CUTLER to get new helmet

Lucky Luciano

NFL commissioner holds press conference:

ROGER GOODELL - "After reviewing the situation in Chicago last season, in which the Bears sideline rarely didn't call a timeout trying to get in an offensive play to their quarterback, the league has decide to allow an unprecedented TWO headsets in Chicago Bear quarterback Jay Cutler's helmet. Since it appears he will be at a league disadvantage by having a "running offensive coordinator" AND a "passing offensive coordinator" we feel it only fair that Cutler can hear both coordinators at the same time in stereo."

"That said, we expect Cutler will be allowed to tell one of the coordinators to F*#@% off if he doesn't like his particular call."

Is this a joke or true? Seems it could go either way!

ROGER GOODELL - "After reviewing the situation in Chicago last season, in which the Bears sideline rarely didn't call a timeout trying to get in an offensive play to their quarterback, the league has decide to allow an unprecedented TWO headsets in Chicago Bear quarterback Jay Cutler's helmet. Since it appears he will be at a league disadvantage by having a "running offensive coordinator" AND a "passing offensive coordinator" we feel it only fair that Cutler can hear both coordinators at the same time in stereo."

"That said, we expect Cutler will be allowed to tell one of the coordinators to F*#@% off if he doesn't like his particular call."

As it worked in AZ (and got them to a Superbowl)....run game coordinator helps put together the package of running plays that will work against a given defense, make recommendations about what will work best. Passing game coordinator does the same for pass plays. OC meets with his staff early in the week to build the package of plays they plan to use during the upcoming game. OC calls plays during the game based off that week's cheat sheet.

The OC isn't going to hire a guy who doesn't agree with him philosophically, or at least he shouldn't. I see nothing wrong with this and in fact Tice more or less played the run game coordinator for Martz and it worked out well. If a coordinator has a guy on his staff who has expertise in a particular area like the passing game, why shouldn't that OC leverage that knowledge and use it to build his game plan?

What I would like to know is, with this new helmet, will the fans be able to hear Jay Cutler tell the OC's to F*#@% off in Stereo or in HD Surround Sound?

What I would like to know is, with this new helmet, will the fans be able to hear Jay Cutler tell the OC's to F*#@% off in Stereo or in HD Surround Sound?

ROGER GOODDELL in a statement to the Associated Press stated: "The Chicago Bears plan on using state-of-the-art 1960's drive-in technology with this cutting edge communications device. All fans should be able to tune in to FM 106 on their car radio to hear simultaneous play calls and Cutler's responses."

"Also of note", Gooddell stated, "when the Patriots play the Bears, Ted Phillips, the Chicago brain trust, says the Bears plan to broadcast on a different FM frequency to confuse Coach Bill Belichick in case he happens to be listening in. So be ready to spin your dial when the Patriots come to town Bear fans!"

As it worked in AZ (and got them to a Superbowl)....run game coordinator helps put together the package of running plays that will work against a given defense, make recommendations about what will work best. Passing game coordinator does the same for pass plays. OC meets with his staff early in the week to build the package of plays they plan to use during the upcoming game. OC calls plays during the game based off that week's cheat sheet.

The OC isn't going to hire a guy who doesn't agree with him philosophically, or at least he shouldn't. I see nothing wrong with this and in fact Tice more or less played the run game coordinator for Martz and it worked out well. If a coordinator has a guy on his staff who has expertise in a particular area like the passing game, why shouldn't that OC leverage that knowledge and use it to build his game plan?

You need to post more. I almost always agree with your perspective and I think this pass coordinator will allow the Bears to hire an exciting young name with some potential and upside. This will put the Bears in position to promote him to OC in the future if Tice succeeds and eventually gets another HC job.

Note: All of that is major ifs and is dependent on the club suceeding but I believe in Lovie and I think the Bears are going to have a great off-season. I think this team has a lot of potential and a big reason is I think we will address LT and WR and we'll see continued development in the oline to the point that this team is going to have a few year stretch of dominate oline play (not saying it will be as early as next year, but it will happen).

