This year is kiling me

'TD'

The Bears are tied for best record in the NFC and a half a game back over all. Yet, it feels like they are the 0-16 detriot lions from a couple years back, exceot feeling like next year will be the same coaches and front office. It just don't feel like leading the league and makes me sick looking forward to next year.

The Bears are tied for best record in the NFC and a half a game back over all. Yet, it feels like they are the 0-16 detriot lions from a couple years back, exceot feeling like next year will be the same coaches and front office. It just don't feel like leading the league and makes me sick looking forward to next year.

Careful what you wish for. May not be 2012 before you see these Bears play again. In the meantime get a grip and enjoy 2010. It's only a quarter of the way through.

I understand...

We usually battle the uphill battle. Agasint mangement, coaches, some players, and the national media... We've been doing so for many moons now. Kermit said it ain't easy being green. Nor is it easy to be a Chicago sports fan! But, it's in our blood. Damn the torpedoes!

:dabears

It was a drunken rant. It was basically me trying to say this team sucks, yet their record is near tops in the league. Seeing them play sure doesn't seem like it, and the progress towards a better team will probably not happen soon with them winning. It's very likely this will be the worst 4-1 team I have ever seen after this week. Carolina is horrible.

The only coach I feel like giving props to is Marinelli(sp.) Lovie and Bablich took turns trying to call plays the last couple years and couldn't do it, but he is doing a much better job then them.

weren't we 3-1 last year too? We played above ourselves in 3 out of 4 games at the beginning and then the wheels fell off after the bye I think. So that is why I put zero faith in this team until they prove that they can actually play a complete game. Luck doesn't last throughout an entire season unless you have Mike Brown returning everything he touches for a TD, like 2000. I hope beyond hope that they are what their record says they are, but I get the feeling that it is gonna be ugly the rest of the way because of the poor offensive line...I wonder if there were any OL better than the crap we have now when we picked Dan Bazuin, or Jarron Gilbert, or Dan LaFevour, or Gaines Adams or any of our other failed draft picks/trades...

I totally understand what you are saying TD. If anyone asked me prior to the season what I thought Da' Bears record would be after five weeks, I would have easily said that maybe 1-4 or possibly 2-3. To be 4-1 still boggles my mind. The schedule only gets more challenging as the season goes on due to lack of experience on the offensive line and the weather getting worse as the season wears on. I agree with Mad Lithuanian on this, we are Chicago sports fanatics and we are subjected to others that have the power and will suffer year in and year out with the teams and keep praying for the best. I am also one of the extra sick ones when it comes to this because I love the Cubs as well. Plus the Blackhawks (Thank you Rocky) and of course Da' Bulls.