Brandon Marshall Nightclub Incident...

Pixote

I have been waiting to hear news of what is going on with this alleged incident since the news first broke after the trade.

The last I heard the police do not seem to be investigating this issue, almost as if they feel it is a false allegation.

I had also heard the complainant seems to be reluctant to talk to authorities.

Has this been dismissed, or is it still a time bomb ready to explode with the Commish holding the dead-man switch?

Schefter reported a week or so ago that he doubts Marshall gets suspended.

I heard on the SCORE they expected him to get a minimum of one game regardless of guilt. He's a repeat offender and he put himself in a bad situation. Him being at the wrong place at the wrong time, regardless of fault, looked bad for the league. Just about any other player would receive the benefit of the doubt. He's lost that privilege.

I heard on the SCORE they expected him to get a minimum of one game regardless of guilt. He's a repeat offender and he put himself in a bad situation. Him being at the wrong place at the wrong time, regardless of fault, looked bad for the league. Just about any other player would receive the benefit of the doubt. He's lost that privilege.

I'd be fighting that with every legal angle possible. That's total BS to say well you happened to be here when something bad happened and say goodbye to a game check. Why doesn't the other angle make the league look good? You know how Marshall was at a club when something bad happened and he just quietly walked away.

Was this recent on the SCORE? I remember listening to the broadcast where they expected a game or two....but that was back in March. I agreed with them at the time, but the more and more that actually comes out about this issue...I'm not so sure anymore.

Everything I've heard since is that he didn't even punch that woman....or anyone else for that matter. The investigating parties have already closed the case reference any wrongdoing.

If that is indeed true- I can't see how he'd get suspended at all.

If he gets one game and they can't beat the Colts without him, they stink anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
We noted last week that Chicago Bears receiver Brandon Marshall, in his strongest language yet, denied any wrongdoing as part of a March incident outside a New York City nighclub. Marshall said an allegation that he punched a woman in the face is "a lie" and predicted he would be cleared by the New York City police department soon.

That could happen as early as this week, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Monday morning, Schefter reported that police have "struggled" to find evidence against Marshall and that it's "likely" the case will be closed with no formal charges filed.

In that scenario, it wouldn't seem likely that the NFL would discipline Marshall, either, which means he would be clear for a full 16-game season. Still, this episode should remind the Bears and their fans that Marshall is one misstep from significant time away from the team.

lINK

NFL.com article

According to this article police haven't found evidence of wrong doing and likely no charges against Marshall and goes on to say that a one game suspension is highly unlikely but a fine of some kind is likely. Which IMO that too is crap, if he did nothing wrong, the league should not punish Marshall at all. Beyond that all the media and people declaring him guilty simply because of his past which has been clean of incident for the last few years. That said given his past and how the media and many people are just ready to jump all over him at the first hint of anything bad, It's not the best judgement in his case to be at a night club in the early hours of the morning. I should use better situational awareness. Bad things can happen in a place like that at those hours. But if he didn't do anything wrong, there should be no punishment.

I'd tend to agree. If the guy did nothing, and no charges are pressed, then he should be scott free. There should be no thought of "putting the NFL in a negative light" if the charges are not legit. As a smart man, he should check himself out of nightclubs far earlier, but he has every right to be there and enjoy himself legally. It would appear he was doing that.

NFL.com article

According to this article police haven't found evidence of wrong doing and likely no charges against Marshall and goes on to say that a one game suspension is highly unlikely but a fine of some kind is likely. Which IMO that too is crap, if he did nothing wrong, the league should not punish Marshall at all. Beyond that all the media and people declaring him guilty simply because of his past which has been clean of incident for the last few years. That said given his past and how the media and many people are just ready to jump all over him at the first hint of anything bad, It's not the best judgement in his case to be at a night club in the early hours of the morning. I should use better situational awareness. Bad things can happen in a place like that at those hours. But if he didn't do anything wrong, there should be no punishment.

Another Predator Trying to get money out of a player with a past. Its all I see in the whole thing. No time off for Marshall, if he does a get a game for just being there, then RG has to be removed as Commish. Just because he is there dont mean he was trouble.

Another Predator Trying to get money out of a player with a past. Its all I see in the whole thing. No time off for Marshall, if he does a get a game for just being there, then RG has to be removed as Commish. Just because he is there dont mean he was trouble.

Goodell has never suspended a player without evidence of wrongdoing. There appears to be none so Marshall should be fine.