Report: Cutler Tore MCL

DABEARSDABOMB

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...r-has-mcl-tear/

Maybe all of you people calling him soft can apologize? Cutler can get bashed for a lot of things, but "soft" isn't one of them. Oh and the national sports media doesn't like to talk about how right after Cutler's "No comment" in regards to NFL players questioning his toughness, he turned around and started to cry.

I'd like to see these asswipes that are questioning the guy try throwing a football with a torn MCL in your lead knee. Try planting and throwing and see if that's NOT a detriment to your team.

The National Media is so embarassing here, as are some of these arm-chair NFL players tweeting, and of course many Bears fans!

According to some dude on Fox this morning, Kreutz has threatened to "shut down the freakin twitter". EDIT: Obviously he didn't say "freakin"

I wonder if they'd be questioning Cutler to these levels if he was an ass kissing media darling jagbag like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? I think it has more to do with his personality than anything. Rick Reilly works in mysterious ways.

Cutler played his ass off all year and was injured. I was mad when he came out but FOX did not help by showing no replays of any play that could have caused the injury. FOX shit the bed with that one.

I still haven't seen any highlights of when it could have happened, and I don't think there are any. It jsut happened somewehre in there.

I still haven't seen any highlights of when it could have happened, and I don't think there are any. It jsut happened somewehre in there.

The guys on the Score said when Cutler got hit in the endzone by Raji on an Olsen incompletion, Cutler turned away from the field and bent over and was rubbing his knee.

The guys on the Score said when Cutler got hit in the endzone by Raji on an Olsen incompletion, Cutler turned away from the field and bent over and was rubbing his knee.

I think that play was the play where he was about to go down and was jumping to throw the ball over the line to avoid the safety.

Worth noting...that play might have just been one where he really noticed it, not necessarily when it happened.

Figures that the national media would blow anyone playing the Bears, and rip on the Bears players.

Guys, I had an MCL tear just about a year ago. Of course, I had an ACL tear along with it. I was back in a little over 4 months running and what not. Keep in mind that I was incredibly driven, did the workouts, did the rehab. Also keep in mind that I did not have access to the multitude of advantages that Cutler sees on a daily basis.

What I know is this:

-With a torn MCL on the plant leg, it's pretty damn tough to do anything athletic. I'm sure his knee swelled up quite a bit post-game; I know mine did. I hurt mine snowboarding, and it sounded like a champagne bottle being uncorked. The shit is serious. I snowboarded down the rest of the mountain after my accident, and hobbled around in pain. But that was it; end of the day.

And on top of all that...even to this day, it still feels different than it once did. It still clicks more than it once did, and every once in a while there is a sharp pain.

I hope Cutler gets the apologies he deserves.

Granted, they're now saying that it's more of a sprain, a small tear, but has another starting QB been hit as many times as Cutler this season? Soft? I don't think so. Just because he wasn't on crutches or limping real bad they think he is soft.

My only problem with the guy is that he seemed to be moping. He's supposed to be a leader.

But screw all that anyway -- I'm so f'n sick of the Chicago Bears offensive woes through the years that I can't stand it. Urlacher and the D did everything they could to win that game and the lack of any offense just killed us.