Things the Bears need to win the super Bowl!

Wesson44

1. We need to get rid of Kreutz and Garza they are old and can block well anymore. Get Mankins as a FA and draft a center

2. We need to get a WR like TO, Fitzgerald, Ocho Cinco, V.Jackson, Moss, Rice, someone that can be a no#1. Draft either A. Brown(southern miss) or Baldwin(Pitt)

3. Get a true man playing corner like Bailey or Asomugha. Jennings to short and Tillman getting old and slow

4. Use the Damn play book to use the screens, passes to the RB(Forte over 500 yrds) use the big TEs Olsen & Davis is jump ball in the red zone.

5 Use Hester on both kick offs and punt returns.

I generally agree. But I may keep both OL in #1 as we may need to transition younger players.

1. We need to get rid of Kreutz and Garza they are old and can block well anymore. Get Mankins as a FA and draft a center

2. We need to get a WR like TO, Fitzgerald, Ocho Cinco, V.Jackson, Moss, Rice, someone that can be a no#1. Draft either A. Brown(southern miss) or Baldwin(Pitt)

3. Get a true man playing corner like Bailey or Asomugha. Jennings to short and Tillman getting old and slow

4. Use the Damn play book to use the screens, passes to the RB(Forte over 500 yrds) use the big TEs Olsen & Davis is jump ball in the red zone.

5 Use Hester on both kick offs and punt returns.

I generally agree. But I may keep both OL in #1 as we may need to transition younger players.

Yeah, we don't have the depth to cut those guys loose right now. We need to phase both of them out as starters, but I'd rather cut guys like Lance Louis and Johan Asiata, who are really practice-squad caliber players. Find Garza's replacement (in FA or the draft) this offseason, find Kreutz's replacement next offseason, and then we can do this:

Garza: on the bench in 2011, off the roster in 2012 (when he hits FA.)

Kreutz: starting in 2011, transition to the bench in 2012, off the roster in 2013 (when he'll be 35 and probably ready to retire.)

...then we'll have a couple of years to worry about building depth behind the new starters, whereas if we cut Garza or Kreutz right now, we'd be one injury away from starting Louis or Edwin Williams. I don't want to see that again.

I fully agree!

Yeah, we don't have the depth to cut those guys loose right now. We need to phase both of them out as starters, but I'd rather cut guys like Lance Louis and Johan Asiata, who are really practice-squad caliber players. Find Garza's replacement (in FA or the draft) this offseason, find Kreutz's replacement next offseason, and then we can do this:

Garza: on the bench in 2011, off the roster in 2012 (when he hits FA.)

Kreutz: starting in 2011, transition to the bench in 2012, off the roster in 2013 (when he'll be 35 and probably ready to retire.)

...then we'll have a couple of years to worry about building depth behind the new starters, whereas if we cut Garza or Kreutz right now, we'd be one injury away from starting Louis or Edwin Williams. I don't want to see that again.

1. We need to get rid of Kreutz and Garza they are old and can block well anymore. Get Mankins as a FA and draft a center So you want their OL next year to be Omiyale-Williams-ROOKIE CENTER-Mankins-Webb?

2. We need to get a WR like TO, Fitzgerald, Ocho Cinco, V.Jackson, Moss, Rice, someone that can be a no#1. Draft either A. Brown(southern miss) or Baldwin(Pitt) I have no idea who A.Brown is.

3. Get a true man playing corner like Bailey or Asomugha. Jennings to short and Tillman getting old and slow If you think old and slow is Tillman, Bailey isn't much better. Asomugha is going to cost Peppers money so I doubt that happens.

4. Use the Damn play book to use the screens, passes to the RB(Forte over 500 yrds) use the big TEs Olsen & Davis is jump ball in the red zone. Big TE's in the redzone isn't Martz's idea of fun.

5 Use Hester on both kick offs and punt returns. Agree.

Wesson44 @ Jan 31 2011, 07:12 AM)

1. We need to get rid of Kreutz and Garza they are old and can block well anymore. Get Mankins as a FA and draft a center So you want their OL next year to be Omiyale-Williams-ROOKIE CENTER-Mankins-Webb?

Wasn't Webb a rookie this year!!!!

2. We need to get a WR like TO, Fitzgerald, Ocho Cinco, V.Jackson, Moss, Rice, someone that can be a no#1. Draft either A. Brown(southern miss) or Baldwin(Pitt) I have no idea who A.Brown is.

