Fun!

madlithuanian

Yesterday was a fun win unlike last week! It looked dismal at the start and I thought it'd be a long day ending with Cutler leaving on a stretcher. Then, Martz the Mad Scientist, went to work and adjusted immediately! A real OC! Then we rode it all the way to victory! A few observations...

1. Cutler looks like the franchise guy we all wanted. It's only 2 games, but those are the games we've got. So far so VERY good! Next week on MNF (where we historically lay eggs with extreme predjudice) will be a true test...

2. Martz and Tice made beautiful in game adjustments. Big boy play calling. I'm not one to give Smith credit, but I will. He appeared to get out of the way and let these offensive minds do their jobs.

3. The linebacking crew is stupid good! Url and Briggs are playing like maniacs! And Piso made some great plays too! Life is good when Bears linebackers are kicking ass!

4. The D line was fair. I thought they'd get more in Romo's dish. They did well enough, but not great. However, Peppers always looked to be in on plays and was just inches from making big plays. Harris, on the other hand, is a complete waste of space. Also, Anderson spins more than a ballet dancer and was just as useful as one. It's time to have Peppers, Big Toe, Adams, and Izzy as the starters.

5. Moore totally reminded me of Vasher. Great nickel guy!

6. Peanut needs long cleats...and a cold one for his epic stripping! ;)

7. Our D plan is suspect. We gave up FAR too many 3rd and longs yet again. We need to fix this or GB and a few others will destroy us.

Good win! Fun win!

I suspect we won't beat Green Bay, but I believe we'll be in the game and it'll be close.

However Maybe we could add this.

1. The Bears totaly took away the running game from the cowboys. Made them one demensional. THis is 2 weeks in row that the D held rushing below 50 yards. But we dont hear anything about that. After rewatching the game last night, It was appearant that the D plan was to stop the run and they did that.

2. Chesterr taylor needs to be on the field more. Change up stuff, Make it difficult to determine pakages with personal.

3. Chris harris and Wright need to be safeties. Both laywood and have good ball skills. Manning i not a safety.

4 Activate Harrison and let T harris sit a game. I feel Adams, Big Toe, Harrison will be better then any line with Harris in it.

I'm just not sure how people (no offense to you, Mad) can say we can't beat Green Bay. They beat Philly by 7, who beat Detroit by 3. Chicago beat Detroit by 5. Plus, this is a home game for the Bears as well, and I'm thinking the team got the "night game" monkey off their backs after they beat Minnesota at the end of the year last year when all the Vikings needed was a win against a 5 win Bears team and then they'd have home field. If they can get pressure on Rodgers (which is my #1 key for the game), I'm thinking the Bears will be 3-0 around 10:45 CT on Monday.

I'd tend to agree...

4. I'm not sold on, but have no problem trying it. Harris is useless.

However Maybe we could add this.

1. The Bears totaly took away the running game from the cowboys. Made them one demensional. THis is 2 weeks in row that the D held rushing below 50 yards. But we dont hear anything about that. After rewatching the game last night, It was appearant that the D plan was to stop the run and they did that.

2. Chesterr taylor needs to be on the field more. Change up stuff, Make it difficult to determine pakages with personal.

3. Chris harris and Wright need to be safeties. Both laywood and have good ball skills. Manning i not a safety.

4 Activate Harrison and let T harris sit a game. I feel Adams, Big Toe, Harrison will be better then any line with Harris in it.

No offense in the least! I didn't say we couldn't win, I just don't think we will win. It's do or die with a bonafide playoff calibur team. I wouldn't follow the slippery slope of who beat who before. After all, the Ravens beat the Jets who beat NE who beat Cincy who beat the Ravens...

I believe we will compete, and with that, there is a possibility of a win. I just think Rodgers will carve us up on 3rd downs, which is where we continue to struggle.

But...we have seemed to KO a major player on the opposite team each week. Last week is was Stafford, this week it was Witten. Who will it be Monday? If we KO Rodgers...that severely impacts a whole lot!

I'm just not sure how people (no offense to you, Mad) can say we can't beat Green Bay. They beat Philly by 7, who beat Detroit by 3. Chicago beat Detroit by 5. Plus, this is a home game for the Bears as well, and I'm thinking the team got the "night game" monkey off their backs after they beat Minnesota at the end of the year last year when all the Vikings needed was a win against a 5 win Bears team and then they'd have home field. If they can get pressure on Rodgers (which is my #1 key for the game), I'm thinking the Bears will be 3-0 around 10:45 CT on Monday.

The LB corps are fantastic! I think the Colvin/Holdman/Url years were quite excellent, and I'm at minimum seeing that. I'm not quite ready to say they're up with Samurai, Wilbur and Mama's Boy Otis!

Bring the pain!

