Brees Franchised

adam

That would be awesome, but the only way we could spend that kind of money on 2 FAs is if we didnt franchise Forte and used his money, but to late now.

And if the Bears did that, then they'd need a RB.

Anyway, having Colston on the market is a great thing for the Bears. Makes the upgrade they need plausible, and if they can't afford the guard, having Nicks out there will knock off 1 team from overpaying for another lineman, or knock off a team from drafting one.

@ProFootbalFocus Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

How good is Carl Nicks? Allowed just 12 pressures all last season in 700 passing plays, is a powerful run blocker, just 26 years old.

Retweeted by Adam Schefter

That's insane. I'd make Mario Williams and Carl Nicks my first two targets and see if we can sign one of them. If it doesn't work out then I'd go to Jackson and Colston. If none of those options work, I think our offseason failed.

That's insane. I'd make Mario Williams and Carl Nicks my first two targets and see if we can sign one of them. If it doesn't work out then I'd go to Jackson and Colston. If none of those options work, I think our offseason failed.

Nicks wants 5/60, and Williams is going to get 90 mil., so I fear we wont be getting either one. We could afford Nicks but that is what Jackson will be signing for and think that would be better spent on him.

I'd still take Jackson first, but on the off chance the Chargers change their mind, then Colston becomes the guy you call at 12:01.

That would be tampering :D

FA doesn't open at midnight this year, it's been changed, not sure the time I believe its 6am or something

just an FYI...

March 13: 2012 League Year Begins.

• Beginning of free-agent signing period (4:00 PM ET).
  • Beginning of trade period (4:00 PM ET).
  • Deadline for submission of qualifying offers by clubs to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with fewer than three accrued seasons (4:00 PM ET).
  • Deadline for submission of qualifying offers by clubs to retain a right of first refusal / compensation to their RFAs (4:00 PM ET).