This fu(k stick has lost his mind!!!!

BearsFan1974

I don't want accountants running this team, I want football men.

I know what you're saying, but if Angelo actually thinks that, then he's mentally incapable of doing his job and he has a horrendous understanding of how football is actually played.

Angelo may know the cap and the check-book, but he's not good at evaluation or drafting.

I don't want accountants running this team, I want football men.

Angelo is a football guy also, no question. That OL he molded around Olin during the '05/'06 years was a monster OL and I believe he knows what it takes to build an OL.

However, what he fails to acknowledge or isn't willing to is the Chris Williams pick really really really cost the Bears. Everything has crumbled from there really- having to bring in Orlando Pace to play LT after developing Chris Williams for an entire year really hurt as that move also flopped. Need we discuss the Frank Omiyale addition a year later?

The Bears haven't cut bait with Williams and Omiyale yet and I have no idea why. The best component of our returning OL was Roberto Garza- who they decided to move inexplicably to C. I'm glad Kreutz was allowed to walk, but if this was the Bears best replacement plan for Olin- maybe they should've given Olin what he wanted. Moving Garza hurt more than it helped IMO.

Drafting Gabe Carimi was a great pick...although it was no-brainer who fell right into Angelo's lap. I credit him for the pick, but credit him minimally.

A couple of guys the Bears could have had this past off-season were Tyson Clabo (RT) and Harvey Dahl (RG) both from Atlanta who went for very reasonable deals (Clabo back to Atlanta and Dahl to St. Louis respectively). Dahl could have started at RG with Garza at C and Clabo at RT and could have worked Carimi in at LT or be a backup swing T for both Clabo and Webb for a year.

Either way you look at it- the Bears had options up front and didn't exhaust them. This should ultimately cost Angelo his job.

Angelo is a football guy also, no question. That OL he molded around Olin during the '05/'06 years was a monster OL and I believe he knows what it takes to build an OL.

However, what he fails to acknowledge or isn't willing to is the Chris Williams pick really really really cost the Bears. Everything has crumbled from there really- having to bring in Orlando Pace to play LT after developing Chris Williams for an entire year really hurt as that move also flopped. Need we discuss the Frank Omiyale addition a year later?

The Bears haven't cut bait with Williams and Omiyale yet and I have no idea why. The best component of our returning OL was Roberto Garza- who they decided to move inexplicably to C. I'm glad Kreutz was allowed to walk, but if this was the Bears best replacement plan for Olin- maybe they should've given Olin what he wanted. Moving Garza hurt more than it helped IMO.

Drafting Gabe Carimi was a great pick...although it was no-brainer who fell right into Angelo's lap. I credit him for the pick, but credit him minimally.

A couple of guys the Bears could have had this past off-season were Tyson Clabo (RT) and Harvey Dahl (RG) both from Atlanta who went for very reasonable deals (Clabo back to Atlanta and Dahl to St. Louis respectively). Dahl could have started at RG with Garza at C and Clabo at RT and could have worked Carimi in at LT or be a backup swing T for both Clabo and Webb for a year.

Either way you look at it- the Bears had options up front and didn't exhaust them. This should ultimately cost Angelo his job.

Curtis Enis had 1 good year too... so you JA built a good line for 1 year doesn't justify anything. Teams that make the Super Bowl should be reloading their weopons, not rebuilding them.

That is common knowledge that "a football guy" should know...and JA obviously doesn't.

Seriously, its your opinion that Chris Williams has been the problem for this line?

I just simply disagree. Just because your business card says "football guy" doesn't make it so. He's fair at best and awful at worst.

That O-line was patched with retreads than any gm could have paid to get into town. True football guys build from within, and he's proven time and time again he can't.

But we do come to the same end conclusion!

I just simply disagree. Just because your business card says "football guy" doesn't make it so. He's fair at best and awful at worst.

That O-line was patched with retreads than any gm could have paid to get into town. True football guys build from within, and he's proven time and time again he can't.

But we do come to the same end conclusion!

We agree with the end result.

However, Angelo hasn't been a flop as GM considering they've won 4 division titles during his 10 years as GM...where the last division title we won was in 1990. So his given credibility within the organization counts, whether or not he absolutely inherited the first division or not, is warranted.

