This fu(k stick has lost his mind!!!!

BearsFan1974

Whether you're pro Angelo, anti-Angelo or in different that was probably the dumbest statement he has made in his tenure here. I actually heard this read on the radio and shook my head and got out of the car.Now if I was one of those read between the line theorists,I would say he might be subtley pointing the finger at Martz. All I know is that Mike Singletary who did some odd things as the Niners coach,did one solid thing as an interim coach and that was launch Martz almost immediately. I would love to see the Bears do the same if he doesn't do the right thing and use Forte to set up his passing game instead of the other way around.

Guest TerraTor

If ur boss says "we don't have the resources for you to operate in this way as it affects other staff and u continue to do it"... Shouldnt that be justification for termination.....

Analogy: we have 9 chairs and u keep inviting 11 people....

Persnally there is no excuse for how pathetic the Oline is.... If Chris williams was the Otackle the bears hoped for it would be different. Carimi was a great pick.

But we have two 7 Rd picks starting (were). A Guard playing center and a center playing guard. And while Carimi is out we also have possibly the worst Olineman in the NFL ..... WTF

and to top it off with all the young talent of WR available we sing Roy Williams on the 1st day of Free Agency. I dont mind the guy for bears offense but shoulda been a last resort

If ur boss says "we don't have the resources for you to operate in this way as it affects other staff and u continue to do it"... Shouldnt that be justification for termination.....

Analogy: we have 9 chairs and u keep inviting 11 people....

Persnally there is no excuse for how pathetic the Oline is.... If Chris williams was the Otackle the bears hoped for it would be different. Carimi was a great pick.

But we have two 7 Rd picks starting (were). A Guard playing center and a center playing guard. And while Carimi is out we also have possibly the worst Olineman in the NFL ..... WTF

and to top it off with all the young talent of WR available we sing Roy Williams on the 1st day of Free Agency. I dont mind the guy for bears offense but shoulda been a last resort

Sad thing is that I have a supervisor who passes the blame as much as JA does and since I'm the next in charge I stop just short of having an Ozzie Guillen approach and throw my boss under the bus figuring eventually the turds will float to the top and everyone will see it.

The soon the Family comes to their senses and cans this dumb F^*K the better off we'll be. He may made a small stride once in a blue moon however, to many other decisions he continues to make, kill this team. I have said it before and I'll say it again, we got lucky as hell last year and a Super Bowl Caliber team or at least a playoff contender with a franchise quarterback will destroy this team. Brees last weekend and oh by the way Aaron Rodgers who is currently I believe 5-1 comes into town once again to feast on this team. I say that besides Jack Ass, that little Teddy Philips needs to be sh^t canned as well. The soon the better. And I do not believe that little Georgie (named after I am guessing either his grandfather or uncle) really understands how to run this franchise as well. The family really needs a true shot of new management and blood running this organization and until that happens, we're all screwed.

Wow. Either this guy is war-crimes level stupid or just saying what he has to say without throwing the team/coaches/players under the bus.

If it's the former, I hate him more than I already dislike him.

Did all he could do?! :huh: I seem to recall the Bears having more than one draft pick this year. :blink:

Guest TerraTor
Wow. Either this guy is war-crimes level stupid or just saying what he has to say without throwing the team/coaches/players under the bus.

If it's the former, I hate him more than I already dislike him.

Did all he could do?! :huh: I seem to recall the Bears having more than one draft pick this year. :blink:

Ya no shit... Im sure there were no guards or centers or tackles he could have taken in place of Chris Conte.... And they havent even dressed Paea

And if they'd taken a lineman in the middle-rounds people would be outraged over how they're starting yet another inexperienced mid-round lineman to protect Cutler.

But at least it would be an effort. Not drafting one guy in Carimi and settling for Spencer because Olin called the bluff.

But at least it would be an effort. Not drafting one guy in Carimi and settling for Spencer because Olin called the bluff.

Agreed. The notion that we'd be upset at a mid-round guy starting is absurd since nearly everyone was clamoring for more than simply Carimi in the draft as well as in free agency.

Also, considering that Marcus Gilbert is starting at RT for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and Rodney Hudson is the primary backup for three positions (LG,C,RG) in KC, I'm thinking that one of those guys would be helping the team a bit more than Stephen Paea is right now.

The options and scenarios are endless. To say that the Bears did "all they could do" to address the most glaring team need for the past three years is absolutely ludicrous.

I'd say it's relative. Would you not agree that Angelo did as much in this offseason as he has in probably any other. I mean, drafting an OT in the 1st AND signing a FA. Sure, that FA wasn't a stud, but was a potential starter.