All I know Mad is the Bears are laying wood on D. I have not hitting and aggressive play like this since Singletary was in the LB area. Its almost like Url , C Harris, Big Toe and many others have gotten the Butkus attitude. Maybe the Monsters are back.

The LB corps are fantastic! I think the Colvin/Holdman/Url years were quite excellent, and I'm at minimum seeing that. I'm not quite ready to say they're up with Samurai, Wilbur and Mama's Boy Otis!

Bring the pain!

I think it really helps, when we don't go 3 and out so much. It really hurt us in the past when our D would sit down and try to rest, only to have to get right back up and play, because of the lack of offense production.

Hey Madlith, regarding that 16 step recovery process. 2 down, 14 to go.

Things looked good on most counts. Dallas is a team experiencing very similar faults; shaky OL, questionable or unsettled secondary and inexperienced WR's. The defining difference for sure is Jay Cutler vs Romo. No comparison. Romo is hype, Cutler is the real deal.

As far as playing GB. The game will hinge most definitely on GBs passing game and Matthews attempting to raise his sack #s. Rodgers has a propensity to hold the ball too long which will result in sacks and turnovers. And Cutler is mobile enough that he should be able move and adapt to the rush of GB. With he and Martz adjusting to the game tempo, as they did in Dallas, I like you have reserved confidence but feel a win is in the making. Heck it's at Soldier Field, it has to be.

So far, the process seems to be working!

I liked what I saw, and just hope we see more of it.

Rodgers can also pick apart our shaky secondary. Especially if we keep giving up 3rd and longs. That really has me worried.

If it weren't on Monday Night, I'd feel a little better. Our history on Mondays is just plain lousy. Check it, we have the 4th worst record in MNF history...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Night_..._team_standings

We did win the last one, so maybe our luck has turned....

Hey Madlith, regarding that 16 step recovery process. 2 down, 14 to go.

Things looked good on most counts. Dallas is a team experiencing very similar faults; shaky OL, questionable or unsettled secondary and inexperienced WR's. The defining difference for sure is Jay Cutler vs Romo. No comparison. Romo is hype, Cutler is the real deal.

As far as playing GB. The game will hinge most definitely on GBs passing game and Matthews attempting to raise his sack #s. Rodgers has a propensity to hold the ball too long which will result in sacks and turnovers. And Cutler is mobile enough that he should be able move and adapt to the rush of GB. With he and Martz adjusting to the game tempo, as they did in Dallas, I like you have reserved confidence but feel a win is in the making. Heck it's at Soldier Field, it has to be.

So far, the process seems to be working!

I liked what I saw, and just hope we see more of it.

Rodgers can also pick apart our shaky secondary. Especially if we keep giving up 3rd and longs. That really has me worried.

If it weren't on Monday Night, I'd feel a little better. Our history on Mondays is just plain lousy. Check it, we have the 4th worst record in MNF history...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Night_..._team_standings

We did win the last one, so maybe our luck has turned....

Agreed about MNF. I get to watch, but rarely have I come away satisfied with the team's performance. Hope Martz and company can give me a ne appreciation for the time slot.

I'll just make it real short and sweet. The biggest difference makers so far this season have been our linebackers being healthy (Pisa and Urlacher), Julius Peppers, and Mike Martz. He's made our offense a lot more respectable than they have been since our 06 Superbowl run when we had a great tandem at RB and we had a great play action game with Grossman and Berrian. But this offense has twice the potential that that offense had, given we have Cutler and a much better play caller in Martz.

Bring the pain!

OH NO, YOU DID NOT SAY THAT!!!!!!!

The current group is a different sort, more athletic runner types overall, and are quite good. But they do not lay the wood anything like the classic old lineup of 55, 58, and 50. No way.

I didn't! Grizz did! I was more willing to compare to Url/Colvin/Holdman! :P

The current group is a different sort, more athletic runner types overall, and are quite good. But they do not lay the wood anything like the classic old lineup of 55, 58, and 50. No way.

Singletary, Wilson, Wilbur > Briggs, Urlacher, Pisa > Urlacher, Holdman, Colvin

That is all.

I agree with ranking Singletary and company first, but I think the jury is still out on who comes second....Holdman and Colvin were a very solid duo with Url.

That being said, neither group is close to Singletary, Wilson, and Marshall. That was an all-time greatest type group that was together for several years, won a Super Bowl, multiple All-Pro's, etc...

...and let's not forget Butkus and Buffone. I can't recall a 3rd in the mix, but that was a while back.

I agree with ranking Singletary and company first, but I think the jury is still out on who comes second....Holdman and Colvin were a very solid duo with Url.

That being said, neither group is close to Singletary, Wilson, and Marshall. That was an all-time greatest type group that was together for several years, won a Super Bowl, multiple All-Pro's, etc...

What I said better read again, I never said they were there, I siad reminds me of the days. Reminding and being there are 2 different things.