There is your season

Connorbear

Why wasn't an inside run called? Why did the Barbarian not have the presence of mind to simply fall down? That was the season. No reason to bring back Cutler now unless he can play at Green Bay but that's not going to happen.

I agree with Noots, they will not win another game.

Peace :dabears

I know hindsight is 20/20, but after the Oakland game we really should have brought in another QB. Hanie has been in this system as long as Cutler, so there is no way he should be this bad just because of the system. He was clearly not prepared to play and was just sucking up a salary on the sidelines, basically free money.

People may ask who, I would have tried any veteran over Hanie. Bulger maybe, and after the KC game, why not try McNabb? It is not like Hanie did anything with a complex playbook, and statistically I believe he is the worst QB to start a game this season. We couldn't get any worse. So strip it down and bring in a vet who knows how to run an offense.

Lastly, besides exposing how bad Hanie is, it also shows how good Cutler actually is. I hope he gets more respect and credit now.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but after the Oakland game we really should have brought in another QB. Hanie has been in this system as long as Cutler, so there is no way he should be this bad just because of the system. He was clearly not prepared to play and was just sucking up a salary on the sidelines, basically free money.

People may ask who, I would have tried any veteran over Hanie. Bulger maybe, and after the KC game, why not try McNabb? It is not like Hanie did anything with a complex playbook, and statistically I believe he is the worst QB to start a game this season. We couldn't get any worse. So strip it down and bring in a vet who knows how to run an offense.

Lastly, besides exposing how bad Hanie is, it also shows how good Cutler actually is. I hope he gets more respect and credit now.

Hanie probably had his best week this week. While that's not saying much, and he probably should have done better (2 prev starts already) than he did, he managed the game just the way he needed to. No dumb passes, no unnecessary turnovers, and to take sacks instead of chancing a completion. I think his job today was pretty decent, much like Orton played in 05. Manage the ball, let the run game and the defense win the game for you, as they almost did.

I'm still peeved over how they lost this one, don't get me wrong.

This game makes me sick...'

It awful, we all deserve better

Hanie probably had his best week this week. While that's not saying much, and he probably should have done better (2 prev starts already) than he did, he managed the game just the way he needed to. No dumb passes, no unnecessary turnovers, and to take sacks instead of chancing a completion. I think his job today was pretty decent, much like Orton played in 05. Manage the ball, let the run game and the defense win the game for you, as they almost did.

I'm still peeved over how they lost this one, don't get me wrong.

It's not hindsight if others said the same thing. Give yourself some credit. I absolutely was in favor of bringing in McNabb when Cutler went down. And I mentioned bringing in Garcia before the season even started. Both scenarios were entirely possible, but they wanted to stick with Hanie and Enderle.

It's not hindsight if others said the same thing. Give yourself some credit. I absolutely was in favor of bringing in McNabb when Cutler went down. And I mentioned bringing in Garcia before the season even started. Both scenarios were entirely possible, but they wanted to stick with Hanie and Enderle.

Jason, very true. I just hope we learn from this and have a veteran as a backup next year with the project QB as the 3rd stringer. Its pretty ironic that our last two seasons essentially ended with a Cutler injury. Seems pretty obvious what our needs our this offseason. I would like to see some O-Line and WR's brought in via Free Agency and the draft. Knox will be the only receiver with over 500 yards and 40 receptions. That is pretty sad. Forte is going to miss a bunch of games and still lead the team in receptions and will be second in receiving yards.

That makes Cutler look even better. He has been basically throwing to the worst receiving corps in the league behind the worst offensive line in the league.

Jason, very true. I just hope we learn from this and have a veteran as a backup next year with the project QB as the 3rd stringer. Its pretty ironic that our last two seasons essentially ended with a Cutler injury. Seems pretty obvious what our needs our this offseason. I would like to see some O-Line and WR's brought in via Free Agency and the draft. Knox will be the only receiver with over 500 yards and 40 receptions. That is pretty sad. Forte is going to miss a bunch of games and still lead the team in receptions and will be second in receiving yards.

I think that the Bears are basically set on "Starting level O-Linemen". Webb, C. Williams, Garza, Louis, and Carimi is a very solid line setup with a ton of youth and athleticism, and they're only going to get better with time. The Bears do have a need for an extra backup tackle, since moving Louis outside is only a stopgap and Omifail should never, ever, ever play in the NFL again. Finding a better OL than any of those guys would take a major investment and I'm not sure you'll find that on the FA market anyway. Very few teams would be able to overcome losing 2 starting O-Linemen for the season, and the Bears shouldn't be any different in that regard; they just need extra depth at the tackle spot and to remove Omiyale.

The Bears are pretty darn desperate for a top talent receiver, even if he takes a while to grow into the system. Bennett looks like a solid second option, and guys like Knox and Hester can fill a role, but they can't be counted on as top flight guys. That's the Bears' biggest need this offseason, aside from "having guys get healthy again".