Ross interviewed today...

madlithuanian

Ross, Raye, or Emery all seem like good guys. I don't want the Licht guy. He's never been in a draft room.

I agree with the comment on Licht. Raye seems just OK to me. Ross on the other hand has worked with the Eagles, the Bills and the Giants. When you look at those teams, look at the Home Grown drafted talent they have and you'd have to say the Bears would be nuts to choose any of the other guys over Ross.

He's got my seal of approval!!

If he's the man, let's cross our fingers and hope that his success continues here! :cheers

I agree with the comment on Licht. Raye seems just OK to me. Ross on the other hand has worked with the Eagles, the Bills and the Giants. When you look at those teams, look at the Home Grown drafted talent they have and you'd have to say the Bears would be nuts to choose any of the other guys over Ross.

If he's the man, let's cross our fingers and hope that his success continues here! :cheers

Agreed. I like Ross too.

Like I said...Giants have had excellent Oline and Dline for years. Eagles claim to fame5-10 years ago...excellent Dline and their Oline was good (I wouldn't say excellent). The Bills, they just have exceptionally high draft picks year after year.

I'm a little worried that they may just go with Ruskell and Lovie making the moves this year. The one good thing will be if Lovie has a more active role he won't be able to blame anyone else for not fielding a solid team since he is "picking the groceries'.

Ross to me is the power play. If you hit with him, he's young and could be a positive factor for years. He could be a big miss as well. But I like the upside.

If they go Ruskell, I think it'll be a 2 year deal. Same as Smith. They'll eat both if they have to.

I don't have any inside info on this, but I'd be willing to bet (not much, though) that the Bears will sign Ruskell on a 1 year deal. This way, if they don't make the playoffs, the GM hired NEXT year will be able to hire his own HC because Lovie will also be gone.

If they go Ruskell, I think it'll be a 2 year deal. Same as Smith. They'll eat both if they have to.

That might be, but IIRC, they'll still be paying Angelo through 2013. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this would mean in 2013, they'd be paying a new GM, Angelo, Ruskell, Lovie, and a new coach. I don't see that happening.

No way they go with Ruskell, they are just doing him a favor by putting him through the process. Ross or Raye are the front runners, with IMO Raye with a slight lead.

I can see coaches not wanting to come to Chicago b/c they have no idea how long the GM will keep the staff intact, but a GM is different and one of these guys would be honored to take that position over a director of college personnel or player personnal

Guest TerraTor
No way they go with Ruskell, they are just doing him a favor by putting him through the process. Ross or Raye are the front runners, with IMO Raye with a slight lead.

I can see coaches not wanting to come to Chicago b/c they have no idea how long the GM will keep the staff intact, but a GM is different and one of these guys would be honored to take that position over a director of college personnel or player personnal

Those two may certainly be the front-runners in the Bears eyes. However, they probably wont take the job after they are informed of how things will be (Lovie) and if Tice leaves of course. That being said, i feel Ruskell is the more reasonable hire. Probably one of a small group of GMs with a worse drafting record and FRee Agency signings in recent history....

But do you really see a one year GM contract? I honestly can't ever recall hearing of one in any of the major professional sports...

That might be, but IIRC, they'll still be paying Angelo through 2013. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this would mean in 2013, they'd be paying a new GM, Angelo, Ruskell, Lovie, and a new coach. I don't see that happening.

Those two may certainly be the front-runners in the Bears eyes. However, they probably wont take the job after they are informed of how things will be (Lovie) and if Tice leaves of course. That being said, i feel Ruskell is the more reasonable hire. Probably one of a small group of GMs with a worse drafting record and FRee Agency signings in recent history....

I just think if I were in that situation coming into a team with a HC already in place, just gives the new GM a little less headache to worry about. Ross or Raye could have 2 years where they would not be the ones to blame for lack of production on the field, all they would have to worry about is the success of thier top draft picks. This would buy the new GM 2 years of scouting out and finding exactly who they would want for the job. I think it's the most appealing point to the job for a future GM.

Interesting point. Built-in insurance...

I just think if I were in that situation coming into a team with a HC already in place, just gives the new GM a little less headache to worry about. Ross or Raye could have 2 years where they would not be the ones to blame for lack of production on the field, all they would have to worry about is the success of thier top draft picks. This would buy the new GM 2 years of scouting out and finding exactly who they would want for the job. I think it's the most appealing point to the job for a future GM.