Kameron Wimbley

DABEARSDABOMB

Apparently, Wimbley was the Bears top target in 2011 FA. However, he was resigned by the Raiders prior to the Bears getting a chance. This is pure McClure and the speculation is the Bears will be high on him again this year. They think he's the perfect compliment opposite Peppers. Probably will cost between 5-7M a year.

I know we've talked about him a lot but I figure at this point, he deserves his own thread. I assume he will be release by the Raiders shortly!

Guest TerraTor
Apparently, Wimbley was the Bears top target in 2011 FA. However, he was resigned by the Raiders prior to the Bears getting a chance. This is pure McClure and the speculation is the Bears will be high on him again this year. They think he's the perfect compliment opposite Peppers. Probably will cost between 5-7M a year.

I know we've talked about him a lot but I figure at this point, he deserves his own thread. I assume he will be release by the Raiders shortly!

hell play him at OLB

Thus begs the argument: Are the Bears better off trying to get one great player (Williams), vs. a really good player for great money (V-Jack) vs. 2-3 good players . . .

Thus begs the argument: Are the Bears better off trying to get one great player (Williams), vs. a really good player for great money (V-Jack) vs. 2-3 good players . . .

I would love to get either one but think a Wimbley/DE, Winston/RT. and Colston(if available) would serve us better.

I look at it as if we draft a DE or a WR RD1, which one makes a bigger impact? I would have to go DE bc WR's usually take years to develop.

So I read all this Mario Williams talk as a smoke screen and still see the Bears going with Vincent Jackson. Then we draft the Mercilus kid out of Illinois RD1 and a OLT RD2 or vice versa.

Heres my scenerio:

RD1: Whitney Mercilus DE or Jonathon Martin OLT

RD2: Nick Perry DE/Vinny Curry DE or Zebrie Sanders OLT/Mitchell Schwartz

RD3a: Marvin Jones WR/Brandon Boykin CB

RD3b: Marvin McNutt WR/Trumain Johnson CB

RD4: Ladarius Green TE

RD5: Keenon Robinson OLB

RD6: Dan Herron RB

RD7: Mike Daniels DT

Free Agency: Vincent Jackson WR, Kyle Orton QB, Mincy DE, Kellen Davis TE, Corey Graham CB, Craig Steltz S, Okoye DT

I look at it as if we draft a DE or a WR RD1, which one makes a bigger impact? I would have to go DE bc WR's usually take years to develop.

So I read all this Mario Williams talk as a smoke screen and still see the Bears going with Vincent Jackson. Then we draft the Mercilus kid out of Illinois RD1 and a OLT RD2 or vice versa.

Heres my scenerio:

RD1: Whitney Mercilus DE or Jonathon Martin OLT

RD2: Nick Perry DE/Vinny Curry DE or Zebrie Sanders OLT/Mitchell Schwartz

RD3a: Marvin Jones WR/Brandon Boykin CB

RD3b: Marvin McNutt WR/Trumain Johnson CB

RD4: Ladarius Green TE

RD5: Keenon Robinson OLB

RD6: Dan Herron RB

RD7: Mike Daniels DT

Free Agency: Vincent Jackson WR, Kyle Orton QB, Mincy DE, Kellen Davis TE, Corey Graham CB, Craig Steltz S, Okoye DT

All of that sounds very doable, but if we sign Mincy, I dont think we will draft a DE that high, maybe another DT

I'll take Williams over Vjax. Especially since the money won't be significantly different between the two. I still believe if the Bears go big on one player, they will still have money to make another couple quality smaller signings.

I'll take Williams over Vjax. Especially since the money won't be significantly different between the two. I still believe if the Bears go big on one player, they will still have money to make another couple quality smaller signings.

Really? I feel like the DE position tends to get paid a lot more than the WR position

Really? I feel like the DE position tends to get paid a lot more than the WR position

If 11-13M per year is what Vjax is going to get. Than I'll pay the 15M a year that Williams will get. To me, the other 2M to get a guy who is one of the most talented DE's in football is worth it. I could be wrong though.

If 11-13M per year is what Vjax is going to get. Than I'll pay the 15M a year that Williams will get. To me, the other 2M to get a guy who is one of the most talented DE's in football is worth it. I could be wrong though.

We are paying an average of 14 mil a year for Pep, and Williams will be 2 to 4 mil more per year average. Bewteen Vjax at 12 and Williams at 16, you will get more valve from Mario. The problem is we are hosed on the OL and WR spot if we do this.