Bears @ Eagles, 11/7/11

balta1701-A

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monsters of the midway are in for a tough one tonight. We'll know pretty quickly if the D is up to the challenge of keeping that offense reasonably in check, and whether Cutler wets the bed on a Monday night with overthrows and rash decisions.

I'm hoping for a good game, a close game, where the Bears are in it till the end. But I'm still not buying that Philly is an elite team, so there's a part of me that wouldn't be surprised if the story line is that the Chicago Bears came to town and laid the wood to the dream team, solidifying their position for a WC spot and sending a message to the league that they will have to be reckoned with. Baltimore did it last night; Chicago needs to do it tonight.

I'm on the west coast, so game times don't bother me at all. I just care about winning the games! :P

I don't really mind 3:05/3:15 games. It's the road SNF and MNF that kill me, especially when they're coming off of byes. Since their last game, (if I'm counting correctly) the Bears haven't played a game in 15 days. UGH

Vegas currently has the spread at between 7.5 and 8.5 Eagle fav's.

http://www.vegas.com/gaming/

Every writer at the Trib has picked Philly to win. Most, soundly.

This simply does not bode well.

However, as I mentioned in a previous post...

1. We tend to do well after byes

2. We play Vick very well

3. We play Philly very well recently

4. We are rested and healthier

5. The pressure is on them

6. We run the ball well

I'm honestly not sure what to expect.

All I know is I will be cheering our Bears on!

Go Bears!

Peppers is going to have to dominate that offensive line tonight in order to win. The key is to make them a one dimensional team. Our team is built to play with a lead so it's important to get on top early in the game so we can establish the run and let Forte run all over them.

The interior needs to play well against the run also.