Getting to know the forum better

BearsFan1974

I am a nosey bastard. I not everyone is from Chicago and was wondering what other teams in the major sports you guys like.

Me:

MLB- White Sox. I hate the Cubs

NHL- Blackhawks. Much hate for the Wings and Blues

NBA- Bulls. Still hate Pistons and Knicks.

I grew up on the north side, went to St Pat's and have a gaggle of kids. Four little crumb snatchers belong to me. Sons 15 and 8 and daughters 13 and 9.

Like I said just a little nosey.

MLB - Cubs. Odd story...My family is from the South Side (Marquette Park), but my dad was a Lithuanian immigrant and only liked basketball and soccer. So, he hated baseball and I inherited that. As I grew older, the Bears fans I knew just happened to be Cubs fans, so I just fell into it. I'm probably one of the few folks that is a Cubs fan, but like the White Sox. I was thrilled when they won. I harbor no ill will at all, but understand the rivalry. My passion is still football over all... Nothing is even remotely close w/ an exception of the Jordan years Bulls. I hate the Red Sox. Too many bandwagoners came out of the woodworks when they finally won it here in LA...

NHL - Blackhawks, but a soft spot in my heart for the LA Kings. Due to living in LA for most my life, seeing Gretzky play in person many times, and my wife being a big fan, I like the Kings except when they play the Hawks! No real hate for any other hockey team...

NBA - Bulls! My dad loved basketball early on, and I fell right into it. Jordan helped tremendously! Since then, I've not been as close of a follower...but since Rose's arrival, I've been far more into it. I'm sick of the Lakers living in LA...but loved them when they fought the Pistons. I hated the Knicks, but no longer care. I hate Miami now.

My family's from Marqette Park, but I grew up in So Cal, north of LA most my life. Became a Bears fan due to my dad going to college w/ Dick Butkus, who ran in the same circles also being Lithuanian. My dad tells a good story how after a night of drinking one time, Butkus dislodged a parking meter from the cement by tackling it! He probably wouldn't know who my dad is now, but my dad sure remembers him!

I now live in the LA area now for many moons. Married, but no children. My wife says dealing with me is enough!

Accountant by trade, hard rock and blues fan by choice, and Bears fan by blood!

I am a nosey bastard. I not everyone is from Chicago and was wondering what other teams in the major sports you guys like.

Me:

MLB- White Sox. I hate the Cubs

NHL- Blackhawks. Much hate for the Wings and Blues

NBA- Bulls. Still hate Pistons and Knicks.

I grew up on the north side, went to St Pat's and have a gaggle of kids. Four little crumb snatchers belong to me. Sons 15 and 8 and daughters 13 and 9.

Like I said just a little nosey.

MLB - Cubs. Odd story...My family is from the South Side (Marquette Park), but my dad was a Lithuanian immigrant and only liked basketball and soccer. So, he hated baseball and I inherited that. As I grew older, the Bears fans I knew just happened to be Cubs fans, so I just fell into it. I'm probably one of the few folks that is a Cubs fan, but like the White Sox. I was thrilled when they won. I harbor no ill will at all, but understand the rivalry. My passion is still football over all... Nothing is even remotely close w/ an exception of the Jordan years Bulls. I hate the Red Sox. Too many bandwagoners came out of the woodworks when they finally won it here in LA...

NHL - Blackhawks, but a soft spot in my heart for the LA Kings. Due to living in LA for most my life, seeing Gretzky play in person many times, and my wife being a big fan, I like the Kings except when they play the Hawks! No real hate for any other hockey team...

NBA - Bulls! My dad loved basketball early on, and I fell right into it. Jordan helped tremendously! Since then, I've not been as close of a follower...but since Rose's arrival, I've been far more into it. I'm sick of the Lakers living in LA...but loved them when they fought the Pistons. I hated the Knicks, but no longer care. I hate Miami now.

My family's from Marqette Park, but I grew up in So Cal, north of LA most my life. Became a Bears fan due to my dad going to college w/ Dick Butkus, who ran in the same circles also being Lithuanian. My dad tells a good story how after a night of drinking one time, Butkus dislodged a parking meter from the cement by tackling it! He probably wouldn't know who my dad is now, but my dad sure remembers him!

I now live in the LA area now for many moons. Married, but no children. My wife says dealing with me is enough!

Accountant by trade, hard rock and blues fan by choice, and Bears fan by blood!

See I grew up on the North side and love the Sox.

Best Blues guitarist IYO?

