Seahawks @ Bears Gamethread

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see SEA doing well...they play bad on the road and don't do well off the bye.

I see the Bears w/ an early explosion, then sit on it...and let SEA back in a little. But Bears prevail.

Sadly, you're probably right, because Lovie doesn't have "go for the throat" in his personality. This game will resemble the Panthers game: Bears score early, get a safe lead, put it into neutral, cruise down the hill, hoping the hill (read: defense) gets the car to the destination.

Exactly! We tend to s*&% the bed after getting a big lead. As many say, this team doesn't know what to do with success. Last week was the time to put it in neutral, and oddly they choose to let Collinsoworthless do everything in hois power to throw the game. I begged to just give the ball to Matt and Chester...3 and out, so be it. At least the D gets more breathing room to get another turnover!

I'll be curious to what they do this week for sure with Cutler back at the helm...

It'll pretty much boil down to the O-line again...

Sadly, you're probably right, because Lovie doesn't have "go for the throat" in his personality. This game will resemble the Panthers game: Bears score early, get a safe lead, put it into neutral, cruise down the hill, hoping the hill (read: defense) gets the car to the destination.

Exactly! We tend to s*&% the bed after getting a big lead. As many say, this team doesn't know what to do with success. Last week was the time to put it in neutral, and oddly they choose to let Collinsoworthless do everything in hois power to throw the game. I begged to just give the ball to Matt and Chester...3 and out, so be it. At least the D gets more breathing room to get another turnover!

I'll be curious to what they do this week for sure with Cutler back at the helm...

It'll pretty much boil down to the O-line again...

Wait...so the first person criticized that the Bears don't know how to go for the jugular when they're up and instead put it in neutral to just win, then the second poster responded that yeah, they needed to put it in neutral last week and they didn't know how.

?

Yes.

It's context. When you have Cutler, you go for the jugular. When you have Collins, you play it conservative.

Wait...so the first person criticized that the Bears don't know how to go for the jugular when they're up and instead put it in neutral to just win, then the second poster responded that yeah, they needed to put it in neutral last week and they didn't know how.

?

Seattle is shoddy. They can't stop the passing game and play horribly on the road. This isn't a real test. It's like CAR again... We have to win this game. We are a TD favorite...so people are expecting us to handle business.

Washington next week will be the interesting game. They are a decent team, with a decent QB, decent coach, etc...

If we ever put together a complete game, and the O Line finally is just average, we could be damned good. Could this week be the first glimpse?

I don't see SEA doing well...they play bad on the road and don't do well off the bye.

I see the Bears w/ an early explosion, then sit on it...and let SEA back in a little. But Bears prevail.

I can't see how you can say the Seahawks don't do well off the bye. Whatever they've done in the past isn't that relevant since they have a new coaching staff now.

I am not all that impressed with the Seahawks personell, but they have good coaches who will have ample time to game plan versus the Bears and as a result Seattle's players should be prepared.

I think the Bears prevail but the wildcard, as always is the oline, but on paper, Bears just have so much more talent, imo.

Yes.

It's context. When you have Cutler, you go for the jugular. When you have Collins, you play it conservative.

I believe in shades of gray, but in my opinion, even with Collins you go for the jugular. I was in Charlotte, and it was readily apparent that A] the team was less aggressive, and B] Collins was horrible.

Things I'd like to see:

-Everyone involved with the defense to realize the inherent gaps in the cover-2 are easily exposed when there is no pressure on the QB.

-Everyone involved with the offense to realize the flaws of a 7-step drop when this OL is undeniably atrocious, and possibly blind.