Jeff Fisher keeping eye on things in Chicago

GakMan23

This is a tease of epic proportions! Darn you Jensen! This will never happen, but if only! If only!

But there is some truth to it...there's nothing that says Smith is safe other than the lying mouths of the Bears management who have lied before...

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012/01/re...as_eyes_fo.html

Truly how safe is Lovie, who is coming in as GM, and what kind of coaching staff they want in place. Things are going to be interesting in Chicago this offseason.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012/01/re...as_eyes_fo.html

Truly how safe is Lovie, who is coming in as GM, and what kind of coaching staff they want in place? Things are going to be interesting in Chicago this offseason.

Lovie Smith needs a 10 win + season next year. It'd take somebody coming in who has a great reputation on their own to be able to move Smith out of the way this year, but next year will be Smith's next evaluation year.

Of course, that usually means the Bears will have a stellar season next year, earning Lovie a contract extension. So, you can either be happy about the Bears having a great season or angry that it earns lovie an extension. Because that keeps happening.

Lovie Smith needs a 10 win + season next year. It'd take somebody coming in who has a great reputation on their own to be able to move Smith out of the way this year, but next year will be Smith's next evaluation year.

Of course, that usually means the Bears will have a stellar season next year, earning Lovie a contract extension. So, you can either be happy about the Bears having a great season or angry that it earns lovie an extension. Because that keeps happening.

Do we all agree that JA has failed as a GM???? I think so, Lovie has not done that bad with the talent he has been given. Now the only question i have is how much say did Lovie have on draft picks?? Either Zac or Hub have said that Lovie was the reason for a couple of draft picks ie Ban Bazuin(one of the worst picks in the last 10 years). If Lovie was the reason then he needs to be taken out of the Draft day decisions.

If the new Gm brings in some real talent and Lovie fails then get him out of here.

It's groundhog day....

Do we all agree that JA has failed as a GM???? I think so, Lovie has not done that bad with the talent he has been given. Now the only question i have is how much say did Lovie have on draft picks?? Either Zac or Hub have said that Lovie was the reason for a couple of draft picks ie Ban Bazuin(one of the worst picks in the last 10 years). If Lovie was the reason then he needs to be taken out of the Draft day decisions.

If the new Gm brings in some real talent and Lovie fails then get him out of here.

Totally agree. Lovie has somehow made us work to a point with crap players. I think Lovie will be here next year and the year after as much as I hate to say it. It will take at least two huge years in the draft and free agency before we can judge the new GM. If Lovie can't make the GM's decisions work, then he HAS to go.

This is what I don't like. If Lovie has just one more year, you should have fired him. They better have kept him because they believe he is one of the better coaches in the league and assume he'll figure things out and get extended. If not, we are going to be firing our coach a year from now and on the verge of bringing in yet another OC (unless we give this OC a big time contract; problem is, if you do that, what coach is going to come in knowing they are tied to an existing OC?).