Passing Game Coordinator

AZ54

During the interview with Cutler and Marshall, Jay mentioned that having Jermemy Bates here installing some of the things they did in Denver was going to be big for him and Brandon since they both are familiar with the system. I can't say I watched too many of Denver's games back when Cutler was there so I don't know exactly what this means for our passing game. Perhaps some of the folks here that are more football savvy can explain what we're likely to see in our passing game this year.

Interview link:

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/mul...clip=Y&rn=2

I just watched the interview with Emery and he said "people will be surprised how Tice's new offense will utilize Hester." I hope this doesn't mean the Wildcat remains in the playbook because I hate taking the ball out of Cutler's hand. In any case, there is now talk about using our players strengths as opposed to just fitting them into the offense as an X, Y, or Z.

During the interview with Cutler and Marshall, Jay mentioned that having Jermemy Bates here installing some of the things they did in Denver was going to be big for him and Brandon since they both are familiar with the system. I can't say I watched too many of Denver's games back when Cutler was there so I don't know exactly what this means for our passing game. Perhaps some of the folks here that are more football savvy can explain what we're likely to see in our passing game this year.

Interview link:

I just watched the interview with Emery and he said "people will be surprised how Tice's new offense will utilize Hester." I hope this doesn't mean the Wildcat remains in the playbook because I hate taking the ball out of Cutler's hand. In any case, there is now talk about using our players strengths as opposed to just fitting them into the offense as an X, Y, or Z.

What that means to me is that Cutler will be rolling out more throwing on the move so our line won't have to block for 5 seconds while he stays in the pocket. it also means more WR screens to Hester in space so he can do what he does best make people miss. Overall if they used some of the plays they used in Denver...expect Marshall to get alot thrown at him short and deep, then mix in our our WR'S we are going to be pretty damn good in the passing agme.

Interview link:

I would think that if you put Hester in the slot and ran a bunch of crossing routes there will not be a lot of players that will be able to cover him running across the field. And if you clear out the opposite side of the field you will give Hester some room to work out inthe open field and we all know what he can do in the oprn field.

With Marshal in the mix the Bears have to get Hester the ball with room to work.

I'm not a big fan of Hester as a RB. Too small and it keeps him inside where it's easier to defend him. I also don't like seeing him take hits from Dlinemen. He needs space and Brandon Marshall should be the right person to create that for him.

I'm not a big fan of Hester as a RB. Too small and it keeps him inside where it's easier to defend him. I also don't like seeing him take hits from Dlinemen. He needs space and Brandon Marshall should be the right person to create that for him.

Yes so true.....look for Hester to be used on more WR screens and trick plays, reverses. But what comes to mind is lining two WR to one side and Hester on the other side having him motion to the two WR side and Cutler throwing him the ball with two WR blocking for him. If we get two good blocks and a cut back to the middle behind the LB'S then Hester is gone to the house.. I remember he took a slant in the middle of the field to the house against the Seahawks one year.

Agreed. And I have had about enough of seeing Hester run an end around or a reverse. When he starts towards the middle, EVERYONE knows what the play is. I'd much rather see him start towards the middle and run a shallow crossing route where he tries to rub the defender off of a linebacker or an official.

I agree with your agreement....

I hope by saying utilizing Hester in ways not done before, it means correctly. Let him focus on ST. Put him in the mix to run deep, or a few quick slants...and see if he can open up more w/ Marshall and Bennett taking some of the better coverage away from him.

Agreed. And I have had about enough of seeing Hester run an end around or a reverse. When he starts towards the middle, EVERYONE knows what the play is. I'd much rather see him start towards the middle and run a shallow crossing route where he tries to rub the defender off of a linebacker or an official.