bradjock

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

per ProFootball Weekly Draft 2012:

4th rated HB:

Downside: Not tough or physical, Overmatched by size and gives ground in line, Not a nuanced or crafty route runner, Lacks focus, Rebel without a cause - immature.

THE WAY WE SEE IT * Has the athletic talent to earn a job in a "move" role, but a long history of run-ins off-the-field invites risk. Would benefit from the presence of a demanding father figure presence in a city far from the East Coast where trouble has followed him.

great, we drafted a problem player at a position we don't need in the FOURTH ROUND!!! didn't we just sign our TE davis and our FB in clutts?

this is maybe the dumbest 4th round pick we have made in decades.

good job emery.

great, we drafted a problem player at a position we don't need in the FOURTH ROUND!!! didn't we just sign our TE davis and our FB in clutts?

good job emery.

So by your measure, the Patriots wasted two picks with Gronkowski and Hernandez, and the Colts did this draft by taking Allen and Fleener?

This is a TE league now.

The National Football Post scouting report is better.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=33746

"Impression: Rodriguez isn't a guy who's going to get drafted high. However, he's got the potential to fill a number of roles on an NFL offense in both the run and pass game, can create some mismatches as a pass catcher and develop into a core special teams guy early on."

so we drafted a headcase special team player who we had absolutely no need for on our roster in the 4th round while our offensive line looks like fema will be called in mid-season.

If you wanted to go TE, why not Orson Charles?

Here's the one thing that I'll say - the Bears have no excuse for a bad O-line this year. I don't want to hear about injuries or scheme or anything.

Yup, because they passed on every chance to upgrade.

And you flat out cannot say that the Bears are missing weapons on offense, now that you add in a TE/FB and a WR from the draft.

So by your measure, the Patriots wasted two picks with Gronkowski and Hernandez, and the Colts did this draft by taking Allen and Fleener?

This is a TE league now.

FIRST... we don't HAVE the new england patriots offense. we have an offense ranked in the bottom 10 of the NFL!!!

if anyone thinks even a good tight end (let alone this head case walk-on) will make us a superbowl contender this season please step up and say so.

FIRST... we don't HAVE the new england patriots offense. we have an offense ranked in the bottom 10 of the NFL!!!

if anyone thinks even a good tight end (let alone this head case walk-on) will make us a superbowl contender this season please step up and say so.

First. We dont have an offense that played a game under Tice even, So how can this offense be rated at the bottom? You have no idea what this offense will do. Davis and Rodriguez are size matches for most TE sets that were drafted today. the only thing I can say about this draft pick is why a trouble maker? Iam sure there were others without beating woman charge available.If that is true

First. We dont have an offense that played a game under Tice even, So how can this offense be rated at the bottom? You have no idea what this offense will do. Davis and Rodriguez are size matches for most TE sets that were drafted today. the only thing I can say about this draft pick is why a trouble maker? Iam sure there were others without beating woman charge available.

1. that is correct, we "don't have an offense that has played a game under Tice". neither has anyone else.

*tice is such an unknown that we actually were looking to double up our OC position to a passing OC and a running OC before emery showed up.

2. his size is 6' 1 1/2", so much for size. he doesn't even project to be an nfl tight end but an H-back or fullback. he is listed as the 7th best TE (with those measurables i listed above) in Pro Football Draft Guide.

3. i'm sorry, but with those real off-field issues and that he played at temple after getting kicked out of a major school and will play in specialized downs makes this an al davis, at his worst, senile pick. this guy would not have been drafted before the 7th round and that is being generous. i say he would have easily been a walk-on undrafted player. to WASTE 4th round pick while we have so many real problems and issues on this team is inexcusable.

4. i really have been biting my fingers since this draft started. we pick a DE or LB or whatever the hell he is who is not even close to being the top 3 in this draft and left the best offensive guard and the 2nd best offensive LT who is projected as a great up and coming player on the board to do it. i can live with this pick if he shows me something though in my opinion it was DUMB.

2nd round? fine i had some hope.

3rd round? again i am scratching my head why we picked an injured safety player on a safety glutted team when again we are destitute at the OL position that is key to keep our franchise qb alive. THIS would have been the good 4th round pick and in all truth probably would have still been there when we picked in the 4th.

4th round? good god, a FB, H-back, TE??? we needed this pick here like we needed to draft another qb or running back. it was a stupid wasted pick and i don't give a good s%!+ what this guy turns out like, it was a terrible choice and makes me wonder which GM we have had is the worst.

*quite frankly i am getting real tired of hearing how tice is the golden boy of coaching the offensive line. please tell me, who has he made better? we have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL and where have we seen a player who you can say... WOW, he really made him better.

him AND marrinelli (sp) in my opinion are so over-rated it's ridiculous. neither has done squat.

He was not going last that much longer. He was the top guy at his position, but he's so versatile. He can do a lot without being the go to guy

you can't be serious. "He was not going to last much longer"??

who drafts a project, knucklehead, small school fullback with SERIOUS off-field issues in the 4th round of the NFL draft?

ANSWER: only the chicago bears

good job emery.

I think a lot of this type of posting is those that are just waiting for an excuse to bad mouth the organization. So the team drafts a fullback (although a confusing choice) they pile on. I think it would be better to hold off on the judgement until we have an opportunity to see how this and the rest of the players pan out. After all the last I checked, none of us are in the "war room" when these choices are beig made, nor during the time leading up to it.

I think a lot of this type of posting is those that are just waiting for an excuse to bad mouth the organization. So the team drafts a fullback (although a confusing choice) they pile on. I think it would be better to hold off on the judgement until we have an opportunity to see how this and the rest of the players pan out. After all the last I checked, none of us are in the "war room" when these choices are beig made, nor during the time leading up to it.

This is a great way to look at it. Obviously with any draft there is gonna be people who disagree. I think this one is so frustrating and we see more of it because it looks like a draft of the former GM. A lot of stretch/project players...

Yeah, him being suspended for one game makes him a headcase. Please stop posting bs, cause obviously you have no knowledgeable background about the guy

BS?? yea this guy is a PEACH!!

so, who wouldn't want a character guy like this at a position you don't need to fill in the 4th round?

CBS Sports: Rodriguez, a 6-foot-1, 244-pounder, started his career at West Virginia. He had a felony assault charge reduced to a misdemeanor disturbance and trespassing charge after an alleged physical altercation with a female residence hall adviser. After transferring to Temple in 2008, he was arrested for disorderly conduct in April of 2009 and in 2010 sat out a game for breaking an unspecified team rule.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/04/28/bea...n-fourth-round/

where is your "knowledge" to repute this coming from?

EDIT.. ok i read your post of more research while i was typing the above. but still... this was a bad pick.

would you have drafted a fullback in round four with all the needs that are REAL on this team considering we have a good blocking FB in clutts and this guy is a weak blocker and small?

if expressing my great displeasure with a wasted pick this high when we have passed up multiple chances to add excellent to very good players on our offensive line is piling on then so be it, i am going to pile on until i hear his bones crack.

it doesn't matter one iota how this player turns out. he was drafted way to early at a position of strength when we have multiple needs to even become average at many positions.

as far as your "war room" reference: i guess you STILL believe angelo was the savior of this franchise because HE was in the war room and we dumb fans have no business contradicting any of his moves and picks? right?

LOL!!!