A brown is 6'6 and 220 and runs a 4.4

3. Get a true man playing corner like Bailey or Asomugha. Jennings to short and Tillman getting old and slow If you think old and slow is Tillman, Bailey isn't much better. Asomugha is going to cost Peppers money so I doubt that happens.

Baily is old but still better than Tillman in coverage!! And if we want to win what is money...added Peppers and look what happened 11-5

4. Use the Damn play book to use the screens, passes to the RB(Forte over 500 yrds) use the big TEs Olsen & Davis is jump ball in the red zone. Big TE's in the redzone isn't Martz's idea of fun. Maybe not but it creates mismataches the defense cant adjust to

5 Use Hester on both kick offs and punt returns. Agree.

I agree on Webb. I know he was a rookie and made strides. As a matter of fact, I agree with you on the OL except I say draft for LT instead of C (or atleast not a C in the 1st 3 rounds). People around here are hard on me for not drafting, in order- OG, OT, C, OT, OG, OT, OG in my mock drafts.

A Brown? I looked up all players in the draft from Southern Miss and the only WR there is is named DeAndre Brown.

I think we agree on Olsen and Davis. I'm just telling you what Martz's philosophy is.

And again, we agree on Asomugha. I'd LOVE to have him, but will JA pony up that much money again?

I agree on Webb. I know he was a rookie and made strides. As a matter of fact, I agree with you on the OL except I say draft for LT instead of C (or atleast not a C in the 1st 3 rounds). People around here are hard on me for not drafting, in order- OG, OT, C, OT, OG, OT, OG in my mock drafts.

A Brown? I looked up all players in the draft from Southern Miss and the only WR there is is named DeAndre Brown.

I think we agree on Olsen and Davis. I'm just telling you what Martz's philosophy is.

And again, we agree on Asomugha. I'd LOVE to have him, but will JA pony up that much money again?

oops sorry about that it is DeAndre Brown i was speaking of

Wesson44 @ Jan 31 2011, 07:12 AM)

Wasn't Webb a rookie this year!!!!

Yes, he was. And for the most part, he sucked. He made strides, but that's just going from a illiterate and an F- to a "passing" grade of D. It still sucks.

An OL of Omiyale-Williams-Rookie-Mankins-Webb would be atrocious for AT LEAST the following reasons:

1. Worst collective OL in the NFL, again.

2. Worst pair of OTs in the NFL, again.

3. With a rookie at center, the Bears lose their OL signal caller in Kreutz.

4. With a rookie at center, Williams (who isn't exactly a world beater) would have to help towards the middle, leaving Omiyale on an island.

5. With a rookie at center, Mankins would have to help towards the middle, leaving Webb on an island.

If #4 and #5 didn't make you sick to your stomach, rest assured...because it just gave Jay Cutler a preemptive concussion for next year.

Yes, he was. And for the most part, he sucked. He made strides, but that's just going from a illiterate and an F- to a "passing" grade of D. It still sucks.

An OL of Omiyale-Williams-Rookie-Mankins-Webb would be atrocious for AT LEAST the following reasons:

1. Worst collective OL in the NFL, again.

2. Worst pair of OTs in the NFL, again.

3. With a rookie at center, the Bears lose their OL signal caller in Kreutz.

4. With a rookie at center, Williams (who isn't exactly a world beater) would have to help towards the middle, leaving Omiyale on an island.

5. With a rookie at center, Mankins would have to help towards the middle, leaving Webb on an island.

If #4 and #5 didn't make you sick to your stomach, rest assured...because it just gave Jay Cutler a preemptive concussion for next year.

So with the worst line in the NFL we go to the final four and lose by 7. Now with a all pro guard and a better blocking center you think we will be worse than last year. Please remember that alot of the sacks last year came because we were trying to throw the ball deep with the 5-7 step drops against teams we know that loved to blitz. Better blocking up the middle will make the passing game and Cutler better

So with the worst line in the NFL we go to the final four and lose by 7. Now with a all pro guard and a better blocking center you think we will be worse than last year. Please remember that alot of the sacks last year came because we were trying to throw the ball deep with the 5-7 step drops against teams we know that loved to blitz. Better blocking up the middle will make the passing game and Cutler better

You honestly believe replacing Kreutz with a rookie will improve the line!? BWAHAHAHAHA. That's comical.

Guaranteed, if the Bears replace Kreutz with a rookie, the OL, which was without a doubt the worst in the NFL, will be worse. Adding Mankins will be an individual improvement at G, but the fact that he'll have to constantly help to his left AND his right, will lessen his impact. Get Mankins and keep Kreutz? Now that's a COMPLETELY different story.

