Panthers @ Bears, 10/2/11

balta1701-A

Loading the Box opens up the in-between pass on the 5 yard drop and occasionally the longer pass if the Bears can pass-protect. Next week they get Suh, which probably means there will be at least 1 dirty hit on Cutler, maybe more, but there's not much you can do about that.

The 2 things that will need to happen is that Cutler will need to perform well (ID quickly the open receiver and get rid of the ball) and the receivers will need to catch the balls when they get hit in the hands. If that happens, then let teams overload the line and the Bears will still beat them.

I hope you're right with the prediction, but what I could see happening just as easily is the New Orleans game redux.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever bud, you called me an idiot last week in the game thread. I responded with "no personal attacks please". And no the elevation did not begin on the other end. You are right about going way back, though. Why were your admin privileges taken away again? I know some of the mods love you and your snark so I wont expect anything.

Funny you bring that up. My admin privileges were not taken away...I volunteered to give them up on the old board.

Why? Because someone cried about me doing precisely what balta is talking about: Cleaning up a message board by being an admin. Someone posted a comment with political content; I edited it. I didn't take away any of the football content, but there were still cries of tyrant, fascist, freedom of speech, etc. All wrong.

When we transitioned to this board, the question never came up.

And just like normal, you either lie or fabricate information. It most certainly started on your end...don't make me look it up and destroy what little credibility you have, because deep down you know the truth.

Shite! The Boys are giving the Lions the game. We could be in trouble next Monday night.

Seriously, the Lions have played a game that they deserved to lose. They have not been impressive at all. They've been penalized like crazy. They haven't moved the ball well. Tony Romo has single-handedly put the Lions in this game.

Seriously, the Lions have played a game that they deserved to lose. They have not been impressive at all. They've been penalized like crazy. They haven't moved the ball well. Tony Romo has single-handedly put the Lions in this game.

But our D did not come to play. Will they show up next week?

But our D did not come to play. Will they show up next week?

The D has been MIA for much of the season since week 1. We are letting teams run and throw at will on us. Today the D did just enough late to help us win but they bent and broke nearly the whole game and gave up a garbage TD late. Last week they spotted GB 14 points then the offense picked up the task of sucking. We've seen next to no pass rush since week 1. Lack of pass rush has made our secondary issues more glaring. The strong suit of our team is not pulling it's weight. Sure they had the pick 6, but outside that not much notable good. Poor tackling, poor coverage, poor pass rush.