You know full well I would have done so much more, but in Angelo's mind, I'm sure he does think he has done soooo much. I mean, our norm would be to draft a guy in the 6th or 7th round. So a 1st round pick and a FA? Yea, in Angelo world that is massive

Agreed. The notion that we'd be upset at a mid-round guy starting is absurd since nearly everyone was clamoring for more than simply Carimi in the draft as well as in free agency.

Also, considering that Marcus Gilbert is starting at RT for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and Rodney Hudson is the primary backup for three positions (LG,C,RG) in KC, I'm thinking that one of those guys would be helping the team a bit more than Stephen Paea is right now.

The options and scenarios are endless. To say that the Bears did "all they could do" to address the most glaring team need for the past three years is absolutely ludicrous.

I'd say it's relative. Would you not agree that Angelo did as much in this offseason as he has in probably any other. I mean, drafting an OT in the 1st AND signing a FA. Sure, that FA wasn't a stud, but was a potential starter.

You know full well I would have done so much more, but in Angelo's mind, I'm sure he does think he has done soooo much. I mean, our norm would be to draft a guy in the 6th or 7th round. So a 1st round pick and a FA? Yea, in Angelo world that is massive

If we resigned Kruetz,we wouldn't have gotten Spencer. So to say that was a move he wanted to make is absurd. We signed Spencer because we had to, not for an upgrade. Plus Spencer was signed as a C and couldn't beat out a guy who has played G his entire career. He didn't do anything.

just becasue JA did more than he had done in the past doesn't mean it's acceptable. If on patrol, a cops partner get shot and killed becasue of a f up...then the next partner only gets shot...doesn't mean that's OK.

I could care less what his perception is, becasue he's obviously not right in the head.

And if they'd taken a lineman in the middle-rounds people would be outraged over how they're starting yet another inexperienced mid-round lineman to protect Cutler.

i think the major focus here is that sooner or later (or never if you are jerry angelo) you need to draft good ball players for the FUTURE. players that will take time to develop their potential so you don't HAVE to throw them into the fire right away. the only problem we have with that scenario is the talent these rookies (even IF we had them) need to replace is even worse than a good rookie starting on day one because we have NEVER drafted even average talent to take this into account!!!!!

Jerry Angelo - CBS Chicago.com

“We have to have faith in them. We trained them. They’re ours,” he told ChicagoBears.com. “They’ve got to step up and get it done. It’s that simple. You don’t like to play musical chairs at any position, but that’s particularly true on the offensive line. You want to keep those five guys the same week-in and week-out. They don’t have to be the best players, but they have to be players who know each other the best on the field. That’s football. So obviously that’s going to be our challenge, and I’m confident that the coaches are going to get not only the best out of our players but know exactly what they can and can’t do and play accordingly.”

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/09/21/ang...-bears%E2%80%99

"we have faith in them"? "we trained them"? you can teach a dog to fetch too but i wouldn't have any faith in him learning to fly no matter how much we trained him.

"you want those five guys the same week-in and week-out"? well let's see angie, you want them even if the quality of their talent wouldn't land them a freakin job in the canadian football league as a depth backup?

"they don't have to be the best players"? hmmmm... as long as they "know each other the best on the field"? you simplistic moron. they at LEAST have to be average talented players to start with. if you can't even see this reality from past years performances you are completely worthless to us as a GM.

LOL Ya'll missing the point. I'm not defending Angelo. I'm saying in his mind, he likely thinks he did a lot, just like Martz likely thinks he ran the ball enough.

just becasue JA did more than he had done in the past doesn't mean it's acceptable. If on patrol, a cops partner get shot and killed becasue of a f up...then the next partner only gets shot...doesn't mean that's OK.

I could care less what his perception is, becasue he's obviously not right in the head.

I say that besides Jack Ass, that little Teddy Philips needs to be sh^t canned as well. The soon the better. And I do not believe that little Georgie (named after I am guessing either his grandfather or uncle) really understands how to run this franchise as well. The family really needs a true shot of new management and blood running this organization and until that happens, we're all screwed.

ted phillips is the FIRST person that needs to be fired. this is his afterbirth (or in reality mikey's) we have been watching for the last 10 years. then kick angie to the curb like a sack of seeping sewage.

where else but mccaskey's chicago does a person who knows virtually nothing about the job he does is made the president of that division for over 10 freaking years and showcases the results we see every week!!!??

I know what you're saying, but if Angelo actually thinks that, then he's mentally incapable of doing his job and he has a horrendous understanding of how football is actually played.

Angelo may know the cap and the check-book, but he's not good at evaluation or drafting.