Lions @ Bears, 9/12/10 game thread

balta1701-A

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought thats a great feature to have him on call during a game. I love that new rule lol. We just dodged a HUGEEEEEE bullett

I hate it! We all know that he beat the coverage, got the ball and then a weird rule lucks us a win. This is gonna be a long, sack-filled season.

I dunno, that seemed like Johnson half spiked the ball and half lost control of it on the spike.

It's a stupid rule. Especially when you consider the fact that if a player reaches the ball across the goaline, it's a touchdown no matter if the ball pops out after it hits the ground. I don't know how this play is any different. Johnson was robbed, I don't feel one bit of good about this victory. Offense was hideously bad and the defense was great up until the final drive.

It's a stupid rule. Especially when you consider the fact that if a player reaches the ball across the goaline, it's a touchdown no matter if the ball pops out after it hits the ground. I don't know how this play is any different. Johnson was robbed, I don't feel one bit of good about this victory. Offense was hideously bad and the defense was great up until the final drive.

I wouldn't describe the offense as "Hideously bad" at all.

I'd say the offense did a hideous job of holding on to the ball. Outside of that, they moved the ball effectively the whole game.

I wouldn't describe the offense as "Hideously bad" at all.

I'd say the offense did a hideous job of holding on to the ball. Outside of that, they moved the ball effectively the whole game.

Exactly, great point. Cutler threw for 372 yds and would have been over 400 yards if DA didn't drop the perfectly placed ball in the end zone. I think I counted DA with 4 drops, not sure what the NFL count is cuz its not up yet, but then you consider the fumbles by Olsen and Forte when we are driving. The Oline wasn't great but they weren't horrible either. Detroit had 4 sacks, which isn't good however that means the oline performed better than they did in the preseason. Oline did allow Cutler some time 2 throw. By no means were they great but they did perform better than they did in the preseason which is a step in the right direction. The next 2 weeks will be tough ones though and the Oline must do better.