Go to the game in Oakland or not?

jason

I'm weighing the pros and cons of going to the game in Oakland while on vacation.

PRO

Get to see the Bears

CON

Cost

Potential for losing to a good Raiders team

Horrible Raider fans potentially throwing things at me or pouring beer on me

Care to weigh in?

I'm weighing the pros and cons of going to the game in Oakland while on vacation.

PRO

Get to see the Bears

CON

Cost

Care to weigh in?

Go to the game. I went to a Raiders-Bears game, back in 1990 or 91. Pe-season in L.A. Bad part of town, but the Raiders fans my family met were very nice. Sure there are dumb arses everywhere, but just be smart and you should have a great time.

Guest TerraTor
Go to the game. I went to a Raiders-Bears game, back in 1990 or 91. Pe-season in L.A. Bad part of town, but the Raiders fans my family met were very nice. Sure there are dumb arses everywhere, but just be smart and you should have a great time.

I was there in 2007. Had a good time... fans arnt a problem

If you got the opportunity to do it go for it. I'm positive you won't be the only Bear fan in the stadium and Raider fans are more about their team than anything else.I hope you go and have a great time.Plus after Flea helped us to victory in London maybe you can bring that karma to Oakland.

My buddy took his daughter to a Raider game. The guy next to him got knifed. In the stadium.

I'd pass...

It's much more fun in Chicago...

PRO

Get to see the Bears

CON

Cost

Care to weigh in?

Odds are you will be fine.

Over the years, I simply have found that I far more enjoy being in an environment with more like minded people. Nothing tops being at Soldier... I would save the money, save up for a trip to Chicago, and go to a game there. But, that's just me.

I've seen the Bears play in San Diego, Arizona, and Anaheim (back when the Rams were still in LA). I personally never had any problems other than one time in SD in 2006 when Mike Brown got hurt and some drunk SD fan was being an ass about it. But, his fellow Chargers fans shut him up eventually.

It still is fun. But, to me, nothing beats the fun in Chicago!

I say go. I've been to Bears games in Indy, Seattle, and Charlotte, and opposing fans were never a problem. I understand Raiders fans are a whole different animal; Mad Lith has told his story before. But, if you don't get to see the Bears live much, go while you can.

PRO

Get to see the Bears

CON

Cost

Care to weigh in?

I don't know but the Raiders have probably the scariest fan base next to the eagles and steelers. I personally I would fear for your personal safety. I think Sons of Anarchy are Raiders fans....