Stranger how that stuff works!

Alive, Buddy Guy, who I've seen. Dead, Muddy Waters...with all due respect to Stevie Ray Vaughan and Ellmore James. Never saw them. But I have seen John Lee Hooker, Bo Diddley, RL Burnside, Taj Mahal, Keb Mo, John Hammond and others that I'm beyond thrilled I got to see play live! I could go on and on about the blues!

See I grew up on the North side and love the Sox.

Best Blues guitarist IYO?

Stranger how that stuff works!

Alive, Buddy Guy, who I've seen. Dead, Muddy Waters...with all due respect to Stevie Ray Vaughan and Ellmore James. Never saw them. But I have seen John Lee Hooker, Bo Diddley, RL Burnside, Taj Mahal, Keb Mo, John Hammond and others that I'm beyond thrilled I got to see play live! I could go on and on about the blues!

I'm biased...I'm a huge SRV fan. He is my fav. I like John Lee. Johnny Lang can play his ass off too. I like that the younger generation is catching on.

No bias needed for SRV! I like Johnny Lang for his playing, but his songwriting isn't up to par with those other guys. But, it is good to see some of the younger guys keeping things alive. I really also like Keb Mo. He's more a modern day Robert Johnson...but he's not that young anymore!

There was a great blues band in LA in the mid-late 90's called the Red Devils that just shredded. The harp player/singer was amazing. He unfortunatley died of a heroin OD. If you like the blues, Ihighly recommend you check their cd, "King King" out. It's produced by Rick Rubin and they worked with Mick Jagger and Johnny Cash as a backing band for a few of their albums.

The Black Keys also do a good job of the blues vibe within the pop and rock medium.

(I'm acually listening to Mississippi Fred McDowell on my compter as I write this!)

I'm biased...I'm a huge SRV fan. He is my fav. I like John Lee. Johnny Lang can play his ass off too. I like that the younger generation is catching on.

Born in Great Lakes. Have family in Woodstock, Waukegan and Mt Vernon. Occasionally get through Chicago to visit parents in Indiana. Been living in Alaska for over 30 years now. Not sure I'll ever get out. <_>

Bears football for a loonnnnggg time. Have to say that I did like the Vikings for a very short time because they were purple, but that was when I was about 6 or 7 so I obviously wasn't in the right mind.

Bulls basketball. Remember once my Grandfather wanting to go see this "new kid named Jordan who was supposed to be good". Man was he right.

White Sox baseball. Not really big on the Cubs although I did like watching Sosa. But have been drawn to the Sox for years. Especially when Frank Thomas was there. And I like Guillen as manger.

Blackhawks hockey. I have to admit I don't catch much of the Bulls, Sox or Hawks unless they're in the playoffs. Bears are my only real sports vice. Live and breathe it.

Striving to one day fulfill my dream of being a secretary for a professional team.

I live about 35 miles south of the city.

Huge Bears fan (season ticket holder), as well as the Blackhawks (also a season ticket holder) and the White Sox. I love watching hockey. Not a huge NBA guy but I wish the Bulls well. I'm also a USC football fan- saw a game there when I was 10 and fell in love with it.

I collect autographs/memorabilia in my free time.

No bias needed for SRV! I like Johnny Lang for his playing, but his songwriting isn't up to par with those other guys. But, it is good to see some of the younger guys keeping things alive. I really also like Keb Mo. He's more a modern day Robert Johnson...but he's not that young anymore!

There was a great blues band in LA in the mid-late 90's called the Red Devils that just shredded. The harp player/singer was amazing. He unfortunatley died of a heroin OD. If you like the blues, Ihighly recommend you check their cd, "King King" out. It's produced by Rick Rubin and they worked with Mick Jagger and Johnny Cash as a backing band for a few of their albums.

The Black Keys also do a good job of the blues vibe within the pop and rock medium.

(I'm acually listening to Mississippi Fred McDowell on my compter as I write this!)

Saw BB King live at a free street gig in Dublin, The year after saw Robert Cray

How about Gary moore? Passed away saturday night. Sad

Very cool. I've seen BB once. Although I was in college at the time and I was a bit too sauced to fully appreciate it. I'm trying to see if I can catch him again... I've never seen Cray. Great gutarist. Did you know he's one of the backing musicians for Otis Day and the Knights in "Animal House"?

Yeah...sad.

Saw BB King live at a free street gig in Dublin, The year after saw Robert Cray

How about Gary moore? Passed away saturday night. Sad