Wolfe = IDIOT

flea

Agreed. Idiot. I just wish the closing to the article wasn't so true and bittersweet...

The record-setting running back in college got only four carries in the first season under offensive coordinator Mike Martz. Wolfe never really got a chance to get involved offensively under Ron Turner either as he has only 72 rushing attempts in his career.

Something tells me there are two sides to this one. I'm not saying its impossible but things like this are rarely a straight forward case of, "F' you I"m not payin'". I wonder if people ran out and he got stuck with the bill or something.

Tom S.

Retail theft? he had to be drunk or high, he made dam good money for what he did. Surprising that the Bears may have forseen this comming. His SP play was pretty good. But Unga spelled his doom on making the roster.

Yeah, after this I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Bears only kept 3 tailbacks: Forte, Taylor, and Unga. Wolfe was never that productive except on gadget plays and special teams...the last thing he needed to do was give the coaching staff an excuse to cut him.

Yeah, after this I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Bears only kept 3 tailbacks: Forte, Taylor, and Unga. Wolfe was never that productive except on gadget plays and special teams...the last thing he needed to do was give the coaching staff an excuse to cut him.

Agreed. There was never any proof that he could be anything more than a special teams guy.

I don't see it.

He already has a strike going "clubbing". Free country as it is, very rarely does good PR ensue from a night out carousing. Also, very rarely does vioence have to ensue after arguing a bill. I've had countless arguments over bills, including a dine n' dash. Never once did I get into a physical altercation.

I liked Wolfe as a person. he seemed to be a guy that was fighting the good fight, battling an uphill battle to get more carries. He was doing community things, etc..

It's just sad to see him like this. Maybe this is a good wake up call for the young man. If he gets himself sorted out, maybe he can have another shot elsewhere.

He will no longer be a Bear.

Something tells me there are two sides to this one. I'm not saying its impossible but things like this are rarely a straight forward case of, "F' you I"m not payin'". I wonder if people ran out and he got stuck with the bill or something.

Tom S.

• 5 weeks later...