They will have to figure out a way to infuse young talent into this defense. The big areas of concern aren't safety, where Conte looks to have some nice potential (we'll see what Wright ends up doing), but DE and LB. I'm okay with our talent at the tackle position with Melton/Paea.

You need to post more. I almost always agree with your perspective and I think this pass coordinator will allow the Bears to hire an exciting young name with some potential and upside. This will put the Bears in position to promote him to OC in the future if Tice succeeds and eventually gets another HC job.

Note: All of that is major ifs and is dependent on the club suceeding but I believe in Lovie and I think the Bears are going to have a great off-season. I think this team has a lot of potential and a big reason is I think we will address LT and WR and we'll see continued development in the oline to the point that this team is going to have a few year stretch of dominate oline play (not saying it will be as early as next year, but it will happen).

They will have to figure out a way to infuse young talent into this defense. The big areas of concern aren't safety, where Conte looks to have some nice potential (we'll see what Wright ends up doing), but DE and LB. I'm okay with our talent at the tackle position with Melton/Paea.

Thanks. I agree on Conte...I was very impressed with how well our deep coverage improved with him out there. When he went out with an injury it was night and day on the defense. Not saying he was playing at a Pro Bowl level, he didn't and he made his share of mistakes but it's the first time in a years I've seen a player back there that looked like he belonged. His speed was nice change compared to all the slower players we've had back there in the last decade. Consider that he had only played FS for one year in college and then the fact he had no offseason with the Bears and a shortened preseason to learn his new job and I think he did well. I have more concern with Major Wright, can he stay healthy and can he stop missing so many tackles but I do think we can win with both of these guys.

We really need some speed off the edge at DE. Izzy isn't the answer although he's a solid player. If Wooten had his speed back then he's definitely not the answer. I have no idea how much his knee injury set him back but he was never known for his quickness. DTs should improve with Paea back of his knee injury and Melton in year 2 of being fulltime DT and having a full year to settle into that new playing weight.

Unlike most LB is very high on my priority list. We made it through the season but we need to get some good young talent on board to get ready for the future without Briggs and Urlacher. Among JA's failure list was the fact he can't draft LBs.

Thanks. I agree on Conte...I was very impressed with how well our deep coverage improved with him out there. When he went out with an injury it was night and day on the defense. Not saying he was playing at a Pro Bowl level, he didn't and he made his share of mistakes but it's the first time in a years I've seen a player back there that looked like he belonged. His speed was nice change compared to all the slower players we've had back there in the last decade. Consider that he had only played FS for one year in college and then the fact he had no offseason with the Bears and a shortened preseason to learn his new job and I think he did well. I have more concern with Major Wright, can he stay healthy and can he stop missing so many tackles but I do think we can win with both of these guys.

We really need some speed off the edge at DE. Izzy isn't the answer although he's a solid player. If Wooten had his speed back then he's definitely not the answer. I have no idea how much his knee injury set him back but he was never known for his quickness. DTs should improve with Paea back of his knee injury and Melton in year 2 of being fulltime DT and having a full year to settle into that new playing weight.

Unlike most LB is very high on my priority list. We made it through the season but we need to get some good young talent on board to get ready for the future without Briggs and Urlacher. Among JA's failure list was the fact he can't draft LBs.

I agree with this for the most part.

FS - Conte is something I can live with. I didn't think he did poorly.

DE - Izzy isn't the answer. He's too inconsistent. Some games he's a beast, and then he disappears for a month.

LB - I don't think this is as big of a need. I think LB is the easiest defensive position to draft, the fill, and to coach. The guys in there now are good for another few years, and when they're done it shouldn't be too difficult to find good players to fill in. Maybe not an Urlacher kind of player, but close enough to do the job well.

I agree with this for the most part.

LB - I don't think this is as big of a need. I think LB is the easiest defensive position to draft, the fill, and to coach. The guys in there now are good for another few years, and when they're done it shouldn't be too difficult to find good players to fill in. Maybe not an Urlacher kind of player, but close enough to do the job well.

On drafting LBs...even though it might have been unintentional that's one of the best backhanded slaps against JA's drafts I've ever seen. How many times did he fail to find decent mid-round talent at LB?