• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mccellin- concussion

Hardan - shoulder all of 2011....

FuckLovie

The concussion deal seems like a bunch of nothing. Harden was a rising stud in 2010. I'm not saying it was a major need but the reality is the Bears don't think there line is as bad as some people here think it is. Cutler's last 5 games he was sacked 5 times. In 10 games, he was sacked 23 times. That is in a Martz offense without Carimi for a good chunk of the year. To be frank, I expect the Bears to draft best available player quite a bit in this draft and that is what they did. They addressed the 2 biggest needs (outside of LT, which to be frank, wasn't available in this draft) and then went to work.

What's the over-under on the number of games missed because of injury by McClellin and Hardin combined?

Well mcclellin had one concussion in his career, and concussion like symptoms another time and played the entire 2011 season. I think this was a sign that the Bears aren't sold on Wright and think they might be able to upgrade the position with a ballhawk safety. Not saying I'd have made the pick but the Bears are picking from a position of luxury this year where they really can go for who they think is the best available player.

Not many study LT's come from this round (guards, possibly) but LT, nope.

It would appear that Smith was in Emery's ear...

But, if this kid can make it, he'll be one of the only S picks we've made in years that's starting. I still have some hope that Conte can be a player. Maybe we have a good tandem here in future?

I would have preferred an OT, but I understand the pick.

I would say we still need to draft a DT, CB, OT, with the next two picks. Hope they can figure how to do that.

Casserly is talking a lot about Massie...grades out as an RT. I just don't think the Bears have that pegged as a need as they figure they have a couple guys that can play there if need be, one being the guy they invested a 1st round pick in last year. If the Bears are going to draft someone at this point, late, its something they think could project into a LT spot (with a lot of help) and/or a guard or center.