Jerry Gone

aalonsoj

I dont like Lovie being forced on anyone either...but that decision could be made (and quite frankly might have been made here) by the owner. It's messed up but isn't really an issue tied to having a person in the pecking order between the GM and owner. Its just a bad decision being made by this organization.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. Exactly...

Who cares if Ted is the next guy above the GM? Usually thats an owner...and they are not generally football people either. I don't get the drama over this point. The concept is hope that the ownership/decision-maker gets it right by hiring a football guy with a clue to run the football side.

because "Ted" is the guy that set the parameters of this into motion.

1. lovie stays so the gm, whomever he might be, has to like it or leave it.

2. lovie smith stays the coach even IF a future gm thinks there are better options available.

3. lovie smith is involved in the process of who we choose as our gm.

i'm sorry, but they have limited our choices from who would be the best GM to which GM is willing to work with a lame-duck coach he may not like or agree with in philosophy on the direction he wishes our team to take.

"TED" also has limited WHO this GM can or should draft right out of the gate AND who he is going to find as assistants to work in this system. it appears the lame-duck head coach at this point has as much if not MORE control of this franchise than our new GM.

so how many candidates with a clue will fit into that scenario?

But all of those decisions have been endorsed by ownership. I'm certain of it. So, again, who cares? I mean, if your point is they should've fired Teddy too, fine. But they didn't so whether the new GM reports to the owner or Ted doesn't f'ing matter. They think he's the cat's meow.

I dont like Lovie being forced on anyone either...but that decision could be made (and quite frankly might have been made here) by the owner. It's messed up but isn't really an issue tied to having a person in the pecking order between the GM and owner. Its just a bad decision being made by this organization.

ok, the only question remains then...

is curious george mccaskey a complete idiot and ted phillips is only a human punching bag with a meaningless title?

or

is teddy, the brain, phillips running this carnival sideshow and HE is the complete idiot (which makes curious george even stupider for letting this guy do it)?

or

god help us, is virginia the REAL brains running this franchise and curious george is just a useless lump of sedentary flesh posing as some kind of amoeboid protozoan parasitic extension of her football knowledge?........

Phillips also went out of the way to emphasize that the decision to fire Angelo was his, and that he received approval from McCaskey's mother Virginia before he brought the ax down.

Chicagoist: http://chicagoist.com/2012/01/04/bears_tal...angelo_firi.php

I think it's option 3...

ok, the only question remains then...

is curious george mccaskey a complete idiot and ted phillips is only a human punching bag with a meaningless title?

or

is teddy, the brain, phillips running this carnival sideshow and HE is the complete idiot (which makes curious george even stupider for letting this guy do it)?

or

god help us, is virginia the REAL brains running this franchise and curious george is just a useless lump of sedentary flesh posing as some kind of amoeboid protozoan parasitic extension of her football knowledge?........