You honestly believe replacing Kreutz with a rookie will improve the line!? BWAHAHAHAHA. That's comical.

Guaranteed, if the Bears replace Kreutz with a rookie, the OL, which was without a doubt the worst in the NFL, will be worse. Adding Mankins will be an individual improvement at G, but the fact that he'll have to constantly help to his left AND his right, will lessen his impact. Get Mankins and keep Kreutz? Now that's a COMPLETELY different story.

I think we need to draft a LT with the first pick, there are several rated as a late first round pick. Nate Solder or Tyron Smith should be there. Also in the 4h round draft Alex Linnenholt/c from Oregon State. A team leader type that can be groomed by keeping Kreutz for one more year. Also in f/a go out and get Duece Lutui/g from Arz. He had a great year in 2009 but a poor year in 2010 on a lousy team. Should be at a reasonable rate. I think is developing enough to be our RT for a long time. Our OL needs new bodies, Cutler wont last another year of pounding.

Also in FA go out and get Sindey Rice, hes young and just what Cutler needs to fight for balls in the passing attack.

our draft will be: Smith/OT in the first

Austin/DT in the second- a character issue but thats why he is there in the 2nd round. we need to take a chance.

Lewis/cb/Oregon in the third- tall CB that will fit right in to our Tampa 2 scheme.

Linnerholt/OC-already mentioned in the 4th.

Summary: We have a new line with Smilth, Lutui, Kruetz, Garza, Webb. Omiyale is our swing tackle. Williams is a backup where he belongs.

Rice added to our Wr core will be huge.

A new CB and DT will keep our Defense playing ok.

I think we need to draft a LT with the first pick, there are several rated as a late first round pick. Nate Solder or Tyron Smith should be there. Also in the 4h round draft Alex Linnenholt/c from Oregon State. A team leader type that can be groomed by keeping Kreutz for one more year. Also in f/a go out and get Duece Lutui/g from Arz. He had a great year in 2009 but a poor year in 2010 on a lousy team. Should be at a reasonable rate. I think is developing enough to be our RT for a long time. Our OL needs new bodies, Cutler wont last another year of pounding.

Also in FA go out and get Sindey Rice, hes young and just what Cutler needs to fight for balls in the passing attack.

our draft will be: Smith/OT in the first

Austin/DT in the second- a character issue but thats why he is there in the 2nd round. we need to take a chance.

Lewis/cb/Oregon in the third- tall CB that will fit right in to our Tampa 2 scheme.

Linnerholt/OC-already mentioned in the 4th.

Summary: We have a new line with Smilth, Lutui, Kruetz, Garza, Webb. Omiyale is our swing tackle. Williams is a backup where he belongs.

Rice added to our Wr core will be huge.

A new CB and DT will keep our Defense playing ok.

No way Solder is there when the Bears pick. I guarantee he goes in the top 15.

No way Solder is there when the Bears pick. I guarantee he goes in the top 15.

I've heard some wildly differing reports on Solder. Some people think that he's too raw and needs work on his technique, other people think his size/athleticism is going to make him the first tackle picked. I think you're right, though - in this year's tackle class, I'd be very surprised if he fell all the way to the Bears' pick. Now, if he has a really poor showing in the Combine drills or something like that, maybe he could start to fall.

I've heard some wildly differing reports on Solder. Some people think that he's too raw and needs work on his technique, other people think his size/athleticism is going to make him the first tackle picked. I think you're right, though - in this year's tackle class, I'd be very surprised if he fell all the way to the Bears' pick. Now, if he has a really poor showing in the Combine drills or something like that, maybe he could start to fall.

Then you gotta ask yourself..in the late 20's, do you pick the guy who's moving upwards because of a good showing, the guy who's moving downward and assume the bad showing was an aberration, or the guy who should have been around there anyway?

Then you gotta ask yourself..in the late 20's, do you pick the guy who's moving upwards because of a good showing, the guy who's moving downward and assume the bad showing was an aberration, or the guy who should have been around there anyway?

Then we have to ask ourselves: as fans, do you want the organization to take a guy like Tyron Smith? I was never impressed with him at USC as an SC fan and I never would've dreamed he'd be a 1st round pick, but his stock seems to be rising. Like Terra said in another thread, he might weigh in under 285.

He had a terrific Senior Bowl week so I doubt he makes it past Minnesota.