Peppers' status

Alaskan Grizzly

I like Reed's motor. But he just isn't up to snuff. How about the 2nd round non-dressing pick of Paea?

Peppers has been on vacation all year anyways so it probably wouldn't matter if he was out there or not. I'd give Mario Addison a shot since Nick Reed is next to useless as a DE and Corey Wooton can't seem to get out of his own way to stay healthy.

Peppers has been on vacation all year anyways so it probably wouldn't matter if he was out there or not. I'd give Mario Addison a shot since Nick Reed is next to useless as a DE and Corey Wooton can't seem to get out of his own way to stay healthy.

Has Peppers been on vacation, or has the system and coaching limited him? It's not like he had a ton of talent around him in Carolina, but he seemed to put up ridiculous stats. Now in Chicago he has much better talent around him, but the stats diminish. Double digit sacks pretty much every year before he came to the Bears. And it's not like he wasn't being double-teamed before coming to Chicago.

I'm convinced the Bears' coaches ask the DEs to rush to the outside 99% of the time, and probably tell them that containment of the outside edge is more important than pressuring the QB. To the cover-2 coaches, the DTs are supposed to cause pressure when the DEs shorten the length of the pocket. The problem is (if they are doing anything like that), it severely limits an athletic freak like Peppers to just go out there and beat his man.

The only things that have changed are the city, the teammates, the field, and the coaches. I don't think the city has anything to do with it and the teammates are improved. Since he's not racking up sacks during away games, I can't blame Soldier Field's sod. So pretty much all that's left is the coaches.

We don't coach up. We coach down.

Has Peppers been on vacation, or has the system and coaching limited him? It's not like he had a ton of talent around him in Carolina, but he seemed to put up ridiculous stats. Now in Chicago he has much better talent around him, but the stats diminish. Double digit sacks pretty much every year before he came to the Bears. And it's not like he wasn't being double-teamed before coming to Chicago.

I'm convinced the Bears' coaches ask the DEs to rush to the outside 99% of the time, and probably tell them that containment of the outside edge is more important than pressuring the QB. To the cover-2 coaches, the DTs are supposed to cause pressure when the DEs shorten the length of the pocket. The problem is (if they are doing anything like that), it severely limits an athletic freak like Peppers to just go out there and beat his man.

The only things that have changed are the city, the teammates, the field, and the coaches. I don't think the city has anything to do with it and the teammates are improved. Since he's not racking up sacks during away games, I can't blame Soldier Field's sod. So pretty much all that's left is the coaches.