sounds amazing just when he's talking on the phone to somebody.

3. I got Corey Whooton and Craig Steltz's autograph. Whooton looks like he needs to hit the weights and Steltz needs a haircut :)

Fantastic! Thanks for the updates. I look forward to the guys from the forum giving these type of reports. Much more valuable than the stuff the so called experts put out, especially when they are on the Bears pay roll.

Granted there was no contact but for our new offense to complete that many passes is still a good thing IMO. I was expecting all sorts of wrong routes and missed timing on the throws but it seems the QBs and WRs got in sync pretty quickly.