Seahawks @ Bears Gamethread

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, oline stinks. Jay avoids the blitz again but gets taken down.

I must say, it is great having DA back in. I feel more confident now. And that pass to Bennett where Jay avoided the blitz, kept his eyes downfield and hit Bennett was a thing of beauty.

Cutler has now gotten hit 6 times by my count though and it hasn't been because he's taking deep drop backs. He's made the 1st guy miss and still is getting clocked quickly.

Man, oline stinks. Jay avoids the blitz again but gets taken down.

I must say, it is great having DA back in. I feel more confident now. And that pass to Bennett where Jay avoided the blitz, kept his eyes downfield and hit Bennett was a thing of beauty.

Cutler has now gotten hit 6 times by my count though and it hasn't been because he's taking deep drop backs. He's made the 1st guy miss and still is getting clocked quickly.

The only part I will disagree with is the drop backs, the corner blitz for the sack was a deep drop. We ran the exact same blitz and Hassleback three stepped dropped and got rid of it in plenty of time.

Martz has to adjust.

Well, you get two underthrown balls by Cutler and a crap play call on third down. Lucky to get the three after those passes.

After those three passes? The ball to DA was only catchable by DA, it wasn't a turnover looking to happen. bad pass, certainly. The pass to Knox was ill-advised and on 3rd down Jay was just throwing it away. Why Martz called for 3 straight passing plays is beyond me. Dude is showing why he hasn't been in football the past couple seasons.

Hopefully he adjusts. That said, Cutler has had some nice plays today too. He's been rusty too though, but he's made some real nice gains and big plays out of nothing and is clearly head and shoulders better than the crap we saw the past 2 weeks.

Even though we don't really have a really good running back on this team Martz needs to atleast try and force some big runs out of this offense. Even if you aren't getting huge gains, eventually you wear out the defense if you stick with it, and not only that but it also opens up the play action pass which is something we can't do now when the opponent knows your are going to pass it 80% of the time.

After those three passes? The ball to DA was only catchable by DA, it wasn't a turnover looking to happen. bad pass, certainly. The pass to Knox was ill-advised and on 3rd down Jay was just throwing it away. Why Martz called for 3 straight passing plays is beyond me. Dude is showing why he hasn't been in football the past couple seasons.

Hopefully he adjusts. That said, Cutler has had some nice plays today too. He's been rusty too though, but he's made some real nice gains and big plays out of nothing and is clearly head and shoulders better than the crap we saw the past 2 weeks.

Well, I disagree with the pass to DA. Cutler threw it to the inside which is right where the defender was. IF he leads DA he might have had a a little catch and run.

And the third was a bad call that he had to throw away.

I agree the calls need to be better, especially in the redzone.

The offensive line is still dreadful. Cutler has no time to throw as usual. Funny how whenever another team blitzes they ALWAYS get to our QB but when we do it we never get to the quarterback.. hmmm.

That's what infuriates me. The Bears RARELY get to the QB when they blitz, having all their free blitzers get picked up over and over and over. But somehow, when the other teams blitz, they get to Cutler (and previous QBs) OVER AND OVER AND OVER!

WTF?!

On D: Poor scheme.

On O: Poor scheme and shitty OL.