3rd Round: Brandon Hardin

Stinger226

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it be intersting if they ended up taking Dennard in the 3rd after taking Jeffery? I wouldn't rule it out - his skill set fits well with cover 2 and I've heard him compared to Javier Arenas, who the Chiefs took when Emery was there.

Emery said he wants role players in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Doesn't sound like an OL, so I'm guessing a rotational DT or S. I like this Massie guy though.

He was talking about expectations. Hell, I'm sure he was to draft a future Hall of Famer like Lance Briggs in round 3. Realistically you're getting role players and competition.

Meh. WR in Round 2 made a lot of sense, especially where he could have gone. But this pick makes me shake my head, just like McClellin.

With one legit OT talent - albeit not great - left on the board, how do they not draft him? I guess they really are content with their OL. :shakehead

Meh. WR in Round 2 made a lot of sense, especially where he could have gone. But this pick makes me shake my head, just like McClellin.

With one legit OT talent - albeit not great - left on the board, how do they not draft him? I guess they really are content with their OL. :shakehead

I was hoping they would take Massie and don't understand this pick at all. I'm just wondering if what you , a few others and myself have been saying Williams is going back to LT.

Particularly since we are satisfied with Major Wright and Chris Conte as our starting safeties. The assumption was we would look to add depth at the safety position. You fill that need in the 6th round.

Guest TerraTor
Agreed. Hate both 1st round and 3rd round pick. Hardin may be a terrific special teamer but I don't see how he was the best football player available.

so far this offseason we have gotten 75 special teamers

Bad pick that is too reminiscent of the JA tenure. Spending three straight third round picks on a safety doesn't make much sense to me. I guess we're going to have the best special teams in the world, but let's upgrade the units that are supposed to be scoring and keeping other teams from scoring. I have a hard time believing Brandon Hardin will make more plays next year than Brandon Thompson would.