No $hit!!!

BearsFan1974

"You try to minimize the amount of bad plays you have in succession. So, that's what we are trying to do with Frank. We are trying to keep his bad plays to sporadic, as opposed to back to back."

Translation: "We know Frank sucks at football...so our new strategy is to spread out his awfulness over longer periods of time, instead of having his ineptitude be so concentrated". Hahahaha. I don't get why they just don't cut this loser. Hasn't he proven time and time again that he's the worst offensive lineman in football?

Translation: "We know Frank sucks at football...so our new strategy is to spread out his awfulness over longer periods of time, instead of having his ineptitude be so concentrated". Hahahaha. I don't get why they just don't cut this loser. Hasn't he proven time and time again that he's the worst offensive lineman in football?

I can't believe Tice actually said that out loud.

I'm a little confused on this thread. I read the article and I believe the quote was " At some point guys need to start earning their paychecks." So I'm trying to findout what he said that was such hot button to spur this thread.The article I read had mostly coach speak in it and didn't really pinpoint specific information that would get a rise from me.

So please explain what he said that rubbed you wrong.

Usually a coach works to eliminate mistakes. With OmidoIhavetoblockhim we have to eliminate consecutive mistakes so we have a shot at a first down each series of downs.

Big game for Lance Louis. I've quietly grown into fan of his as he has worked his way up the roster in a blue-collar fashion. I see him getting better each week. Now I want to see him mano-a-mano against Suh.

I'm a little confused on this thread. I read the article and I believe the quote was " At some point guys need to start earning their paychecks." So I'm trying to findout what he said that was such hot button to spur this thread.The article I read had mostly coach speak in it and didn't really pinpoint specific information that would get a rise from me.

So please explain what he said that rubbed you wrong.

And I'm confused what you're talking about. Tice not so subtly trashing Frank is a big deal...in a good way. That the Oline has big troubles is probably what BearsFan1974 meant about Tice needing to earn his pay too. Obviously it's hard to judge Tice because what he's been tasked with is so difficult, but it's there's nothing confusing about people not being sold on him until his line gets it together consistently. That's pretty much it. I'm not sure about any wrong way rubbings.

And I'm confused what you're talking about. Tice not so subtly trashing Frank is a big deal...in a good way. That the Oline has big troubles is probably what BearsFan1974 meant about Tice needing to earn his pay too. Obviously it's hard to judge Tice because what he's been tasked with is so difficult, but it's there's nothing confusing about people not being sold on him until his line gets it together consistently. That's pretty much it. I'm not sure about any wrong way rubbings.

I'm good with holding Tice accountable but you kind of backed me up by saying what Tice has been asked to do is hard. Why is that because he has been given 2 7th rounders, a OG moved to center one first rounder who is playing a new position and another first rounder who is doing a Marc Colombo impersonation injury-wise. What i read from his quote is that he was trying to not call out one of his players and saying that he was trying to minimize his mistakes. Taking him out of the last game was an excellent way of minimizing his mistakes and him watching a player who never played his position do better than he did speaks volumes to all of us but I don't read him saying Omiyale sucks,that was one poster taking a quote and giving his opinion about it. Now don't get me wrong Frank Omiyale does suck and he should have never made this roster but, you can see that Lovie's influence on how the staff is going to comment in the media is starting to take shape. When Marts projected what he thought Williams would do in his offense and demoted Knox with no games being played and how he never trashed Knox and now he isn't trashing Williams even though in critical situations an undrafted free agent is on the field and he is not.

Yeah, lots of things to consider. Too many. The only thing I know is no one gets an attaboy for not being terrible.

And remember that Tice got a lot of credit for the line's decent performance in the last third of 2010, so I don't think fans are all geared up just to be unfairly demanding.

Anyway, last week was a good performance. I don't think Cutler's 8 incomplete passes and 1 sack say too much about the Oline save for Frank, and we know about the run game's success, so let's see if they can keep it up.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...rn-their-checks

Great observation...maybe Tice should too!!!

I really can't see how anyone could make a case that TIce hasn't done a good job. He's made the most of crap and in fact, we have already seen some solid developments out of Webb and Williams. At times when I watch Webb I see a guy that is a total beast. Problem is he isn't consistent but the problem with our line has nothing to do with Tice. In fact, I think our line, when healthy, is actually a lot better than people think. Our problem is the boob calling plays and the fact that his plays take forever to develop and he doesn't mix-up the playcalling enough. This offense is built to be a power rushing offense. We have two above average backs (Forte & Barber) and a pretty strong offensive line from a run blocking perspective (our line is pretty big and physical when healthy). I might be crazy though, haha.

Not crazy at all, we're built to run the ball. Add in Carimi who is an excellent run blocker, and Louis apparently already has more pancakes than any other Oline on the roster. On top of that we have two solid run blocking TEs in Spaeth and Davis.

I really can't see how anyone could make a case that TIce hasn't done a good job. He's made the most of crap and in fact, we have already seen some solid developments out of Webb and Williams. At times when I watch Webb I see a guy that is a total beast. Problem is he isn't consistent but the problem with our line has nothing to do with Tice. In fact, I think our line, when healthy, is actually a lot better than people think. Our problem is the boob calling plays and the fact that his plays take forever to develop and he doesn't mix-up the playcalling enough. This offense is built to be a power rushing offense. We have two above average backs (Forte & Barber) and a pretty strong offensive line from a run blocking perspective (our line is pretty big and physical when healthy). I might be crazy though, haha.

Look like Tarzan, play like Jane. I sure hope you mean they "look" like a pretty strong offensive line from a run blocking perspective, because other than the last game, their performance doesn't support that statement.

Agree!!!!