Also, who here can say they weren't through the roof excited when the Bears dealt for Cutler and signed Peppers? Those moves were awesome and I'll never forget how I felt when the Bears went out and got those guys. Also, it isn't as if Angelo has TOTALLY struck out in the draft....Briggs, Tillman, Forte, Hester, Olsen, Harris, Vasher, Harris, Knox....whether those players are with us or not were great picks for a time and Angelo deserves credit for them. Even if it isn't a lot- he hit a few home runs here and there.

However, I believe him to be full of himself at this point. I do also believe Tice has told Angelo what he wanted to hear the past few years in "We can work with the guys we already have" in regards to the OL. That was music to Angelo's ears because it was cheap. If that is true- it is still ALL of Angelo's fault because that is his job to make that determination. Some is Tice's fault where he can go and say, "Get me some veteran help in here" rather than just relying on Carimi (even though I'm a huge Gabe fan) and Webb on the outside.

Angelo invested sooo much into Cutler himself, he failed to address weapons in front and around him appropriately. Angelo said himself when they went after Cut, "We have to be in it to win it." Too bad he hasn't been in it since they brought #6 over.

SERIOUSLY....yes he's a very big part of it considering we took him very high and he's incapable of playing either T position.

Chris Williams only plays 1 position on the line...what about the other 4? We drafted Williams high based on JA's assessment. Which cost us a little. What cost us even more was the fact he didn't get the players needed to make this offense work. Yes we had a great line in 05-06 but there was a different system in place. You need the right pieces for something to work properly. Chris Williams is just a lugnut for a wheel, but when you don't get the other 4 lugnuts, the wheel comes flying off. Williams is just a piece of the problem, and not even the biggest piece.

I just simply disagree with your assessment of JA. As Mark Twain said, "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics." The record and titles don't exactly mean he's great. I feel that virtually any GM could have got the same results, if not better. Urlacher and Mike Brown alone simply willed us into numerous wins. Not JA guys...

Everyone here was thrilled with Cutler and Peppers. However, any GM can throw money and picks to get players. Great one, like in NE get Cutler for a 2nd. Not 2 firsts. One would expect that with around 70 picks in his tenure, he'd hit something. His hit and miss ratio simply isn't good enough. (Wre Vasher and Peanut his picks? I seem to recall they were the previous regime, but I could be wrong. I'm going off my Swiss cheese memory on that...)

He's simply in over his head I feel. And the long term results are not good enough.

We agree with the end result.

However, Angelo hasn't been a flop as GM considering they've won 4 division titles during his 10 years as GM...where the last division title we won was in 1990. So his given credibility within the organization counts, whether or not he absolutely inherited the first division or not, is warranted.

Also, who here can say they weren't through the roof excited when the Bears dealt for Cutler and signed Peppers? Those moves were awesome and I'll never forget how I felt when the Bears went out and got those guys. Also, it isn't as if Angelo has TOTALLY struck out in the draft....Briggs, Tillman, Forte, Hester, Olsen, Harris, Vasher, Harris, Knox....whether those players are with us or not were great picks for a time and Angelo deserves credit for them. Even if it isn't a lot- he hit a few home runs here and there.

However, I believe him to be full of himself at this point. I do also believe Tice has told Angelo what he wanted to hear the past few years in "We can work with the guys we already have" in regards to the OL. That was music to Angelo's ears because it was cheap. If that is true- it is still ALL of Angelo's fault because that is his job to make that determination. Some is Tice's fault where he can go and say, "Get me some veteran help in here" rather than just relying on Carimi (even though I'm a huge Gabe fan) and Webb on the outside.

Angelo invested sooo much into Cutler himself, he failed to address weapons in front and around him appropriately. Angelo said himself when they went after Cut, "We have to be in it to win it." Too bad he hasn't been in it since they brought #6 over.

One can dream. I don't think Ditka was a great x's and o's guy, but he has a football mind. And some respect around the league.

I hate JA more. :P

(Note that I cannot call him by name. JA works well because it's also in reference to "JackAss".)

Let Ditka run Football Operations like Parcells does/did

At least if he fails he would admit it.... I seriously hate Jerry Angelo.