Pay the Man!!!!

Wesson44

A source inside of Halas Hall as confirmed that the Chicago Bears and Matt Forte have reopened negotiations on a new contract. It was the Bears that approached the Forte camp and wants to get something worked out before next Monday night’s game against the Eagles. Details of the offer aren’t available, but it is supposed to be a significant move towards Forte’s demands. The Bears have indicated that Forte may be franchise tagged if nothing can be resolved, but both sides want to avoid this measure.

Here's hoping!

A source inside of Halas Hall as confirmed that the Chicago Bears and Matt Forte have reopened negotiations on a new contract. It was the Bears that approached the Forte camp and wants to get something worked out before next Monday night’s game against the Eagles. Details of the offer aren’t available, but it is supposed to be a significant move towards Forte’s demands. The Bears have indicated that Forte may be franchise tagged if nothing can be resolved, but both sides want to avoid this measure.

Linky?

Guest TerraTor

Personally I don't feel the guy is out of line at all. Sure, you would rather he be silent, but he's nothing like the other clowns out there...

Chris Johnson - His original tweet: "Can these fake Titan fans STFU on my timeline I don't have a regular job so don't compare me to you and I can care less if uthink I'm greedy" was followed by a couple of explanation tweets

- Not to mention a hold out in which he obviously did nothing to stay in shape....

Peyton Hillis - not only a one-year wonder, but i never heard of the guy prior to '10 (at least cared to). And with the poor performances, "strep throat", and injury consistent crying over his future with Browns.... gimme a break

Matty has made it clear he wants a deal thru the media and even more so on the field...

Personally I don't feel the guy is out of line at all. Sure, you would rather he be silent, but he's nothing like the other clowns out there...

Chris Johnson - His original tweet: "Can these fake Titan fans STFU on my timeline I don't have a regular job so don't compare me to you and I can care less if uthink I'm greedy" was followed by a couple of explanation tweets

- Not to mention a hold out in which he obviously did nothing to stay in shape....

Peyton Hillis - not only a one-year wonder, but i never heard of the guy prior to '10 (at least cared to). And with the poor performances, "strep throat", and injury consistent crying over his future with Browns.... gimme a break

Matty has made it clear he wants a deal thru the media and even more so on the field...

TT Hillis kind of followed the same path as Roger Craig( Nebraska) as a blocking back that got to the league and blossomed.He was at Arkansas with Felix Jones and Darren McFadden. This was similar to what was at Auburn when they had Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Anderson and Brandon Jacobs at the same time but Jacobs seeking playing time transferred to Southern Illinois.

Guest TerraTor
TT Hillis kind of followed the same path as Roger Craig( Nebraska) as a blocking back that got to the league and blossomed.He was at Arkansas with Felix Jones and Darren McFadden. This was similar to what was at Auburn when they had Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Anderson and Brandon Jacobs at the same time but Jacobs seeking playing time transferred to Southern Illinois.

yes thank you. I know where he's from. I meant never heard of him "stats wise" until 2010....

yes thank you. I know where he's from. I meant never heard of him "stats wise" until 2010....

You don't remember when he got his chance in Denver because of injury and tore it up similar to a lot of backs Denver has drafted as an after thought? That is how he actually got a decent FA deal with Cleveland.In Denver he didn't play the full season so his stats may not have registered but I believe his yards per carry made him a late fantasy pick up late that season. A lot of the hype about Hillis is fantasy based.

Seriously - Linky? Nothing in the trib, nothing in the times, and PFW says there are no negotiations going on currently.

I'd like to believe it, but need corroboration.

I'm thinking there is some benefit for the team to get a deal done this year. They have 18-20 mil to spend for a reason. I'm thinking they can use that money this year and it won't count against next??? LT, if you are still following the post, can you expound?

According to Philly.com, the deadline for players to have their salaries pushed partially onto this year's cap number is November 14th. Thus, if the Bears could reach an extension agreement with him by that date, they could put some of the money onto this year's available cap space.

Seriously - Linky? Nothing in the trib, nothing in the times, and PFW says there are no negotiations going on currently.

ESPN doesn't say that negotiations restarted...but it's interesting to see that they ran the "Franchise tag" article today citing an internal Bears source. That might well mean that there are some rumblings happening.

I have no idea who the Hell this guy is...so don't blame me if he's lying.

I'm thinking there is some benefit for the team to get a deal done this year. They have 18-20 mil to spend for a reason. I'm thinking they can use that money this year and it won't count against next??? LT, if you are still following the post, can you expound?

Sure. I agree that it makes sense to get a deal done before the deadline for using cap space this year, I'm just questioning whether they are actually discussing anything right now during the bye week. The way Wesson started the thread, it seemed like he was quoting something. I'd just like to know what he was quoting because I've found nothing similar from the usual suspects that would be in a position to have this sort of inside info.

I HOPE they can get something done, but it's looking like Forte is going to want more than the Bears can justify right now when the Franchise tag is a less expensive alternative.

Bears have clearly made it known they'll go the franchise tag route next year. Seems to me this is part of the negotiating process on this one and there's a reason all this chatter is showing up now....the Bears would like to get a deal done and take the big cap hit this year. Leaves them a known budget to re-sign the other FA they'll have.