Lovie Smith receives 2 year extension through 2013.

balta1701-A

Still Dont see it Lucky

you don't see what?

If I was as concerned as you I would quit watching.

and what exactly does that mean? that if i care about where this franchise is going and if i don't agree on how they are getting there then why bother watching? i'm sorry but isn't WINNING what this is all about? if this is just some ice cream social to pass the time on sunday afternoons like it seems to some then i agree, it's time to stop wasting my time watching and spend my weekends having tea and some smashing games of croquet on the lawn.

Rebuilding Is needed when there is no talent. Building is needed when you have talent and want to add pieces for depth as well improvements for the team. Get over it please and lets mo0ve on and hope there is a next season.

huh?

1. "building" is when you have talent and add pieces for depth? i guess i never heard that before. what does that mean and how does that relate to us?

2. "rebuilding" is needed when you have no talent?

one half of our entire offense, the OL, is the worst in the entire nfl. this is the portion that makes ALL of the other offensive pieces work and we could have used 5 out of 5 players there last season along with a FB/TE who actually could block.

on defense we need at least one and probably two DT's, one upgrade at DE, one healthy strongside LB, one or two safeties and two CB's. this doesn't even account for quality depth behind any of the starters on this entire team.

how deprived of talent do you need to be for you to believe rebuilding is in order? doesn't any of this concern you?

in my estimation you have to look forward to be able to run a franchise successfully. because of poor drafting for so long we are completely depleted of young talent that we need to replace key players (example urlacher or kreutz) in the near future. it's only common sense to figure that even if you draft good ball players, which we DON'T, it will take them 2-3 years to grasp the system and be able to contribute the full amount of whatever talent they have. we have NOTHING on the bench that i can see that fills those needs.

Whatever, Keep the hating JA club going Iam sure you will have plenty of members. Poor drafting? Ok there have some players not panning out. Lets see what happens with this new coaching and back office staff and see what they do. But I still dont see how you look at this team and feel its rebuilding required. But I should, Growning up in the Chicago area its pretty typical for Chicago fans to dump on thier team no matter the year they had. Only team from chicago that dont get that treatment is the Cubs. But it always the public knowing better then the coaches or GM.

Why does everything have to get so crazy here any time someone brings up Lovie or Jerry? Words like man-crush and talking about dating dogs start to fly around. Why?

It's really simple, I think Lovie earned the additional years with taking this team to where he did given the talent level. With that said, I wouldn't have done it since we have another year on his contract and we've seen this pattern before. Besides, he lost to the PACKERS in the deciding game which I'll always now hold against him. With that said, I expect lining Lovie up with JA made sense to the Bears execs and so it is now so. End of story. No need to talk about anyone's mom, wife or girlfriend from my perspective.

Well said...

Why does everything have to get so crazy here any time someone brings up Lovie or Jerry? Words like man-crush and talking about dating dogs start to fly around. Why?

It's really simple, I think Lovie earned the additional years with taking this team to where he did given the talent level. With that said, I wouldn't have done it since we have another year on his contract and we've seen this pattern before. Besides, he lost to the PACKERS in the deciding game which I'll always now hold against him. With that said, I expect lining Lovie up with JA made sense to the Bears execs and so it is now so. End of story. No need to talk about anyone's mom, wife or girlfriend from my perspective.

Whatever, Keep the hating JA club going Iam sure you will have plenty of members. Poor drafting? Ok there have some players not panning out. Lets see what happens with this new coaching and back office staff and see what they do. But I still dont see how you look at this team and feel its rebuilding required. But I should, Growning up in the Chicago area its pretty typical for Chicago fans to dump on thier team no matter the year they had. Only team from chicago that dont get that treatment is the Cubs. But it always the public knowing better then the coaches or GM.

Obviously you haven't been listening to Chicago radio lately because they are beating the Cubs to death in terms of needing to have made improvements, and bashing the new owners for their bottomline obssession, etc.