Ogun anyone?

madlithuanian

anyone see Mark Anderson get a sack for Houston? he looked like he had his speed back. wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw that. He put a nice dip-your-shoulder move on the tackle and got to the QB in 3 seconds.

I thought wtf!!!! as well.

Guess you become less complacent when you know every game could be your last.

I saw that. He put a nice dip-your-shoulder move on the tackle and got to the QB in 3 seconds.

I thought wtf!!!! as well.

Guess you become less complacent when you know every game could be your last.

That's possible...or it could be that the defensive coaching and scheme provide the complacency. How many sacks does Peppers have again? <_>

That's possible...or it could be that the defensive coaching and scheme provide the complacency. How many sacks does Peppers have again? <_>

How many sacks does Izzy have?

But I do agree that the staff breeds complacency, which is why it was refreshing to see the accountability happen to some folks this year.

Now, if we can just Martz we will be all set.

I don't disagree, necessarily, but sacks are a terrible measure of production for a defensive lineman. Peppers has been incredibly disruptive in all but one game, and he's demanded changes in the blocking scheme in every game.

I mean, if you need more evidence that sacks are a fluky stat, here's Tommie Harris before his knee injury:

2004 - 3.5 sacks

2005 - 3 sacks

2006 - 5 sacks

...and immediately after

2007 - 8 sacks

2008 - 5 sacks

He went from averaging 3.8 sacks a year pre-injury to averaging 6.5 after, but anybody who watched him play could tell you that he wasn't nearly as effective and didn't throw offenses off like he did before. I'll be a little surprised if Peppers ends the year with less than 7-8 sacks, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he plays effectively for the whole season and doesn't break into the double digits. They didn't sign him to pile up individual stats, they signed him to make the front 4 disruptive again, and he's done that so far.