My Final Bears Mock Draft

dawhizz

About 44 hours from the start of the first round, here's what I would do if I was the Bears:

*Trade down - #29 for a high/mid 2nd, high/mid 4th, and 7th (unless Carimi or Liguit falls, I don't see value for the Bears)**

2a. Orlando Franklin, OT/OG, Miami - An immediate starter somewhere on the line, Franklin brings a nastiness sorely lacking on our offensive line.

2b. Drake Nevis, DT, LSU - Nevis isn't a great fit on a lot of teams, but he's a perfect fit here to replace Tommie Harris.

3. Mason Foster, LB, Washington - Incredibly productive LB from a lesser Pac-10 school taken in the third round, in a bit of a surprise, by the Chicago Bears? Hey, it worked with Lance Briggs.

4a. Ahmad Black, S, Florida - He slid down draft board when he ran 4.8 at the combine and he's only 5'9", but he's a pure playmaker who has experience sharing a secondary with Major Wright. The Bears use a 3-safety lineup as much as anyone, and Black is a great fit there, at the very least.

4b. Brandon Hogan, CB, West Virginia - I just think he has all the tools you want from a CB and just needs a mentor like Peanut to get his head on straight.

5. David Arkin, OG, Missouri State - Prototypical NFL guard size at 6'5" 300 lbs and has played all over the line. With him and Franklin, the Bears add two versatile linemen to upgrade the unit.

6. Jerrod Johnson, QB, Texas A&M - The Bears are talking like they want to take a project at QB, so here he is. Johnson lost his starting job this year, but has the size, arm strength, and, most importantly, work ethic to invest in, and he's just one year removed from a year where he threw for 3,500 yards and 30 TDs against just 8 ints.

7. Armon Binns, WR, Cincinnati - While I'd love to draft a big WR earlier, I just don't like that many this year. I don't see why Binns isn't getting more love considering he's 6'3", 210, runs a 4.5 40, has been a consistent red zone target, and averaged 1,000 yards and 10 TDs each of the last two seasons.

I'll go to war with that team.

Overall I don't hate it. But I do dislike it for two reasons:

1) I don't want the trade down. There will be an OT there.

2) I don't want a LB in the third. ESPECIALLY if there is a trade down. At that point the OL needs more attention. This is particularly true if they are honestly thinking about moving Williams to Center.

About 44 hours from the start of the first round, here's what I would do if I was the Bears:

*Trade down - #29 for a high/mid 2nd, high/mid 4th, and 7th (unless Carimi or Liguit falls, I don't see value for the Bears)**

2a. Orlando Franklin, OT/OG, Miami - An immediate starter somewhere on the line, Franklin brings a nastiness sorely lacking on our offensive line.

You may be over-drafting Franklin. Last I heard there was a good chance he'd be there for the Bears at the end of the second and maybe at the end of the third.

Admittedly the opinions seem to vary quite a bit.

Tom S.

2b. Drake Nevis, DT, LSU - Nevis isn't a great fit on a lot of teams, but he's a perfect fit here to replace Tommie Harris.

3. Mason Foster, LB, Washington - Incredibly productive LB from a lesser Pac-10 school taken in the third round, in a bit of a surprise, by the Chicago Bears? Hey, it worked with Lance Briggs.

4a. Ahmad Black, S, Florida - He slid down draft board when he ran 4.8 at the combine and he's only 5'9", but he's a pure playmaker who has experience sharing a secondary with Major Wright. The Bears use a 3-safety lineup as much as anyone, and Black is a great fit there, at the very least.

4b. Brandon Hogan, CB, West Virginia - I just think he has all the tools you want from a CB and just needs a mentor like Peanut to get his head on straight.

5. David Arkin, OG, Missouri State - Prototypical NFL guard size at 6'5" 300 lbs and has played all over the line. With him and Franklin, the Bears add two versatile linemen to upgrade the unit.

6. Jerrod Johnson, QB, Texas A&M - The Bears are talking like they want to take a project at QB, so here he is. Johnson lost his starting job this year, but has the size, arm strength, and, most importantly, work ethic to invest in, and he's just one year removed from a year where he threw for 3,500 yards and 30 TDs against just 8 ints.

7. Armon Binns, WR, Cincinnati - While I'd love to draft a big WR earlier, I just don't like that many this year. I don't see why Binns isn't getting more love considering he's 6'3", 210, runs a 4.5 40, has been a consistent red zone target, and averaged 1,000 yards and 10 TDs each of the last two seasons.

I'll go to war with that team.

I dont like the idea of trading down. The 29th will be hard to find a rookie as a starter anywhere, let alone lower. If were lucky 3 years from now will have 4 starters in this group, and maybe above average talents. I dont like the rest of the draft at thos spots. You have Franklin overrated but Nevis is a good pick in the second.