Reggie McKenzie interviewing with Raiders

GakMan23

Raiders | To interview Reggie McKenzie for GM job

Wed, 04 Jan 2012 07:29:14 -0800

Green Bay Packers director of football operations Reggie McKenzie is expected to interview for the Oakland Raiders general manager position Wednesday, Jan. 4, according to a source.

Hopefully the Bears don't sit on their hands and at least interview him to see if he has what it takes. Though I am concerned if Ted would even know what right looks like. After all he doesn't have his hiring firm telling him what to think this time.

Raiders | To interview Reggie McKenzie for GM job

Wed, 04 Jan 2012 07:29:14 -0800

Green Bay Packers director of football operations Reggie McKenzie is expected to interview for the Oakland Raiders general manager position Wednesday, Jan. 4, according to a source.

Hopefully the Bears don't sit on their hands and at least interview him to see if he has what it takes. Though I am concerned if Ted would even know what right looks like. After all he doesn't have his hiring firm telling him what to think this time.

This is one of the names that i am interested in. Now it is soley based on what i have heard from espn and the score. Does anyone have any idea on how much say he had in the draft for GB?

Ted mentioned in his presser that they already have a list, i hope they get moving on that list quickly!! I would think the Bears would be a more interesting destination then Oakland, Oak has new coach that most likely wont be fired with the hire of a new GM.

Reggie's daughter goes to Wheaton College- 30 to 45 mis away from Lake Forest instead of being 6 hours away from Oak. If the Bears want him i would think we could get him.

Reggie also has a good relationship with Lovie as well which also could be in the favor of the Bears!

This is one of the names that i am interested in. Now it is soley based on what i have heard from espn and the score. Does anyone have any idea on how much say he had in the draft for GB?

Ted mentioned in his presser that they already have a list, i hope they get moving on that list quickly!! I would think the Bears would be a more interesting destination then Oakland, Oak has new coach that most likely wont be fired with the hire of a new GM.

Reggie's daughter goes to Wheaton College- 30 to 45 mis away from Lake Forest instead of being 6 hours away from Oak. If the Bears want him i would think we could get him.

Reggie also has a good relationship with Lovie as well which also could be in the favor of the Bears!

I agree. The Raiders don't have many draft picks this year to entice a new GM. Plus Reggie I believe worked under Ron Wolf as well as Ted Thompson. He also oversees their scouting department on all levels. So he has had alot of good examples to reference from past experience in those systems.

I agree. The Raiders don't have many draft picks this year to entice a new GM. Plus Reggie I believe worked under Ron Wolf as well as Ted Thompson. So he has had alot of good examples to reference from past experience in those systems.

No doubt working under Wolf and Thompson should have paid off huge in knowing the correct way to run a franchise!

I'm sure they Bears will probably interview him, not only because he's a logical candidate but also because of the Rooney rule.

Hub on the Score talked about, with his kids in school he doesnt want to leave the area to disrupt there lives. He use to play for the Raiders, but Chicago is a 4 hour drive, so would be an ideal stop. He wants to be a GM and a perfect spot to land.

How the freak do the raiders already have this guy locked in???!!!! The raiders are a freakin joke. Read what Ron wolf said about him.

Good for him and good for the Raiders.

He had an immediate job offer and didn't want to wait for another one. It's a shame he doesn't have a high pick for a few years.