Hester

flea

Sadly, he also probably has one drop in every one of thoe games, and one penalty as well.

I love me some Hester for his ST skills, not his limited WR ability.

Devin Hester has at least one reception in 48 straight games, the 4th longest streak in #Bears history (Booker-60, Engram-57, Ditka-49).

They should've traded him in the 2007-2008 offseason, when some douchebag team would've given the Bears a 1st and a 2nd for him.

I remember when John Jurkovic from ESPN 1000 said this and everyone was telling him how dumb he was, and then I came to this board agreeing with him, and everyone here proceeded to call me dumb as well. Who's dumb now?

I'll still call you dumb. ;) Just kidding. Kind of... You also can't be certain a 1st and 2nd would have been the trade...

JA would have squandered those picks. So, instead we at least got to enjoy record breaking performances by one of the most electric players in NFL history.

I contend he's not the WR they are paying him to be. But, again, that's management's fault. The experiment as a #1 is over. He should be in the mix every now and then, and pretty much just run steaks. Then once in a blue moon, slants and curls. He needs to be used as a deep weapon. Then again, there's no time to throw deep... Again, mis-management.

They should've traded him in the 2007-2008 offseason, when some douchebag team would've given the Bears a 1st and a 2nd for him.

I remember when John Jurkovic from ESPN 1000 said this and everyone was telling him how dumb he was, and then I came to this board agreeing with him, and everyone here proceeded to call me dumb as well. Who's dumb now?

I'll still call you dumb. ;) Just kidding. Kind of... You also can't be certain a 1st and 2nd would have been the trade...

JA would have squandered those picks. So, instead we at least got to enjoy record breaking performances by one of the most electric players in NFL history.

I contend he's not the WR they are paying him to be. But, again, that's management's fault. The experiment as a #1 is over. He should be in the mix every now and then, and pretty much just run steaks. Then once in a blue moon, slants and curls. He needs to be used as a deep weapon. Then again, there's no time to throw deep... Again, mis-management.

No, but if they would've gotten 2 second round picks, we can't be certain JA would've f***ed them up. Let's not forget to give him props when he deserves them. Like I said in another thread, he's made dumb picks and good picks. Every GM has.

I follow, I just am personally glad we still had him...and have him. He is just being mis-used now as he was then.

No, but if they would've gotten 2 second round picks, we can't be certain JA would've f***ed them up. Let's not forget to give him props when he deserves them. Like I said in another thread, he's made dumb picks and good picks. Every GM has.

I follow, I just am personally glad we still had him...and have him. He is just being mis-used now as he was then.

Since week 1 of the 2008 season, he doesn't done much as a KR/PR with the exception of the 3 or 4 TD's he had last year. Paying him as much as they are with that production doesn't make me "glad."

We just simply disagree then. I thought his salary was far more useful, expecially consiering other flops like Manumaleuseless... Let's also not forget that during that time, not every return was a TD, but a good lot gave us excellent field position. That has tremendous value.

I agree that he was overpaid in his last contract. But, for me personally, when you look at his salary from his rookie year through now...I'm more than fine with the value we rec'd.

Since week 1 of the 2008 season, he doesn't done much as a KR/PR with the exception of the 3 or 4 TD's he had last year. Paying him as much as they are with that production doesn't make me "glad."

For what's it's worth I too thougt that Hester WOULDV'E been more valuable as trade bait back whenever that was. Notice I highlighted 'would've'. Now, all things equal, I'm glad the Bears have stuck with him. He still proves to be an X factor player. He's got the return ability and teams plan for him specifically on special teams. Many a time they have to punt away from him and cause a short field in trying to punt it away from him. (how about the diversion play at the end of thr GB game? As evidnece). He has an added dimension as a receiver too. I saw the play where Woodson held him up and another, when Knox dropped a pass, where he was wide open (I think there was also a time Cutler held the ball too long and got sacked that couldve been a big gain). All Cutler needs to do is hit him in stride and he's good to go.

Speaking of ST... The Bears unquestionably got robbed in that last punt when Knox ran it back. As poor as the offense performed in the majority of the game, that was the only difference in a 3 pt game.

Guest TerraTor

The only dumb move this team made with Hester was taking him away from being the most dominant ever. Was just an awful "decision"...

Hard to have forseen the kick return changed rules too. If Hester can put up a couple of TD returns, he'll be right back to adding at least 5 yards to every Bears possesion because of how teams will kick away from him. He's a better WR than I ever thought he'd be. Is our average 1st round pick better than Hester? Nah. Of course we badly needed 1st round picks after trading them all away, so that has to be considered too.

Hard to have forseen the kick return changed rules too. If Hester can put up a couple of TD returns, he'll be right back to adding at least 5 yards to every Bears possesion because of how teams will kick away from him. He's a better WR than I ever thought he'd be. Is our average 1st round pick better than Hester? Nah. Of course we badly needed 1st round picks after trading them all away, so that has to be considered too.

The other thing that having 0 first round picks forced the Bears to do was to spend money on Peppers.

The other thing that having 0 first round picks forced the Bears to do was to spend money on Peppers.

I'd never thought about that but you could be right. ...the idea that not having the highest draft pick slots meant JA knew the only way he was going to end up with a marquee end was to pay up. You know JA would've rather drafted a cheaper version of Peppers (and be convinced he'd be able to identify and draft such a guy) than pay for the real one. I'm not so sure myself but that's quite an indictment of JA for anyone who believes it.

Did you change your avatar about a year ago Balta? You're an admin with more posts than me, been on this forum almost two years longer than me, yet I remember thinking "Where'd that guy come from?" when I noticed you sometime not long ago.

Did you change your avatar about a year ago Balta? You're an admin with more posts than me, been on this forum almost two years longer than me, yet I remember thinking "Where'd that guy come from?" when I noticed you sometime not long ago.

I think I had my Christmas avatar up a disturbingly long time this year.